Thread: Springfield XD holster

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Springfield XD holster

Does anyone know where I can find a level III Serpa for a Springfield XD? I've seen them in demo videos, but have been unable to locate them for sale anywhere. Did they maybe discontinue them due to lack of popularity? Thanks for taking the time to help me out if you can.
    Last edited by Springfield Smitty; 11-27-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Smitty View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a level III Serpa for a Springfield XD? I've seen them in demo videos, but have been unable to locate them for sale anywhere. Did they maybe discontinue them due to lack of popularity? Thanks for taking the time to help me out if you can.

Check out www.cheaperthandirt.com or www.midwayusa.com or www.bravoconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Smitty View Post
    You can by one from the blackhawk website. When I ordered mine tho I had to call it in as the 2012 models are the first for springfield XD/XDm. They run I believe it was 109 before shipping. I loved it but sold it recently as I am unemployed and at the time did not need it. Anyhow was a great holster

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post

I was also gonna suggest www.cheaperthandirt.com I have a Ruger P95 and Serpa Blackhawks are not easy to find for that gun either, I got mine for around $48.00 on their website.

Dustin

Your probably looking in the civilian market. Threat Level IIIs while are the ONLY option in my opinion they tend to be unfavored by the general public. They require refinement and lots of practice to assure in high stress you are able to efficiently draw your weapon. If you get one make sure to just practice (Unloaded of course) until you feel comfortable. Once your comfortable you will never worry about your firearm again.

I have bent holsters where I have had fights with people and more and more people are grabbing for duty weapons it seems then ever before. (Of course all my instances were on duty) And I am now convinced if I open carry its a minimum of threat level III

http://www.chiefsupply.com/3241-BLAC...y-Holster.aspx

Thanks for all of your responses. I saw the demo video for them a while back and was unable to find one specifically for my sidearm for the longest time, so I just have up. I haven't looked recently either; so thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

XD Holster

Fort sill PX has a few for them I just bought a SERPA last month from them

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Riser1981 View Post
    Fort sill PX has a few for them I just bought a SERPA last month from them
    Do they have level III's?
    Last edited by Springfield Smitty; 12-10-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

Holster

They will order level iii but have level ii in stock it takes them about one week to get in i bought the last level three
    Or just go here
    http://www.emergencyresponderproduct...sele3duho.html
    I like safety when it comes to carry but the level three is overkill and i honestly went back to my level ii
    Last edited by SSG Riser1981; 12-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.

I currently have a level II. I am looking for the level III primarily for demonstration purposes during the classes I teach. Thanks again to everyone for your tips.

ETA: I also like the hood covering the rear sights.
    Last edited by Springfield Smitty; 12-10-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    -Co-founder of OKOCA