Thread: No Person Got Shot, Stabbed, Slashed, or Murdered in NYC Monday

No Person Got Shot, Stabbed, Slashed, or Murdered in NYC Monday

http://news.yahoo.com/no-person-got-...153318577.html

Such great news that NYC celebrates this!... /sarcasm

How about having less than 100 murders in a year? Or even having less than 1 murder a year?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/no-person-got-...153318577.html

Such great news that NYC celebrates this!... /sarcasm

How about having less than 100 murders in a year? Or even having less than 1 murder a year?
    You mean that they know of .... they'll find bodies today ... what?? Oh, yeah ... I don't care about NYC or its inhabitants.

They must be celebrating because it's the first time since the imposition of the Sullivan Act/Law - 101 years ago - that there hasn't been a "person Shot, Stabbed, Slashed, or Murdered" in NYC. NYC is the home of the oldest, strictest gun control law in the nation, yet they are in the top 5 for homicides. As of July 2, 2012:
    As the sun rose Sunday, New York City hit a remarkable milestone, recording just 193 murders in the first six months of the year.
    That still averages out to slightly over one homicide reported per day. In the same time span Chicago, another city that's a friend to the criminal, had over 250 reported homicides. I think that the word "reported" is the key here. It seems that, around the country, there are bodies found daily that hadn't been "reported" as homicides or, in some cases, not even reported as "missing persons". Just because there is no report, doesn't mean there aren't some fresh bodies lying around in NYC... or maybe they moved them to a Jersey swamp. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Founder's Club Member
    Its just coincidence that police did not miss their target and hit innocent people on this day.

Too bad they didn't count the number of people detained "just because" or otherwise threatened or assaulted by the criminals in city hall or their enforcer minions.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare