• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hollydazzle in Newport News

AFCop

Any experience OCing here? My first time and want to take the family... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
City Center at Oyster Point appears to be a public park. Is that correct?

It appears to be an activity of the city Parks & Recs depertment.

And it's spelled with two "l"s, ot one.:p

State preemption should be your friend. Quite frankly, with the size crowd they are expecting I doubt anybody will be looking at your hip.

Enjoy the show.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Sorry if that was directed to me..just meant i haven't personally carried there. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No, wasn't directed at you.

When I first saw the thread, the title was "Holydazzle"-- one "l" in holy.

So, when I opened the thread and saw hollydazzle I realized it was about something Chistmas-y or something. I posted that the only thing I could think of prior to opening the thread was an evangelical laser-light show.

Later, I noticed the thread title spelling was changed. Which helps readers of the thread listings. But, it left my post hanging.

So, I deleted the post.

Last edited:

AFCop

my bad, fixed it tho

Lol, I saw my mistake after I posted, fixed it as quick as I could but apparently edits to titles aren't instantaneous...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I see the buzzards will be out.

Daily Press: Police will have a helpful eye in the sky near City Center for Friday's Hollydazzle festivities. Anyone looking up in the area will be able to see a 15-foot-wide helium balloon about 400 feet high. They may not be able to see that it carries a camera capable of recording with a 360-degree view for a three-mile radius.

Your tax dollars at work!

Last edited:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Hey Peter you'll like this, it's called skynet as in the Terminator movies. And no I'm not kidding . Read about it in the paper today.
I just told my 9-yr-old son about the system, and that it is called "SkyNet."

He said, "SkyNet?!? That's not good! Are they trying to destroy the whole world?!?"

I was home last night, but certainly heard the HollyDazzle fireworks!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hate buzzards. That is what my Stoegger is for.

The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that:lol:

[video]http://now.msn.com/showing-animals-respect-and-kindness-says-hunters-shot-down-its-remote-camera[/video]