• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justice Dept. to Investigate the Police in Albuquerque

OC for ME

Mr. Perez emphasized that the inquiry was civil, not criminal, and it was unclear if any charges would arise from the investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/u...ice-in-albuquerque.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065
Code for: "We gotta do something cuz the local fuzz is getting some bad press."

“Our officers are of the highest quality and receive excellent training,” he said. “However, we know that we are not always perfect, and we know that there is always room for improvement.”
I certainly hope so, especially where the "improvement" directly impactsthe number of citizens that are being shot by cops.

Room for improvement my rear end.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Mr. Perez emphasized that the inquiry was civil, not criminal, and it was unclear if any charges would arise from the investigation.

Unlike the 50's - 70's Civil Rights Era DoJ that brought criminal charges of violation of civil rights when the state systems would not bring charges or could not secure criminal convictions.

I really do not think every cop that shoots someone has committed a crime or violated someone's civil rights, but if you are going to bring the Feds in to investigate possible wrongdoing you ought to say up front that if criminal violations are found you do intend to prosecute. Otherwise, all you are doing is spinning tires to make the folks in the bleachers think something happened.

stay safe.