Thread: How many guns can you carry

How many guns can you carry

Is there a law that states how many guns you can carry on you?

I am not aware of any Indiana law restricting the number of guns one may carry. I'd frequently carry 2.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by Usarmy_nathan View Post
    Is there a law that states how many guns you can carry on you?
    Nope.

When I'm openly carrying, I always have another concealed.

Banned
    How many tires does your car have? Five, four on the wheels and one in the trunk - in case one gets a flat.

Good analogy for carrying 2 or more.

I don't think I have enough room to carry 5. Let's see...LCR22 in ankle holster, Beretta tomcat in pocket, XD40 open carried on right side, XD40 subcompact IWB @5:00, GP100 crossdraw. That might work.

The reason I carry two is so that I'll still have one when the cops decide to coonfinger the one I'm OCing.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
    I don't think I have enough room to carry 5. Let's see...LCR22 in ankle holster, Beretta tomcat in pocket, XD40 open carried on right side, XD40 subcompact IWB @5:00, GP100 crossdraw. That might work.

The reason I carry two is so that I'll still have one when the cops decide to coonfinger the one I'm OCing.
    Good luck with that! I can assure you that if you are the recipient of a Terry stop for OCing, then you will be deprived of both of your firearms and not just the one they can see.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Re: How many guns can you carry

Lol! I do the same but just a 4"Xd and the 3" XDm.

Though I do it in case I'm fighting for my oc gun. They won't think I have another.

Yea... Paranoia. Lol...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Having a back-up is good. It's that old "one is none and two is one" thing. Having a back-up that takes the same ammo in the same delivery system is also a good idea, but therr's nothing that says I can't stoke my 625 from a magazine or pull rounds from a moon clip into a magazine.

What's even better is having the same make/model at home in case something goes wrong and your carry piece(s) are placed out of commission for a while - be it at the gunsmith or the evidence locker. It's the difference between EDC and "a collection".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Re: How many guns can you carry

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Having a back-up is good. It's that old "one is none and two is one" thing. Having a back-up that takes the same ammo in the same delivery system is also a good idea, but therr's nothing that says I can't stoke my 625 from a magazine or pull rounds from a moon clip into a magazine.

What's even better is having the same make/model at home in case something goes wrong and your carry piece(s) are placed out of commission for a while - be it at the gunsmith or the evidence locker. It's the difference between EDC and "a collection".

stay safe.
    EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    EDC?

Everyday carry.

OT: I already have a G22 but I like the idea of getting a G27 as a BUG. Glock 22 15+1 Glock 27 9+1 and 2 spare 15 round mags that can fit into the Glock 22 or 27.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned

Don't forget your hat .. that's one more....

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Good luck with that! I can assure you that if you are the recipient of a Terry stop for OCing, then you will be deprived of both of your firearms and not just the one they can see.
    No, you can't.

I, however, can assure you that when I was stopped for OCing, I was deprived of neither of my firearms. They did not even attempt to disarm me, only detained me for an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Terry stop or vehicle stop, history has shown us otherwise.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels