• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about buying a pistol

Clawed

What would i need to do to buy a pistol from someone who doesn't have a pistol permit?
and what kind of paperwork has to be done?

Rich B

I don't think there is any issue with buying from someone who doesn't have a permit, the paperwork should be the same. There will be others along that know exactly what that procedure is.

Come to think of it, we should try to document this in the FAQ.

If someone who knows this process inside and out wants to post a detailed explanation, I'll put it up. Just make sure you indicate it is ok to do so.

brk913

Procedure is exactly the same as if the seller had a permit, when they call for the authorization number they will be asked for the buyer's permit number (required of course) and the seller's permit number, simply state seller has no permit and acquired the gun _______, (whatever legal manner they did), they may ask for the seller's driver's license number, although I bought one once and they did not seem to care as long as you provide them with name, address, DOB and phone number of the seller...

Clawed

Procedure is exactly the same as if the seller had a permit, when they call for the authorization number they will be asked for the buyer's permit number (required of course) and the seller's permit number, simply state seller has no permit and acquired the gun _______, (whatever legal manner they did), they may ask for the seller's driver's license number, although I bought one once and they did not seem to care as long as you provide them with name, address, DOB and phone number of the seller...

ok, thanks a million! :)