• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Holder To Appear In Connecticut On Gun Violence Initiative

Rich B

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-federal-gun-violence-1127-20121126,0,2927202.story

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy will join U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut David Fein at a news conference Tuesday to announce a comprehensive initiative to reduce gun violence in Connecticut's major cities, Malloy's office said.

None of the three officials could be immediately reached and details of the initiative were not available.

The press conference is scheduled to take place at 11 a.m. Thursday in the offices of the U.S. Attorney in New Haven, Malloy's office said.

Malloy's office said others attending the press conference will be representatives of law enfrocement, elected officials, social service providers, community leaders and academic researchers.

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, something is up.

davidmcbeth

Banned
We can only hope that the bridge on I95, near exit 25, collapses when he is being driven over it....its a crap bridge...Gods will.

And what can this idiot be up to? Spouting off more garbage?

And they will not take questions from the public nor allow anyone into the meeting who they did not invite (per Tom Carlson of the US DAs office) ...

I would have gone down there and try to ask him a question otherwise....

More commie/fascists behavior

motoxmann

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, something is up.

I'm riddled with curiosity as to what all these people think will actually help reduce gun violence in our major cities.
I think it's safe to assume they'll assume that reducing the abilities of law abiding citizens will help lower the violent actions of the criminals that we are simply attempting to protect ourselves from.

personally, I have thoughts of what would help reduce gun violence, but I'm sure plenty of people would strongly disagree with my ideas. and my ideas have nothing to do with our laws in regards to pistol permits