• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction

Gunwolf

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm a refugee from the not so great state of California. I've lived in south Tulsa/Broken Arrow for about 2 years now. I'm still adjusting to being able to OC with out having to deal with e-checks. It's kinda nice knowing I'm not going to be jumped on sight by a local LEO for an e-check when I carry. Over the years I've owned/carried a Colt 1911, S&W M&P .40 and now a Glock 21(gen3) in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. So far I've OC'ed without any problems. I've gotten a few looks but mostly no one seems to notice or care. Big change from Cali.

See you guys around,

Steve/Gunwolf

----------------------------------------------
If you believe in gun control,
your in great company! Just
ask these guys...
gcworks.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyVet73

Welcome, Ya the hype wasn't as big a the anti's made it out to be, I open carry every time I leave the house and don't hardly get a second look.

Keylock

Howdy from OKC. I carry open all the time now. Have had several positive comments so far. Today in Best Buy the associate helping me asked me how difficult it was to get a permit, what the cost was, etc. Good conversation. An hour later another customer at Walmart pointed me out to his girlfriend in the parking lot and mentioned "an open carrier" in what sounded like a positive tone. :)

cbxer55

Another ex-Californian, cool! I myself moved here from CA in 2002. got my permit in 03. At the time you had to be a resident here for six months before you could apply, fortunately that was abolished. Been carrying concealed ever since. Have OCed a few times, but not been anywhere crowded as of yet. The few people that have noticed had positive comments. I mostly still use an IWB holster, and just tuck my shirt in leaving the top of the gun open, have a Mitch Rosen holster that is just awesome. I carry a Kimber CDP II in .45ACP. Nothing looks cooler to me than a 1911 with custom stocks. I recently re-installed my red/black Carbon Creations carbon fiber stocks.

Hope you are enjoying Oklahoma. Depending on where in CA you are from, the winters here can be harsh. Last winter was an exception to that rule as I suspect this one will be. Where I lived in CA, Palmdale and Lancaaster, the winters got as cold as they do here, but winter precipitation was rare. That is the only thing I do not like about here, wet winters.

Hopefully we'll meet at some gathering in the near future.

Last edited:

Gary S

Welcome to the forum its a great place to be. I could not imagine being in California. Im happy to find so many people around broken arrow we will have to all get a coffee or something and get to know each other

Gary S

Coffee, water or just out at a range or park, im curious to see how many open carriers there are in the broken arrow area. My schedule is pretty much clear for whenever so if it sounds like something broken arrow can handle, lets get a day and time set and ill be there for sure.

okiephlyer

Coffee, water or just out at a range or park, im curious to see how many open carriers there are in the broken arrow area. My schedule is pretty much clear for whenever so if it sounds like something broken arrow can handle, lets get a day and time set and ill be there for sure.

Gary, PM sent.

Glock 1st fan

Id be interested in meeting fellow OCers too in B.A. I work so much that I always open carry (Duty requirement) But I am so supportive of everyone who does so :)

Gary S

Id be interested in meeting fellow OCers too in B.A. I work so much that I always open carry (Duty requirement) But I am so supportive of everyone who does so :)
Oklaccer is also wanting to do a meet and greet i think at this point we just need to see who else would want to and find a day and time im open any day. I guess let me get with him as his schedule is busy and see if we can't iron something out. Are weekends better or are weekdays?