• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seen the remake of RED DAWN.

zack991

Movie was not as bad as I thought it would be, the story was not the same as the original but it was enjoyable. If your thinking about seeing it, I would say it was not a waste of money since it is a decent action flick, but not as enjoyable as the original was. If your looking for a action movie to see, this one is not a bad one to see.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

I haven't really seen the preview yet. Wh are the bad guys this time? Still the Russians and Cubans?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

KYGlockster

Activist Member
So the story line sucks but it's a 'good' action flick?

I enjoyed the film. I thought it was MUCH better than the first film -- by a long-shot! The film was more in-touch with the invading forces [North Korea] and the writing was much better, as was the acting. I would give this film FIVE stars, and say that anyone that enjoys this type of film should give it a try.

This film made the hair on the back of my neck stand up on several occasions, and will touch home for any true Patriot. A small group of fighters started an all-out resistance that began taking back our Country from the hostile invaders; what's not to like?

Last edited:

zack991

I have seen plenty of mindless action flicks that were still fun to watch. Yea the story line was thin but it was still enjoyable. As for the bad guys in the movie was North Korea and Soviet spetsnaz. It was China which was more believable but they refused to make the film if they kept china as the bad guys.

Freedom1Man

I have seen plenty of mindless action flicks that were still fun to watch. Yea the story line was thin but it was still enjoyable. As for the bad guys in the movie was North Korea and Soviet spetsnaz. It was China which was more believable but they refused to make the film if they kept china as the bad guys.

Well.... China did/does back North Korea, so this might as close as they could get to get the idea across.

As for the first one, I rather enjoyed it. I believe that the story line was mostly solid. I saw it as being kinda 'real'.

The trailers for the new one make it look, rather fake.

Freedom1Man

I enjoyed the film. I thought it was MUCH better than the first film -- by a long-shot! The film was more in-touch with the invading forces [North Korea] and the writing was much better, as was the acting. I would give this film FIVE stars, and say that anyone that enjoys this type of film should give it a try.

This film made the hair on the back of my neck stand up on several occasions, and will touch home for any true Patriot. A small group of fighters started an all-out resistance that began taking back our Country from the hostile invaders; what's not to like?

Based on your review. I might go and see it.

I don't normally bother with the over priced theaters anymore and just wait for the disc release.

How realistic was it though? As I said earlier that the trailers make it look awful.

zack991

Based on your review. I might go and see it.

I don't normally bother with the over priced theaters anymore and just wait for the disc release.

How realistic was it though? As I said earlier that the trailers make it look awful.

Well as usual the explosions are not too realistic, too much fire, the weapon control was done nicely for the most part from what I noticed. The action did not take forever to start, I did not see any of the 1,000 round single magazine firefights. Its no Blackhawk down in realism but it is not bad for Hollywood.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Well.....

I haven't seen it, but I've read the reviews, and the big deal for me is the made up version of Spokane....

The clock tower is nowhere to be seen (at least according to my friend) no fighting takes place in Riverside Park, and Fairchild AFB is never mentioned. I have a standing grudge against Washington-set movies that don't actually film or depict real places in Washington....

But I'll probably see it for the same reason I liked the first movie, despite the ridicolous premise it's fun to watch commies getting shot.....;)

Ca Patriot

I saw this movie once about how America was invaded by illegal aliens and then partnered with liberal Americans to overthrow the traditions, customs and constitution of America.

All the while the gun toting patriots of America just sat back and let it happen without firing a single shot.

How did the movie end ? I dont know, i'm still watching it right now....

EMNofSeattle

Nope, they killed several Koreans and took their AK's and ammo from them. In most firefights they showed them stripping ammo/gear off the dead bodys.

Macbeth was referring to the original "Red Dawn" movie in which a Cuban officer working with the Soviets enters a gun shop and orders his men to seize the "4473s" (ATF form 4473 is what you fill out when buying a gun, it lists the name and address of the buyer, along with the make, model, caliber, serial, etc of the purchased firearm along with the declaration you're not prohibited under federal law to buy a firearm) it's implied that he asked for the forms so he and his soldiers knew who owned guns and what kind of guns they owned so they could be disarmed.

What I've always thought though, if I was a gun shop owner in that case I'm either bugging out with my bound book coming with me or throwing those records on a bonfire before i bug out if possible. I'm sure uncle sam would understand... but then again maybe not.

moonie

I saw the remake with my son that is USMC, we both enjoyed it but then we don't go to check to make sure everything is factual, we go for the entertainment, and it was certainly entertaining.