• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Times Dispatch Antis are leaving all the comments.

scouser

Seems to be primarily the one poster: Lance. I love how he appears to believe since he owns guns, he knows what guns should be allowed.

As soon as I read him mentioning "automatic assault weapons" I stopped reading. Not going to comment on there myself .. RTD and its readers don't need to have any of my facebook details

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Looks like the antis are no longerr leading the comments war - either in numbers or intelligence.

they were loading guns one wad, one powder pack, one ball at a time and shoving it down the barrel with a rod.

Thank goodness he does it that way. He'll spend all day sparking his flint and wondering why all he gets is a flash in the pan.

His Indian name must be "Vegitarian".

Scouser - he actually said "automatic assault rifles" - which is correct. "Assault weapons", on the other hand .... (even if they do not have the shoulder thingy that goes up).

Here
However, every law passed abridges someone’s rights even those granting rights means someone else is denied another point of view. So, why have laws? Societies don’t seem to work well without a set of agreed to standards for conduct to have an orderly society so laws are agreed to
is where Lance lost all credibility - even as a Fudd he had some. An agreement is a decision that is between equals - laws are imposed by the more powerful on the weaker. That Lance does not understand this makes me weep for our future.

But Lance is right - times have changed. Folks are now awakening to at least two truths - there are bad people out there who mean to hurt good people if necessary to take what the bad people want, and the police are not going to be able to stop the bad people - at best the police can figure out who they are and catch them after the fact. The other thing that has changed, which really seems to upset, if not scare the pants off, Lance is that folks are taking responsibility for their own safety and security instead of waiting for the nanny State to "do something". Of course, the state has alread "done something". but apparently it was just not exactly the right thing, so Lance wants to "do something more" in case that turns out to be the thing that fixes everything. (Maybe Lance could hunt for some unicorn farts? I hear they make everything all better.)

stay safe.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran