Thread: Richmond Times Dispatch Antis are leaving all the comments.

Richmond Times Dispatch Antis are leaving all the comments.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/st...d7170439b.html

Antis are leaving the comments. Show em' where they are wrong.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

gotta be Faceplant to comment, I think. wont do that.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/st...d7170439b.html

Antis are leaving the comments. Show em' where they are wrong.
    Seems to be primarily the one poster: Lance. I love how he appears to believe since he owns guns, he knows what guns should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    Seems to be primarily the one poster: Lance. I love how he appears to believe since he owns guns, he knows what guns should be allowed.
    As soon as I read him mentioning "automatic assault weapons" I stopped reading. Not going to comment on there myself .. RTD and its readers don't need to have any of my facebook details

Looks like the antis are no longerr leading the comments war - either in numbers or intelligence.

they were loading guns one wad, one powder pack, one ball at a time and shoving it down the barrel with a rod.
    Thank goodness he does it that way. He'll spend all day sparking his flint and wondering why all he gets is a flash in the pan.

His Indian name must be "Vegitarian".

Scouser - he actually said "automatic assault rifles" - which is correct. "Assault weapons", on the other hand .... (even if they do not have the shoulder thingy that goes up).

Here
    However, every law passed abridges someone’s rights even those granting rights means someone else is denied another point of view. So, why have laws? Societies don’t seem to work well without a set of agreed to standards for conduct to have an orderly society so laws are agreed to
    is where Lance lost all credibility - even as a Fudd he had some. An agreement is a decision that is between equals - laws are imposed by the more powerful on the weaker. That Lance does not understand this makes me weep for our future.

But Lance is right - times have changed. Folks are now awakening to at least two truths - there are bad people out there who mean to hurt good people if necessary to take what the bad people want, and the police are not going to be able to stop the bad people - at best the police can figure out who they are and catch them after the fact. The other thing that has changed, which really seems to upset, if not scare the pants off, Lance is that folks are taking responsibility for their own safety and security instead of waiting for the nanny State to "do something". Of course, the state has alread "done something". but apparently it was just not exactly the right thing, so Lance wants to "do something more" in case that turns out to be the thing that fixes everything. (Maybe Lance could hunt for some unicorn farts? I hear they make everything all better.)

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 11-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Well done.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Someone needs to tell Phillip, and commenter that mentioned that semi-auto firearms were around 80 years BEFORE the declaration of Independence. I can not comment for some reason. Our founding fathers knew EXACTLY what direction firearms technology was headed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Puck...ient=firefox-a
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    Someone needs to tell Phillip, and commenter that mentioned that semi-auto firearms were around 80 years BEFORE the declaration of Independence. I can not comment for some reason. Our founding fathers knew EXACTLY what direction firearms technology was headed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Puck...ient=firefox-a
    Now that's just unfair, using actual facts and all.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit