• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Broken Arrow Area

Gary S

Since reading thru the last days of posts im seeing a lot more members of this forum are broken arrow residents. My son and i are planning to do some shooting this weekend, just our 22 and my carry pistol 9. My son seems to really want to go which im excited about, I've been waiting for him to start taking an interest in shooting. Now he is diagnosed with asbergers, a form of autisim, the reason i bring that up is because when its just grown ups his attention span is slim to none.
I was wondering if any other members here has any kids and would be going shooting this weekend, i plan on going to 2a shooting range. Im just thinking that if he sees other kids about his age, 11, it may help keep his attention a little more then normal.
I also think maybe i could use some advice to help keep him into it. I do not have any set day or time yet and would be very flexible if someone wanted to go and has a schedule they need to stick to. Also it does not have to be the range i mentioned above, i just chose it for the fact that it is not expensive and it is indoors. Please let me know and we can make the time and day more concrete. But i do have to bring him this weekend because i already promised him. If no one can make it this weekend im open to doing it another weekend as well.
Thank you in advance.

heavyweight_4u

One of my son has assburgers, but he is only 7. The wife isnt a big fan of guns but she doesnt have much of a choice since she married me with them they arent going anywhere. I have started my sons out with there BB guns which santa will deliver in a few weeks. I felt it was the perfect start to educate them about gun saftey and proper handling techniques in our back yard. Along with his assburgers he also has pretty severe ADHD and is implusive and can get out of control when not medicated.. Small steps is how we progress. Congrats on bringing another young person into the world of firearms, im excited when i finally get to with my kids.
Good Luck

Gary S

One of my son has assburgers, but he is only 7. The wife isnt a big fan of guns but she doesnt have much of a choice since she married me with them they arent going anywhere. I have started my sons out with there BB guns which santa will deliver in a few weeks. I felt it was the perfect start to educate them about gun saftey and proper handling techniques in our back yard. Along with his assburgers he also has pretty severe ADHD and is implusive and can get out of control when not medicated.. Small steps is how we progress. Congrats on bringing another young person into the world of firearms, im excited when i finally get to with my kids.
Good Luck

My boy wants an air soft but he does not realize that they are not toys even though i have seen them advertised almost as if they were. He has gone with me a few times up north to a friends house to shoot and can handle a 9mm pretty well, although he says its almost to loud for him. He's ok when we use ear plugs and ear muffs.
Have you brought your son to a range yet? How does he handle the noise?

heavyweight_4u

My boy wants an air soft but he does not realize that they are not toys even though i have seen them advertised almost as if they were. He has gone with me a few times up north to a friends house to shoot and can handle a 9mm pretty well, although he says its almost to loud for him. He's ok when we use ear plugs and ear muffs.
Have you brought your son to a range yet? How does he handle the noise?

He has not been to the range with me. He has seen the airsoft guns also, but he knows there is no such thing as a "TOY" gun. Thats how i was brought up and i continue it with my 4 kids also, figure its better to teach them all guns are treated the same way. Im not sure how he will handle the noise, we have gotten his medicaion stabilized and he seems to be allot more tollerant now. But i guess we shall see. Good luck.