Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC on Black Friday a chapter in the Ferry Tale

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

OC on Black Friday a chapter in the Ferry Tale

Grapeshot was working today and OCing as usual. I wasn't carrying anything but 5 cameras.

I'd like to say that the Jamestown/Scotland neck has new Security and they didn't even blink at his Purdy gun.

Yes, I cut their heads off in this video frame grab because I'm not ready to let the cat ot of the bag yet.

Oh boy....

you were down that way today? .. I was at Jamestown and the Yorktown Victory Center this afternoon (you know how it goes, sometimes you leave things locked in glove boxes because of who you're with, etc). Logan had a great time exploring the ships in Jamestown, and didn't even flinch when they fired the cannon in Yorktown at the artillary demonstration.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    you were down that way today? .. I was at Jamestown and the Yorktown Victory Center this afternoon (you know how it goes, sometimes you leave things locked in glove boxes because of who you're with, etc). Logan had a great time exploring the ships in Jamestown, and didn't even flinch when they fired the cannon in Yorktown at the artillary demonstration.
    We stayed on the other side of the river Scouser/

Kind of an uneventful day with major consequences.
    I haven't felt well this week but was about to pass out when we got back.
    Grapeshot kept on plugging away and got everything done.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    My other side is my "good side" Peter.

That was a special stop detour to make sure that the message of thanks was delivered.

It was obvious that the new security company personnel at the ferry had no concerns about my 1911. There were several cars parked in line, waiting for the ride across the mighty James, that were all abuzz as we walked past though. Welcome to Virginia folks - home of freedom.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So which security company got the contract?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    So which security company got the contract?
    Don't know. I was concentrating on locating one person and didn't bother to ask.

We were doing more than just seeing the sights.
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-24-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Don't know. I was concentrating on locating one person and didn't bother to ask.
    Was this the same one person that was the recipient of a famous finger pointing?

Is that picture capturing the posting of a judicial notice?
    Last edited by Thundar; 11-26-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Patience Thundar....all will be revealed soon

Patience Thundar....all will be revealed soon

Thought I heard my bell ringing. Thanks for getting the door Peter.

Was helping to decorate in the spirit of the season - 'tis better to give than receive
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-26-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

More on this topic next week, I think. Including the general availability of certain public documents.

For now, I would point out that the door in the picture is that of Mrs. Mable Lee Wyche, mother of the "captain" of the security guards on duty at the ferry on Oct. 29, 2010. One of three addresses we got during the criminal proceedings for his residence.

I don't think it would be premature to show a picture of The Honorable Sheriff Clayton, Peter. I loved the look on his face.

By the way, we could use some logistical support from someone who lives in Norfolk. Send me an email if you can assist to
    D.L.Hawes at the domain name in the signature line below.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    More on this topic next week, I think. Including the general availability of certain public documents.

For now, I would point out that the door in the picture is that of Mrs. Mable Lee Wyche, mother of the "captain" of the security guards on duty at the ferry on Oct. 29, 2010. One of three addresses we got during the criminal proceedings for his residence.

I don't think it would be premature to show a picture of The Honorable Sheriff Clayton, Peter. I loved the look on his face.

By the way, we could use some logistical support from someone who lives in Norfolk. Send me an email if you can assist to
    D.L.Hawes at the domain name in the signature line below.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post

Just a quick note about responsibility.
    All photo's, Video's, Screen Grabs, audio or other images, are the responsibility of Old Virginia Media Productions LLC. Any mention of Dan Hawes is done as part of a larger news/documentary production, and can not be considered advertisement on his part.

Loved the comment that the Sheriff made just before we left: "Don't you guys ever take a day off?" No one gave him an answer to that as it was obviously rhetorical frustation on his part, but I was thinking, "Nope, not where righting a wrong and where freedom and rights are concerned. Beside which, it was such a nice day for a sight seeing drive.

The worm is turning.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap
    So that's Grapeshot on the right (somehow that's not how I pictured you),
    and the sheriff looking puzzled & stunned in the middle,
    so is the guy on the left the esteemed Mr. Hawes or Skidmark?
    (I remember reading he looks like Santa, & that does vaguely fit the description.)

The gentleman in the red shirt is Mr. Dan Hawes.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    (I remember reading he looks like Santa, & that does vaguely fit the description.)
    That's Dan Hawes. Both he and Skidmark have been likened to S. Claus.

As to me, don't let the rumpled fenders and paint job fool you. All of the drive components run/work great

I find my present appearance to be advantageous, though I'd gladly revert to past fighting form, in that people tend to underestimate what they think they see

Peter Nap is seldom seen in pictures - he is almost always behind the camera. Imagine Grizzly Adams with an impish grin and a mean streak.

Founder's Club Member
    [photo of house]
    Wow. Real metal awnings. (wistful sigh)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Those aren't good representative pictures of either Grapeshot or Dan. That was taken with an extreme wide angle lens and it made Dan look heavier than he is. For lack of a better word, Dan is stately looking.

Grapeshot doesn't look anything like that. He looks like he's made up of rawhide and hickory splits with a big grin.

Might as well embarrass myself while I'm at it:

Last edited by peter nap; 11-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.

snip.....

Might as well embarrass myself while I'm at it:
    didn't you already do that when you admitted purchasing a 9mm ?

All joking side, peter nap & Grapeshot are 2 of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet in person and go a long way towards proving true the quote that "an armed society is a polite society" ('Beyond This Horizon' by Robert A. Heinlein)
    Last edited by scouser; 11-27-2012 at 11:03 PM.

All joking side, peter nap & Grapeshot are 2 of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet in person and go a long way towards proving true the quote that "an armed society is a polite society" ('Beyond This Horizon' by Robert A. Heinlein)
    In his defense, he "converted" it to a real caliber - and it even goes up to "6".

stay safe,
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    .... Beside which, it was such a nice day for a sight seeing drive.

Sometimes those days just turn out not quite as pretty as you thought they were going to be. I'm glad things worked out so well for y'all.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Sometimes those days just turn out not quite as pretty as you thought they were going to be. I'm glad things worked out so well for y'all.

stay safe.
    That was the point >> < <

+1000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast