• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many guns can you carry

xmanhockey7

I am not aware of any Indiana law restricting the number of guns one may carry. I'd frequently carry 2.

davidmcbeth

Banned
How many tires does your car have? Five, four on the wheels and one in the trunk - in case one gets a flat.

Good analogy for carrying 2 or more.

cce1302

I don't think I have enough room to carry 5. Let's see...LCR22 in ankle holster, Beretta tomcat in pocket, XD40 open carried on right side, XD40 subcompact IWB @5:00, GP100 crossdraw. That might work. ;)

The reason I carry two is so that I'll still have one when the cops decide to coonfinger the one I'm OCing. :)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I don't think I have enough room to carry 5. Let's see...LCR22 in ankle holster, Beretta tomcat in pocket, XD40 open carried on right side, XD40 subcompact IWB @5:00, GP100 crossdraw. That might work. ;)

The reason I carry two is so that I'll still have one when the cops decide to coonfinger the one I'm OCing. :)

Good luck with that! I can assure you that if you are the recipient of a Terry stop for OCing, then you will be deprived of both of your firearms and not just the one they can see.

Anonymouse

Lol! I do the same but just a 4"Xd and the 3" XDm.

Though I do it in case I'm fighting for my oc gun. They won't think I have another.

Yea... Paranoia. Lol...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Having a back-up is good. It's that old "one is none and two is one" thing. Having a back-up that takes the same ammo in the same delivery system is also a good idea, but therr's nothing that says I can't stoke my 625 from a magazine or pull rounds from a moon clip into a magazine.

What's even better is having the same make/model at home in case something goes wrong and your carry piece(s) are placed out of commission for a while - be it at the gunsmith or the evidence locker. It's the difference between EDC and "a collection".

stay safe.

Anonymouse

Having a back-up is good. It's that old "one is none and two is one" thing. Having a back-up that takes the same ammo in the same delivery system is also a good idea, but therr's nothing that says I can't stoke my 625 from a magazine or pull rounds from a moon clip into a magazine.

What's even better is having the same make/model at home in case something goes wrong and your carry piece(s) are placed out of commission for a while - be it at the gunsmith or the evidence locker. It's the difference between EDC and "a collection".

stay safe.

EDC?

xmanhockey7

EDC?

Everyday carry.

OT: I already have a G22 but I like the idea of getting a G27 as a BUG. Glock 22 15+1 Glock 27 9+1 and 2 spare 15 round mags that can fit into the Glock 22 or 27.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Don't forget your hat .. that's one more....:dude:

cce1302

Good luck with that! I can assure you that if you are the recipient of a Terry stop for OCing, then you will be deprived of both of your firearms and not just the one they can see.

No, you can't.

I, however, can assure you that when I was stopped for OCing, I was deprived of neither of my firearms. They did not even attempt to disarm me, only detained me for an hour and a half.

griffin

Terry stop or vehicle stop, history has shown us otherwise. :)