• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

weapons retention training & retention holsters

metz

hello, I have been cc for about 4 yrs and just started oc'ing, and while i was aware of people and things happening around me while cc'ing, its even more esential to be alert and prepared while oc'ing. i carry a taurus pt 24/7 pro in a blackhawk belt holster, i am looking or a good retention holster and a place that offers weapons retention training that wont break the bank (previouse estimates were around $100 and hour) in the muskogee area. any info/advice is greatly apreciated.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
Don, I am in the OKC area and I have extensive experience in weapon retention training / instruction in law enforcement, military, and civilian sectors. I have not conducted any such training since I have been in OK because I have been too busy with the job I moved down here for (EMSA). I have since suffered a career-ending injury and am now permanently disabled. I will soon be moving back to MI where I will resume my instruction in such disciplines as my full-time career. I tell you all this because I would be willing to conduct such training if you have a suitable environment in which to do so. I have another gentleman from the Norman area who I am currently trying to coordinate some basic pistol training for. If you happen to have access to a suitable location and you would be willing to participate in a class with another individual, please let me know in a private message and we can work something out. If you would prefer one-on-one training, then feel free to message me regarding that as well. When you message me, please let me know the extent of your current experience with firearms as well as the level of retention training you are seeking. Hopefully we can work something out within the next couple of months so that you don't have to spend a fortune to accomplish what you are trying to do.

ETA: See signature line for credentials. Any other questions or concerns, just ask.

Last edited:

metz

don its a bit of a drive but SBR Defensive training in muskogee is putting together a 4hr weapons retention class sometime in dec, you can get further info by checking out there facebook page just search 'SBR Defensive training' sounds like they have a lot to offer

thegomezclan

Guys, I'm interested in a retention class and I'm a member of AAT in Norman and if there classroom is not in use I can use it.

Glock 1st fan

Retention training was some cool stuff to learn. Though it was only a few days worth I think I learned alot from it! (Like the sore ribs and things that came along with the D.T. Training) Id be in for some refreshing as its been 11 years.