Thread: Another Okie OC'r

Another Okie OC'r

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow OC Sooners. Thank gawd that we finally got OC, otherwise I'd be forced to go to the thrift store to find jeans with a larger waistband in order to carry CC.

Welcome Key...glad you found the forum.

Have you checked out www.OKOCA.org yet, some great info and articles about open carry
    Also check out their Facebook page...search I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma (if you haven't already)

Quote Originally Posted by Archerman99 View Post
    Welcome Key...glad you found the forum.

Have you checked out www.OKOCA.org yet, some great info and articles about open carry
    Also check out their Facebook page...search I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma (if you haven't already)
    Thank ya. I've checked out OKOCA. It's how I found this site when I clicked on their forum. Don't do the Facebookie thing.

Another Okie OC'r

Welcome fellow okie!

Quote Originally Posted by Keylock View Post
    Thank ya. I've checked out OKOCA. It's how I found this site when I clicked on their forum. Don't do the Facebookie thing.
    I hear ya on that, I have always thought Failbook a farce and do not participate in it either.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Quote Originally Posted by REDDIRT View Post
    Welcome fellow okie!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I hear ya on that, I have always thought Failbook a farce and do not participate in it either.

Welcome to the forum btw.

My wife plays with Facwbook but then she has friends unlike me. And thanks for the welcome.

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow OC Sooners. Thank gawd that we finally got OC, otherwise I'd be forced to go to the thrift store to find jeans with a larger waistband in order to carry CC.
    Welcome to the forum. Back in the day, whenever I tried going to a larger size pant to CC, all I ended up doing was gaining enough weight to fill the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Back in the day, whenever I tried going to a larger size pant to CC, all I ended up doing was gaining enough weight to fill the pants.
    Thanks. When I was eighteen I wore a 30" waistband. Now that I'm 48, the jeans are 32". I refuse to go larger and my plan is to die as healthy as possible.

I wear a size 32 pants. I never even bothered to go larger, just use a Cross Breed IWB holster which is very thin. All I have ever had to do is just wear my belt one hole looser with the holster in. Do not want a closet full of pants just to fit a particular holster.

This also holds true for my Mitch Rosen IWB holster.

But my true pant size is really 31, and just try and find size 31 jeans. ;-(
    Last edited by cbxer55; 11-25-2012 at 09:12 PM.

I wear a size 32 pants. I never even bothered to go larger, just use a Cross Breed IWB holster which is very thin. All I have ever had to do is just wear my belt one hole looser with the holster in. Do not want a closet full of pants just to fit a particular holster.

This also holds true for my Mitch Rosen IWB holster.

But my true pant size is really 31, and just try and find size 31 jeans. ;-(
    Have you looked at Wranglers? They offer 31" sizes in over a dozen designs. I wear Rigid Cowboy Cut Slim Fit myself.

My setup in the firearm department.

I just have a preference for Levi's. I mostly wear black Levi's. Size 32 fits me comfortably armed or not, and I have ten pairs each of black and blue 505s. Blue for work, black for leisure. Appreciate the info, but after Wrangler's closed up their Oklahoma plant, layed everyone off, and moved to Mexico, I prefer to take my business elsewhere. For all I know, Levi's are made out of country as well, but what can ya do? Wrangler just pissed me off doing that, and I will not reward them for it.

I carry a Kimber 1911 in .35 acp. Cannot really tell what your is, but definitely looks like compact 1911. The Crossbreed holster so well distributes the weight, I usually forget the thing is there. I like that.

This is what I typically have on me out and about. The little gun in an ankle holster on my left leg, another ankle pouch on my right leg with some more magazines. The knives change, but always two of them, currently a left and right handed Spyderco Military.

This is the storage compartment on the back of my motorcycle. I added it so I would have some place to stash the gun, just in case.

Last edited by cbxer55; 11-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.

I just have a preference for Levi's. I mostly wear black Levi's. Size 32 fits me comfortably armed or not, and I have ten pairs each of black and blue 505s. Blue for work, black for leisure. Appreciate the info, but after Wrangler's closed up their Oklahoma plant, layed everyone off, and moved to Mexico, I prefer to take my business elsewhere. For all I know, Levi's are made out of country as well, but what can ya do? Wrangler just pissed me off doing that, and I will not reward them for it.

I carry a Kimber 1911 in .35 acp. Cannot really tell what your is, but definitely looks like compact 1911. The Crossbreed holster so well distributes the weight, I usually forget the thing is there. I like that.
    Stopped buying Levi's back in the late '80's. Definitely made it a point to never buy them again when it was revealed they supported PAX (now CPYV)... an anti-gun organization.

The gun is a Detonics Combat Commander Mk VI in .45acp.
    Last edited by Keylock; 11-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Stopped buying Levi's back in the late '80's. Definitely made it a point to never buy them again when it was revealed they supported PAX (now CPYV)... an anti-gun organization.
    That I did not know. Hmmm. Oh well, I always buy mine at Sam's, when they have them. Paid like $18.00 a pair for them the last several years, so they did not get a lot of money from me. Guess that is something else to keep in mind.

One point though: anti gun groups have not been faring all that well the last few years. Guess all that money is just not enough.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 11-25-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Nice ride and setup. I drive around in a handme down Toyota Echo from my wife after I bought her a new Kia Rio. Ain't fancy but it does the job.

Other carry guns are a Ruger LCP,

And a Ruger SP 101 .357,

Off topic huh? ;-)

I drive a 2004 Ford Lightning.

And here is what makes it a Lightning, Roots supercharged V-8. Yeah, gets lousy gas mileage.

Last edited by cbxer55; 11-25-2012 at 10:14 PM.

My little Toyota gets about 30 city, 40 highway. Money not spent on fuel goes towards food and if the star align just right, occassionally gun stuff. I'm definitely not a 1%'er.

My setup in the firearm department.

[/QUOTE]

That use looks a lot like my Randall.
    Key, what is that you carry? Is it a Randall?

Quote Originally Posted by Archerman99 View Post

That use looks a lot like my Randall.
    Key, what is that you carry? Is it a Randall?

It's a Detonics MkVI in .45 acp. here's a photo unsheathed beside my LCP.