• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Okie OC'r

Keylock

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow OC Sooners. Thank gawd that we finally got OC, otherwise I'd be forced to go to the thrift store to find jeans with a larger waistband in order to carry CC. :)

Archerman99

Welcome Key...glad you found the forum.

Have you checked out www.OKOCA.org yet, some great info and articles about open carry
Also check out their Facebook page...search I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma (if you haven't already)

Keylock

Welcome Key...glad you found the forum.

Have you checked out www.OKOCA.org yet, some great info and articles about open carry
Also check out their Facebook page...search I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma (if you haven't already)

Thank ya. I've checked out OKOCA. It's how I found this site when I clicked on their forum. Don't do the Facebookie thing. :)

okiephlyer

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow OC Sooners. Thank gawd that we finally got OC, otherwise I'd be forced to go to the thrift store to find jeans with a larger waistband in order to carry CC. :)
Welcome to the forum. Back in the day, whenever I tried going to a larger size pant to CC, all I ended up doing was gaining enough weight to fill the pants.

Keylock

Welcome to the forum. Back in the day, whenever I tried going to a larger size pant to CC, all I ended up doing was gaining enough weight to fill the pants.

Thanks. When I was eighteen I wore a 30" waistband. Now that I'm 48, the jeans are 32". I refuse to go larger and my plan is to die as healthy as possible. :D

cbxer55

I wear a size 32 pants. I never even bothered to go larger, just use a Cross Breed IWB holster which is very thin. All I have ever had to do is just wear my belt one hole looser with the holster in. Do not want a closet full of pants just to fit a particular holster.

This also holds true for my Mitch Rosen IWB holster.

But my true pant size is really 31, and just try and find size 31 jeans. ;-(

Last edited:

Keylock

I wear a size 32 pants. I never even bothered to go larger, just use a Cross Breed IWB holster which is very thin. All I have ever had to do is just wear my belt one hole looser with the holster in. Do not want a closet full of pants just to fit a particular holster.

This also holds true for my Mitch Rosen IWB holster.

But my true pant size is really 31, and just try and find size 31 jeans. ;-(

Have you looked at Wranglers? They offer 31" sizes in over a dozen designs. I wear Rigid Cowboy Cut Slim Fit myself.

My setup in the firearm department.

FBC079DF-9D08-40DD-B26E-DBA4D0FF5923-4201-000012B1D9022CF1_zps32908f68.jpg

cbxer55

I just have a preference for Levi's. I mostly wear black Levi's. Size 32 fits me comfortably armed or not, and I have ten pairs each of black and blue 505s. Blue for work, black for leisure. Appreciate the info, but after Wrangler's closed up their Oklahoma plant, layed everyone off, and moved to Mexico, I prefer to take my business elsewhere. For all I know, Levi's are made out of country as well, but what can ya do? Wrangler just pissed me off doing that, and I will not reward them for it.

I carry a Kimber 1911 in .35 acp. Cannot really tell what your is, but definitely looks like compact 1911. The Crossbreed holster so well distributes the weight, I usually forget the thing is there. I like that.

cbxer55

This is what I typically have on me out and about. The little gun in an ankle holster on my left leg, another ankle pouch on my right leg with some more magazines. The knives change, but always two of them, currently a left and right handed Spyderco Military.

01010002.jpg

This is the storage compartment on the back of my motorcycle. I added it so I would have some place to stash the gun, just in case.

01010023.jpg

01010004-2.jpg

Last edited:

Keylock

I just have a preference for Levi's. I mostly wear black Levi's. Size 32 fits me comfortably armed or not, and I have ten pairs each of black and blue 505s. Blue for work, black for leisure. Appreciate the info, but after Wrangler's closed up their Oklahoma plant, layed everyone off, and moved to Mexico, I prefer to take my business elsewhere. For all I know, Levi's are made out of country as well, but what can ya do? Wrangler just pissed me off doing that, and I will not reward them for it.

I carry a Kimber 1911 in .35 acp. Cannot really tell what your is, but definitely looks like compact 1911. The Crossbreed holster so well distributes the weight, I usually forget the thing is there. I like that.

Stopped buying Levi's back in the late '80's. Definitely made it a point to never buy them again when it was revealed they supported PAX (now CPYV)... an anti-gun organization.

The gun is a Detonics Combat Commander Mk VI in .45acp.

Last edited:

cbxer55

Stopped buying Levi's back in the late '80's. Definitely made it a point to never buy them again when it was revealed they supported PAX (now CPYV)... an anti-gun organization.

That I did not know. Hmmm. Oh well, I always buy mine at Sam's, when they have them. Paid like $18.00 a pair for them the last several years, so they did not get a lot of money from me. Guess that is something else to keep in mind.

One point though: anti gun groups have not been faring all that well the last few years. Guess all that money is just not enough.

Last edited:

Keylock

Nice ride and setup. I drive around in a handme down Toyota Echo from my wife after I bought her a new Kia Rio. Ain't fancy but it does the job.

Other carry guns are a Ruger LCP,

08629861-59A8-49A5-8212-52CFE78C883A-4201-000012C583DE0A6E_zpsbde12466.jpg

And a Ruger SP 101 .357,

1E93843F-ACEF-41A0-9DF4-FA34395ABB1F-4201-000012C593343255_zpsb165e034.jpg

cbxer55

Off topic huh? ;-)

I drive a 2004 Ford Lightning.
01010002-11.jpg

And here is what makes it a Lightning, Roots supercharged V-8. Yeah, gets lousy gas mileage.

01010003-3.jpg

Last edited:

Keylock

My little Toyota gets about 30 city, 40 highway. Money not spent on fuel goes towards food and if the star align just right, occassionally gun stuff. I'm definitely not a 1%'er. :)