• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on Black Friday a chapter in the Ferry Tale

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grapeshot was working today and OCing as usual. I wasn't carrying anything but 5 cameras.

I'd like to say that the Jamestown/Scotland neck has new Security and they didn't even blink at his Purdy gun.

Yes, I cut their heads off in this video frame grab because I'm not ready to let the cat ot of the bag yet.

tsa1.jpg

scouser

you were down that way today? .. I was at Jamestown and the Yorktown Victory Center this afternoon (you know how it goes, sometimes you leave things locked in glove boxes because of who you're with, etc). Logan had a great time exploring the ships in Jamestown, and didn't even flinch when they fired the cannon in Yorktown at the artillary demonstration.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
you were down that way today? .. I was at Jamestown and the Yorktown Victory Center this afternoon (you know how it goes, sometimes you leave things locked in glove boxes because of who you're with, etc). Logan had a great time exploring the ships in Jamestown, and didn't even flinch when they fired the cannon in Yorktown at the artillary demonstration.

We stayed on the other side of the river Scouser/

Kind of an uneventful day with major consequences.
I haven't felt well this week but was about to pass out when we got back.
Grapeshot kept on plugging away and got everything done.

tsa4.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My other side is my "good side" Peter.

That was a special stop detour to make sure that the message of thanks was delivered.

It was obvious that the new security company personnel at the ferry had no concerns about my 1911. There were several cars parked in line, waiting for the ride across the mighty James, that were all abuzz as we walked past though. Welcome to Virginia folks - home of freedom.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Patience Thundar....all will be revealed soon:lol:

Thought I heard my bell ringing. Thanks for getting the door Peter.

Was helping to decorate in the spirit of the season - 'tis better to give than receive
cool.png

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
More on this topic next week, I think. Including the general availability of certain public documents.

For now, I would point out that the door in the picture is that of Mrs. Mable Lee Wyche, mother of the "captain" of the security guards on duty at the ferry on Oct. 29, 2010. One of three addresses we got during the criminal proceedings for his residence.

I don't think it would be premature to show a picture of The Honorable Sheriff Clayton, Peter. I loved the look on his face.

By the way, we could use some logistical support from someone who lives in Norfolk. Send me an email if you can assist to
D.L.Hawes at the domain name in the signature line below.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
More on this topic next week, I think. Including the general availability of certain public documents.

For now, I would point out that the door in the picture is that of Mrs. Mable Lee Wyche, mother of the "captain" of the security guards on duty at the ferry on Oct. 29, 2010. One of three addresses we got during the criminal proceedings for his residence.

I don't think it would be premature to show a picture of The Honorable Sheriff Clayton, Peter. I loved the look on his face.

By the way, we could use some logistical support from someone who lives in Norfolk. Send me an email if you can assist to
D.L.Hawes at the domain name in the signature line below.

tsa6.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Just a quick note about responsibility.
All photo's, Video's, Screen Grabs, audio or other images, are the responsibility of Old Virginia Media Productions LLC. Any mention of Dan Hawes is done as part of a larger news/documentary production, and can not be considered advertisement on his part.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Loved the comment that the Sheriff made just before we left: "Don't you guys ever take a day off?" No one gave him an answer to that as it was obviously rhetorical frustation on his part, but I was thinking, "Nope, not where righting a wrong and where freedom and rights are concerned. Beside which, it was such a nice day for a sight seeing drive.

The worm is turning.

MKEgal

peter nap said:
So that's Grapeshot on the right (somehow that's not how I pictured you),
and the sheriff looking puzzled & stunned in the middle,
so is the guy on the left the esteemed Mr. Hawes or Skidmark? :rolleyes:
(I remember reading he looks like Santa, & that does vaguely fit the description.)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
(I remember reading he looks like Santa, & that does vaguely fit the description.)

That's Dan Hawes. Both he and Skidmark have been likened to S. Claus.

As to me, don't let the rumpled fenders and paint job fool you. All of the drive components run/work great :)

I find my present appearance to be advantageous, though I'd gladly revert to past fighting form, in that people tend to underestimate what they think they see :cool:

Peter Nap is seldom seen in pictures - he is almost always behind the camera. Imagine Grizzly Adams with an impish grin and a mean streak. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Those aren't good representative pictures of either Grapeshot or Dan. That was taken with an extreme wide angle lens and it made Dan look heavier than he is. For lack of a better word, Dan is stately looking.

Grapeshot doesn't look anything like that. He looks like he's made up of rawhide and hickory splits with a big grin.

Might as well embarrass myself while I'm at it:

IMG_2272.jpg

Last edited: