• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

local reason to carry

hermannr

Since it looks like she recently filed for divorce(10-17) and child support....I am guessing they have a list of suspects.

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.namesearch&terms=accept&flashform=0

p.s. looks as she has been divorced at least twice before

Some women have trouble choosing a compatible mate. And then make the same mistake again...I know one that married 3 losers in a row before she finally went away from the "flash" and married one that was a true steady Eddie.

Funny part is, this particular gal worked for me, and I told her I did not think she would listen to me any more than my own daughters, but I had to warn her..this guy (her #2) is no good for you...yes, he worked for me too. As a worker he was OK, but he was a playboy, and a week after they got married he was chasing another skirt...in the same office no less...had to fire him.

Oh, one other thing..speculation now...I wonder if the reason that the local police knew this woman wasn't because of Domestic Violence?

Last edited:

Difdi

Some women have trouble choosing a compatible mate.

It's not just women. My Uncle broke off an engagement to a woman once after an argument got so heated she beat the crap out of him. Very nice woman normally, but with a heck of a temper and a black belt in tae kwon do.

amlevin

When I first started traveling to Anchorage I was told that shootings like this were called "Spenard (Anchorage suburb) Divorces".

As for a "reason to carry", rarely will someone go to the door with a firearm in their hand ready to shoot the person on the other side. In this case it's highly possible that the shooter was ready and when the door opened,"Bang".

Best advice is to NOT open the door until you've identified the person there and whether you want them in your house at all. Probably not a good idea to stand behind the door while doing so either.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
When I first started traveling to Anchorage I was told that shootings like this were called "Spenard (Anchorage suburb) Divorces".

As for a "reason to carry", rarely will someone go to the door with a firearm in their hand ready to shoot the person on the other side. In this case it's highly possible that the shooter was ready and when the door opened,"Bang".

Best advice is to NOT open the door until you've identified the person there and whether you want them in your house at all. Probably not a good idea to stand behind the door while doing so either.

This is why I have several cameras pointing outside, I literally can see who is in my drive way, front door, yard, long before they ever knock on my door.

Freedom1Man

By getting rid of child support and alimony , I am sure that cases like that would not be as common.

Child support = financial incentive for women to get pregnant.
Hookers you pay up front and they leave. A wife you have to making payments on even after she leaves.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
By getting rid of child support and alimony , I am sure that cases like that would not be as common.

Hookers you pay up front and they leave. A wife you have to making payments on even after she leaves.

Really? Is this what you think the OC movement is about, advocating for things like this?

Trigger Dr

I think we need a separate sub forum for the agitators. They can share their vitrolic logic with each other. You want to know who they are? They will post here with a pointed response.
To the MODS, go ahead aand delete if you think I am wrong.

Alpine

When I used to live for a few years up in Fairbanks, Alaska, we had a lot of home invasion issues in the early 2000s. For those familiar with Fairbanks, out on Farmers Loop Rd. there's a flat swampy area near ski boot hill called Constitution Drive. There was a particularly bad invasion where masked men busted into a home at gunpoint after knocking on the door. They tied the family up and duct-taped their mouths. After robbing the place they took off and only days later was the family found, luckily alive. The ironic thing? Apparently there was a broken-off relationship and a son took that as an excuse to rob the boyfriend who had "wronged" his mother.

A couple weeks later another group of masked robbers (including above-said angry "son") tried to pull the same trick on a noted carry-rights activist and 2 of them were killed, another wounded and one barely escaped to be picked up later.

I know a lot of people in rural WA areas who think their communities are safe because they don't live in the "city." Often times those rural areas can be even more dangerous due to seclusion.

Always answer the door armed.

Last edited:

compmanio365

I always come to the door if not gun in hand, than hand on the gun in holster ready to draw. Look out the window or peephole before opening the door. You just don't know these days what is on the other side waiting for you. Sad, but true. No guarantee that even that is going to save you, but it's better than being in condition white.

EMNofSeattle

:uhoh:

last i checked the right to create kids and not support them is not enshrined in the constitution. it takes two people to make a child. don't want to pay for a kid, do not have sexual intercourse with a female of the human race and that won't be an issue.... 100% effective technique of not paying child support....

And being ordered to pay child support is in no way a justification to harm anyone, PERIOD

Freedom1Man

:uhoh:

last i checked the right to create kids and not support them is not enshrined in the constitution. it takes two people to make a child. don't want to pay for a kid, do not have sexual intercourse with a female of the human race and that won't be an issue.... 100% effective technique of not paying child support....

And being ordered to pay child support is in no way a justification to harm anyone, PERIOD

You have proven to know nothing about how the system 'works.' You and Gogo have.

California is an extreme example do I will start with there.
I will use a case that was told to me years ago.
Let's say that you're a successful well paid man. You have a family, you're making your mortgage payments, plus you have a wife, and children.
Some woman in your office, who does not make nearly as much, get's pregnant by some other guy. She kinda knows how much you make and what your name is. She files a claim in the state of California saying that you're the father of her child and she wants child support from you. Now she put your name, the place you work, etc on the paper work the only thing that she puts on that is incorrect is your address. The state (or she) mails you notice of this action and you have something like 60days to respond. You never get the package and so can't respond. She wins your paycheck in "court." Now you have to pay for her child period.

Washington, wife cheats on you. Has a child and tells you it's yours. Things happen and you get a divorce. You learn that she had been cheating on you and the child is not yours. You still pay child support.

Being enslaved by the state, on her behalf, would seem like a justification that he might have used. In Washington it's worse because you might never get a day before a jury. The state claims that child support is a civil case and it can only be heard administratively. Plus the other party never has to appear at any "hearing."

I am not claiming that murder is correct but, it's something to think about as a cause for those killings.

Flopsweat

I think we need a separate sub forum for the agitators. They can share their vitrolic logic with each other. You want to know who they are? They will post here with a pointed response.
To the MODS, go ahead aand delete if you think I am wrong.

Some sites have that, but the "agitators" or whatever do not stay in their pen.

amlevin

You have proven to know nothing about how the system 'works.' You and Gogo have.

California is an extreme example do I will start with there.
I will use a case that was told to me years ago.
Let's say that you're a successful well paid man. You have a family, you're making your mortgage payments, plus you have a wife, and children.
Some woman in your office, who does not make nearly as much, get's pregnant by some other guy. She kinda knows how much you make and what your name is. She files a claim in the state of California saying that you're the father of her child and she wants child support from you. Now she put your name, the place you work, etc on the paper work the only thing that she puts on that is incorrect is your address. The state (or she) mails you notice of this action and you have something like 60days to respond. You never get the package and so can't respond. She wins your paycheck in "court." Now you have to pay for her child period.

Washington, wife cheats on you. Has a child and tells you it's yours. Things happen and you get a divorce. You learn that she had been cheating on you and the child is not yours. You still pay child support.

Being enslaved by the state, on her behalf, would seem like a justification that he might have used. In Washington it's worse because you might never get a day before a jury. The state claims that child support is a civil case and it can only be heard administratively. Plus the other party never has to appear at any "hearing."

I am not claiming that murder is correct but, it's something to think about as a cause for those killings.

Your opening statement was directed to the wrong people. Try looking in the mirror. All your "examples" make for nice stories but you overlooked a couple of key points. Due Process and DNA. If proven that the claims were fraudulently made the "defendant" can also get his Legal Costs assessed against the "Plaintiff".

As for your California Case, even you admit it was hearsay.

Freedom1Man

Your opening statement was directed to the wrong people. Try looking in the mirror. All your "examples" make for nice stories but you overlooked a couple of key points. Due Process and DNA. If proven that the claims were fraudulently made the "defendant" can also get his Legal Costs assessed against the "Plaintiff".

As for your California Case, even you admit it was hearsay.

Sorry, the Washington case that I know, there was no due process and no chance for DNA without having to hire a bunch of lawyers and getting at least 2 court orders.

Edit:
http://www.fathermag.com/news/2764-child-support.shtml

Last edited:

compmanio365

This is going WAY off topic but even when DNA evidence is proven that it isn't the man's kid, there are many cases where the guy still has to pay child support. They say it's so the kid doesn't suffer, but it's because child support is a big revenue generator. The state makes lots of $$$$ off of child support. It's the only place in America where we still have debtors prison. I can see, although not condone, why a man would lose his mind over a bad divorce and unfair child support payments, etc. The state doesn't make it easy to get past a bad divorce and move on, even without kids. With them, it's damn near impossible to put it behind you.