• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St, Louis City Council to vote on Ordinance to restrict our rights to self

mechanicworkman

Does anyone know how this turned out? I know there are a few members on here from inside St. Louis County, Missouri.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 214

OC for ME

A better question, one that i can not answer, is how does this comport with state statute?

From Bill No. 279
(11) discharge or shoot a firearm or threaten to discharge or shoot a firearm into or inside of any building, railroad, train, boat, aircraft or motor vehicle; or
(12) discharge a firearm within one hundred yards of any
church, synagogue or other building, structure or place used for religious worship or other religious purpose or within one hundred yards of any school, education facility, community center, hospital or medical clinic owned or operated by a religious or sectarian group; or
(13) carry a firearm or other weapon of lethal use into any church, synagogue or other building, structure or place used for religious worship or other religious purpose or within one hundred yards of any school, education facility, community center, hospital or medical clinic owned or operated by a religious or sectarian group; or
(14) brandish a firearm or other weapon in a threatening manner; or
Does not seem to be different, from a legal/law standpoint other than the bolded above. Though, a CCW exemption is not included.

From RSMo 571.030
(3) Discharges or shoots a firearm into a dwelling house, a railroad train, boat, aircraft, or motor vehicle as defined in section 302.010, or any building or structure used for the assembling of people; or
(4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or
(6) Discharges a firearm within one hundred yards of any occupied schoolhouse, courthouse, or church building; or
(8) Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into any building owned or occupied by any agency of the federal government, state government, or political subdivision thereof; or

NG19

I don't see anything that restricts our right to open carry in the county of St Louis. Is that what you were receding to? I only see updates on discrimination terminology. Being sexual orientation, ect.

Last edited:

WCEarp

Section 11-14 that are at issue have to relate to Bill 279's prohibition of hate crimes. It is merely adding sexual orientation and gender identification to the list of protected classes. The ordinance already existed, but without those two classes added.

If you shoot someone in your home and it is found that you shoot the person only because they were an old heterosexual cross dressing Weccan Asian female missing a leg then you would be charged with a hate crime.

At least that is how I read the bill.

stled

Council voting records

I don't really see much that changes anything for us firearm related.

Any way of seeing how council-members voted on this and other issues? I'd be interested in seeing how my brother voted on this and some others.

Complete council meeting minutes are online if you pull up the pdf file you will the coments made by the various members regarding there vote. The comments are below the quoted text

From page 35 of the records pdf at this URL

http://www.stlouisco.com//DesktopMo...&uarn=Administrators&cd=false&tmid=5607&ift=1

BILL NO. 279, 2012, INTRODUCED BY COUNCIL MEMBERS DOLAN AND BURKETT, ENTITLED:
AN ORDINANCE
AMENDING SLCRO 1974 AS AMENDED BY REPEALING AND RE-ENACTING SECTIONS 107.146, 202.270, 717.010, 717.020, 717.030, 717.040, 717.050, 717.056, 718.020, 722.040 AND 722.050 PERTAINING TO DISCRIMINATION BY COUNTY CONTRACTORS OR IN CONNECTION WITH HOUSING OR PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS OR COUNTY EMPLOYMENT OR HATE CRIMES.
MOVED BY COUNCILMAN DOLAN, SECONDED BY COUNCILMAN BURKETT, FOR FINAL PASSAGE OF BILL NO. 279, 2012. UPON ROLL CALL, THE VOTE WAS AS FOLLOWS:
YEAS: BURKETT, O‟MARA, DOLAN, STENGER
NAYS: ERBY, WASINGER, QUINN
ABSENT: NONE
CHAIR O'MARA DECLARED BILL NO. 279, 2012, FINALLY PASSED

Ed

Here is the URL for this years meeting minutes.

http://www.stlouisco.com/YourGovernment/CountyCouncil/CurrentCouncilJournal

Last edited: