Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: 6200% more likely to die by this than a gun.

  1. #1
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576

    6200% more likely to die by this than a gun.

    I find this amusing. It is an older article (Aug 2012) that I came across, but is an interesting read.

    6200% more likely to die at the hands of a Medical Professional than by a Gun.

    These data show that FDA-approved prescription drugs kill 290 Americans every single day, meaning that for mass shootings to approach that number, you'd have to see a Colorado Batman movie massacre take place EVERY HOUR of every day, 365 days a year.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/036679_do...atalities.html
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    How about a medical professional with a gun? Surprised anyone is still alive....

  3. #3
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576
    LOL yall just twisted..
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    So, if marijuana is made legal by prescription, will someone finally die from using it?
    Good freaking question....The answer is yes because I'm sure someone somewhere will twist the stats to reflect such an argument.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    So, if marijuana is made legal by prescription, will someone finally die from using it?
    No, somebody will be killed during a predawn paramilitary SWAT raid on a wrong address while big pharma protects its latest drug--cannibis. Oh, wait...
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-01-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No, somebody will be killed during a predawn paramilitary SWAT raid on a wrong address while big pharma protects its latest drug--cannibis. Oh, wait...
    Not a little girl !

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I did the research on CDC one time and concluded children are over 900% more likely to die by the hands of their parents than by guns.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I did the research on CDC one time and concluded children are over 900% more likely to die by the hands of their parents than by guns.
    Whew! I was worried ...

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I did the research on CDC one time and concluded children are over 900% more likely to die by the hands of their parents than by guns.
    Ban parents!!




    (chuckle) A fella put together a national register of people exonerated after conviction. He's logged about 1000 nationwide. Since 100% of false convictions are caused by government, we should ban government.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Ban parents!!




    (chuckle) A fella put together a national register of people exonerated after conviction. He's logged about 1000 nationwide. Since 100% of false convictions are caused by government, we should ban government.
    LOL...Forget Gun Control We need Parent Control.....was the title of the essay I wrote.....with that data.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LOL...Forget Gun Control We need Parent Control.....was the title of the essay I wrote.....with that data.
    LOL SVG.. better be quiet or those in our Government might figure a way to tax.. er assign a Fee to license engaging in the activity that will lead to bearing children as a way to make money on those who want to be Parents..

    I can see it now, People who are found fornicating without a license will be sent to jail where they can get all the sex they don'e want free of licensing.. LOL
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Ban parents!!




    (chuckle) A fella put together a national register of people exonerated after conviction. He's logged about 1000 nationwide. Since 100% of false convictions are caused by government, we should ban government.
    Many species eat their young ... population control (that the government fully supports!)

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    LOL SVG.. better be quiet or those in our Government might figure a way to tax.. er assign a Fee to license engaging in the activity that will lead to bearing children as a way to make money on those who want to be Parents..

    I can see it now, People who are found fornicating without a license will be sent to jail where they can get all the sex they don'e want free of licensing.. LOL
    It was meant show the ridiculousness of any control, but .....the way things are going....yea....we might see that coming soon.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    She sounds like any other anti-rights libtard.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  15. #15
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013
    Something I've known for a long time. But unfortunately these incompetent people have the monopoly on prescribed medicine so you must go see them, where they often attempt to give you medicine you don't need in order to get their nice little bonus from the drug companies. The drug industry in this nation is out of control, and doctors basically don't care. Oh, there are still many that are good and want to help people, but you won't find them in major health systems because they don't bring in enough money. The smallest mom & pop clinics may have some of the best doctors. And bottom line is, don't believe everything the doctor tells you. Go with your gut, and trust what your body is telling you. I have quit many a drug a doctor has attempted to put me on simply because I didn't feel it was worth the side effects for the benefit I was getting. And thereafter dropped the doctor prescribing said medication when he/she wanted to argue with me about it. If a doctor isn't willing to listen to what you have to say, get out fast because they are the ones that will kill you.

  16. #16
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It was meant show the ridiculousness of any control, but .....the way things are going....yea....we might see that coming soon.
    LOL SVG You do realize I was not arguing with you or saying you were wrong.

    Just implying that comments like that can come back to bite us all, if the wrong indivdual gets a hold of it.

    Especially in our present Revenue Crazed Governmental Systems.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

  17. #17
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    Something I've known for a long time.
    ~~ snipped ~~ The drug industry in this nation is out of control, and doctors basically don't care. ~~ snipped ~~
    Don't get me started. Of course Doctors care, in most cases the Insurance Companies require that they take certain steps or will not pay them full value.

    I personally will blame our FDA and Governmental regulations for most of the problems with the cost of medications here.

    In countries like Germany, if you go in to the local Apothecary (Drug Store) and tell th Pharmacist what you want, he will ask why.
    As long as you can give a few of the symptoms that the drug you are asking for treats, he will give it to you without a Doctors prescription, and like in Canada, the costs are generally one-third of what we pay here for most drugs.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    LOL SVG You do realize I was not arguing with you or saying you were wrong.

    Just implying that comments like that can come back to bite us all, if the wrong indivdual gets a hold of it.

    Especially in our present Revenue Crazed Governmental Systems.
    Yep just was agreeing and pontificating at the same time.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Where pharmaceutical drugs are concerned the "cure" is more likely worse than the disease.

    DISCLAIMER: The below is not a endorsement for the product cited below. It is provided only as a example as to the validity of the statement provided above.

