Thread: weapons retention training & retention holsters

weapons retention training & retention holsters

hello, I have been cc for about 4 yrs and just started oc'ing, and while i was aware of people and things happening around me while cc'ing, its even more esential to be alert and prepared while oc'ing. i carry a taurus pt 24/7 pro in a blackhawk belt holster, i am looking or a good retention holster and a place that offers weapons retention training that wont break the bank (previouse estimates were around $100 and hour) in the muskogee area. any info/advice is greatly apreciated.

Check out Alpha in pryor

Let me know what you find been looking at such training for myself but I am around okc more.

Don, ask H&H they should know somebody.

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)
    Don, I am in the OKC area and I have extensive experience in weapon retention training / instruction in law enforcement, military, and civilian sectors. I have not conducted any such training since I have been in OK because I have been too busy with the job I moved down here for (EMSA). I have since suffered a career-ending injury and am now permanently disabled. I will soon be moving back to MI where I will resume my instruction in such disciplines as my full-time career. I tell you all this because I would be willing to conduct such training if you have a suitable environment in which to do so. I have another gentleman from the Norman area who I am currently trying to coordinate some basic pistol training for. If you happen to have access to a suitable location and you would be willing to participate in a class with another individual, please let me know in a private message and we can work something out. If you would prefer one-on-one training, then feel free to message me regarding that as well. When you message me, please let me know the extent of your current experience with firearms as well as the level of retention training you are seeking. Hopefully we can work something out within the next couple of months so that you don't have to spend a fortune to accomplish what you are trying to do.

ETA: See signature line for credentials. Any other questions or concerns, just ask.
    Last edited by Springfield Smitty; 11-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

I have asked H&H if I could use their classroom and they will not allow non-employees to do so for insurance purpose. They will allow me to use their range for instruction though....weird.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

don its a bit of a drive but SBR Defensive training in muskogee is putting together a 4hr weapons retention class sometime in dec, you can get further info by checking out there facebook page just search 'SBR Defensive training' sounds like they have a lot to offer

Guys, I'm interested in a retention class and I'm a member of AAT in Norman and if there classroom is not in use I can use it.

Retention training was some cool stuff to learn. Though it was only a few days worth I think I learned alot from it! (Like the sore ribs and things that came along with the D.T. Training) Id be in for some refreshing as its been 11 years.

Gomez, please send me a private message if you are willing to help me set something up there at AAT.
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

What is AAT?

AAT is a indoor gun range in Norman.