• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo prices

Small_Arms_Collector

I remember there being a site that kept a running tab on the prices of ammo from a bunch of different sites so you could comparison shop at a glance, does anyone remember the link?

On that note I need to pick up some ammunition for a coming range day (my supplies of range ammo are running low) it will just be a quick one (Taking my sister (16) for her first real range day so it will mostly just be a fam fire/plinking, also the nearest suitable range is about 2 hours away (the pit in Lapeer) each way so I wouldn't have much time for more than that anyway.) so I won't need much I was thinking about 200 rounds of 5.56, 200 rounds of 7.62x39, 1, or 200 rounds of .40 S&W, and a couple 550 round bricks of .22LR. I would love to get more, but my budget for this is extremely low so I don't need links for 1,000 round cans, that said got any links? Also please keep shipping in mind.

Gil223

Ammmo Prices

Online ammo prices look pretty attractive, until they add the cost of shipping. I've bought my share online, and paid dearly for the transportation charges. Your best bet is to pull up some sites, fill out the order form up to the point after shipping is added, and then check your local stores. That much ammo "ain't" light. Frequently it has proven more cost-effective to buy locally - and you have it the same day. Just my thoughts. :) Pax...

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

Online ammo prices look pretty attractive, until they add the cost of shipping. I've bought my share online, and paid dearly for the transportation charges. Your best bet is to pull up some sites, fill out the order form up to the point after shipping is added, and then check your local stores. That much ammo "ain't" light. Frequently it has proven more cost-effective to buy locally - and you have it the same day. Just my thoughts. :) Pax...

I'm checking sites one by one now, but I remember there being one site that had a running comparison.

The "cheapest" I can find local is $7.99 for 20 rounds of Wolf .223, so that's out.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You may be thinking of www.ammoengine.com, but they don't have all retailers. In fact, they have fewer now than they used to. I think some retailers must have somehow opted out.