    What important information should I know about NUVIGIL?

    NUVIGIL may cause serious side effects including a serious rash or a serious allergic reaction that may affect parts of your body such as your liver or blood cells, and may result in hospitalization and be life-threatening. If you develop a skin rash, hives, sores in your mouth, blisters, swelling, peeling, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, trouble swallowing or breathing, dark urine, or fever, stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor right away or get emergency help.

    NUVIGIL is not approved for children for any condition. It is not known if NUVIGIL is safe or if it works in children under the age of 17.

    You should not take NUVIGIL if you have had a rash or allergic reaction to NUVIGIL or PROVIGIL® (modafinil) Tablets [C-IV], or are allergic to any of the following ingredients: modafinil, armodafinil, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, or pregelatinized starch.

    What are possible side effects of NUVIGIL?

    Stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor or get emergency help if you get any of the following serious side effects:

    Mental (psychiatric) symptoms, including: depression, feeling anxious, sensing things that are not really there, extreme increase in activity (mania), thoughts of suicide, aggression, or other mental problems.

    Symptoms of a heart problem, including: chest pain, abnormal heart beat, and trouble breathing.

    Common side effects of NUVIGIL are headache, nausea, dizziness, and trouble sleeping. These are not all the side effects of NUVIGIL. (Trouble sleeping is a side affect of a drug to improve wakefulness????)

    Tell your doctor if you get any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. Talk to your doctor for medical advice about side effects.

    What should I avoid while taking NUVIGIL?

    Do not drive a car or do other dangerous activities until you and your doctor know how NUVIGIL affects you.

    Avoid drinking alcohol.

    http://www.nuvigil.com/default.aspx?...vigil_site#isi
    Underlining, bolding and color text added by OC for ME.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  20. #20
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Where pharmaceutical drugs are concerned the "cure" is more likely worse than the disease.
    Very well said.

    I love the ads for the different drugs.

    May cause death, rashes, upset stomach, etc etc. If you experience death, rashes, or painful swelling, please call your doctor right away.

    I don't trust doctors anymore after I've seen all the drug ads.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I had a friend that used to say "Doctors are only good if they can poison it or cut it out of you".

    Oversimplification, but makes an interesting point.

    Get rid of government intervention into medicine. Including the licensing scam perpetuated by it's own profession.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Don't get me started. Of course Doctors care, in most cases the Insurance Companies require that they take certain steps or will not pay them full value.

    I personally will blame our FDA and Governmental regulations for most of the problems with the cost of medications here.

    In countries like Germany, if you go in to the local Apothecary (Drug Store) and tell th Pharmacist what you want, he will ask why.
    As long as you can give a few of the symptoms that the drug you are asking for treats, he will give it to you without a Doctors prescription, and like in Canada, the costs are generally one-third of what we pay here for most drugs.
    Working in multiple different hospitals over the last few years, I think I know what I am saying when I work with these doctors everyday. As I said, there are many (the young ones usually) that care and try to do right by their patients. But then apathy sets in, the drive for more $$$, a few nice lunches with the drug company representatives, and soon they are just like every other doctor, spending 5 minutes to treat you and sending the patient on their way with 5 prescriptions, 4 of which they don't need because they get a nice little kickback for prescribing those drugs. SSRIs especially are a HUGELY overprescribed medication and bring in a hefty profit margin for drug companies. The bottom line is, you have to think for yourself. Don't trust your doctor to be acting in your best interest, and if something seems fishy, it probably is. Don't blindly believe what your doctor says and don't be afraid to walk out of the doctor's office if you don't feel you aren't getting the care you deserve. Done it myself more than once.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Many species eat their young ... population control (that the government fully supports!)
    Yes, but only one species is dumb enough to set up government and then use it to prey on one another.
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Actually it's worse....100% of people will die from deathly strikes.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  25. #25
    Regular Member LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dolan Springs, AZ
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    Working in multiple different hospitals over the last few years, I think I know what I am saying when I work with these doctors everyday. As I said, there are many (the young ones usually) that care and try to do right by their patients. But then apathy sets in, the drive for more $$$, a few nice lunches with the drug company representatives, and soon they are just like every other doctor, spending 5 minutes to treat you and sending the patient on their way with 5 prescriptions, 4 of which they don't need because they get a nice little kickback for prescribing those drugs. SSRIs especially are a HUGELY overprescribed medication and bring in a hefty profit margin for drug companies. The bottom line is, you have to think for yourself. Don't trust your doctor to be acting in your best interest, and if something seems fishy, it probably is. Don't blindly believe what your doctor says and don't be afraid to walk out of the doctor's office if you don't feel you aren't getting the care you deserve. Done it myself more than once.
    Maybe I have been fortunate enough to have found many Doctors (young and old) that cared for my welfare more than what they could get from a Drug Company since my leaving the Military. Before my leaving, most any Doctor I was allowed to see was generally someone who had yet to complete their Medical Schooling. Most anyone within a few Miles of Fort Lewis Washington, probably already understands that Madigan Army Medical Center is a Medical School, and rarely get a chance to see someone who could actually establish a private practice on the outside.

    I will say, that I know what you are saying as far as there being some Doctors out there who are only in it for the $$$ that rely on the kick-backs from the Drug Companies to make more $$$ so fully agree with your statement that I changed to bold.

    I however, will ask that you post links to some credible source material that supports your contention that Most Doctors are that way.
    Last edited by LkWd_Don; 12-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •