• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

permit approval sitting at the new britain pd chief desk

Afragu

You could reapply and disclose the information.

Were the arrests convictions? Is the protective order still in effect?

my arrest were related to the same case and the PO was not. i was never been convicted of any felony's or have any charges brought up against me that would violate my right to carry.not that i didn't want to disclose my arrest on the app i just wasn't aware that an arrest from 7 years ago would be the reason for my denial besides when i got arrested i was on my way to turn myself in for a fta,unlucky me that a cop stopped me on my way to turn myself in and made the arrest.oh,and the PO is not valid anymore and i didnt know anything about that either.

Rich B

my arrest were related to the same case and the PO was not. i was never been convicted of any felony's or have any charges brought up against me that would violate my right to carry.not that i didn't want to disclose my arrest on the app i just wasn't aware that an arrest from 7 years ago would be the reason for my denial besides when i got arrested i was on my way to turn myself in for a fta,unlucky me that a cop stopped me on my way to turn myself in and made the arrest.oh,and the PO is not valid anymore and i didnt know anything about that either.

You aren't really answering the questions I asked.

I didn't ask if they were felonies; if they were, you are all done anyway without a pardon. But I did ask what the disposition of those arrests were. 'Arrest' means nothing. If it is dismissed, acquitted or nolled, it might/should/probably is erased. That yields a different path and set of answers for you. If they were convictions, that yields a different set entirely and then I need to know the statutes you were convicted of (not arrested for). Again, 'arrest' means very little. It has little to do even with what you will be charged with and even less for what you might be tried or convicted of.

I do understand if you don't want to post this info here (I wouldn't), but I will need the details in order to assist you.

If you would like to do it in private, by all means feel free to handle this via email: rich [at] ctcarry.com

Afragu

You aren't really answering the questions I asked.

I didn't ask if they were felonies; if they were, you are all done anyway without a pardon. But I did ask what the disposition of those arrests were. 'Arrest' means nothing. If it is dismissed, acquitted or nolled, it might/should/probably is erased. That yields a different path and set of answers for you. If they were convictions, that yields a different set entirely and then I need to know the statutes you were convicted of (not arrested for). Again, 'arrest' means very little. It has little to do even with what you will be charged with and even less for what you might be tried or convicted of.

I do understand if you don't want to post this info here (I wouldn't), but I will need the details in order to assist you.

If you would like to do it in private, by all means feel free to handle this via email: rich [at] ctcarry.com

it was a mv case,I pleaded guilty to a failure to appear and i was asked to pay a fine,that was it.

Rich B

it was a mv case,I pleaded guilty to a failure to appear and i was asked to pay a fine,that was it.

Then you need to disclose it. It will likely always show up on your record.

You can research your record if you want to make sure nothing else is likely to show up: http://ctcarry.com/ConvictionHistory/StateSearch

Your best bet is to reapply while disclosing the correct information. If they deny you again, you will need to file an appeal.
I don't think they will deny you again, but it is possible. I am pretty confident the BFPE will overturn a denial though.

davidmcbeth

Banned

OK, well, I don't believe that you were on your way to a court house & got nabbed en route. So if you tell that in a board hearing you'll be determined to be dishonest.

And it seems as if you were aware of the arrest and did not object to the query nor list it then you agreed that this is grounds for not getting a permit; how legal this is is arguable but its not an argument I would wish to make before a judicial hearing.

I suggest you go and look at Section H of the dps form ....

Nor did you answer Rich's question as to the subject matter of the arrest ... seems as if you cannot be completely forthright in any venue ... I have to assume it was a domestic type of case that does make you ineligible under the disqualifies section. You are welcome to argue that the disqualifier listed is either a) not mandatory or b) unconstitutional ; for that you would need to file an appeal with the board as your first (of many I imagine) steps --- you may eventually be successful.

Last edited:

motoxmann

Then you need to disclose it. It will likely always show up on your record.

Your best bet is to reapply while disclosing the correct information. If they deny you again, you will need to file an appeal.
I don't think they will deny you again, but it is possible. I am pretty confident the BFPE will overturn a denial though.

your situation is EXACTLY what I went through my first time too. I suggest you do what Rich said, it is also exactly what I did, I re-applied and disclosed the information properly once I knew what the correct information was, and they issued my permit no problem (8 weeks and 3 days after re-applying, there was a delay due to some irrelevant stuff)