• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Renewal Season is HERE!

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
The hard copy membership renewals are in the mail! And don't forget to include donations to the VCDL and the PAC as well. -- Thank you for your support!

(Spread the word)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You don't need no steenkin membership cards!

Oh, yes we do! How else can we get that master solicitor and tireless promoter, Pourshot, to understand that one has already donated. :D

You can't escape him. I've tried wearing earplugs to VCDL meetings--it don't work.

I've tried leaving early--he just starts promoting earlier.

Next, I'm gonna try bringing my own potted fern to hide behind while wearing earplugs, and then leave right before the meeting starts. I know he'll still find me, I just know it.

:D

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Oh, yes we do! How else can we get that master solicitor and tireless promoter, Pourshot, to understand that one has already donated. :D

You must have misread what I didn't post
Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

scouser

When can we expect the 2012 membership cards to arrive? I'm still waiting on mine. :)

I believe yours is waiting for you behind the counter at Buzz & Neds, all you have to do to collect it is eat a pulled pork sandwich ........

[puts fingers in ears to avoid hearing the abuse] :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I believe yours is waiting for you behind the counter at Buzz & Neds, all you have to do to collect it is eat a pulled pork sandwich ........

Dammit. Now, I'm all hungry for a tender, smoked-on-site, pulled pork sandwich. :)

Home-made slaw and apple cobbler wouldn't hurt, neither.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

If memory serves me...we were asked to leave Buzz & Neds a year or so ago.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If memory serves me...we were asked to leave Buzz & Neds a year or so ago.

I've never had a problem OCing there.

Don't favor their new establishment on Broad near Parham though - lost it's "charm" and it's exceptionally noisy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
They're just pulling your leg Proshooter. You don't have to get your card at a BBQ place. They will mail them within 45 days.:lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
They're just pulling your leg Proshooter. You don't have to get your card at a BBQ place. They will mail them within 45 days.:lol:

Only if he carried the renewal form and fees to the police station himself.:D

And I wish you would stop trying to get him to eat BBQ. Let him have the crab raccoon - it leaves more BBQ for us.

stay safe.

jsfrederick

Ohhh, does that look goooooood! I know where I'm stopping for lunch next time I'm in Gainesville. Thanks!

Lemme know when you are up here, I'll join you! Always nice to meet one of the more "seasoned" members.....

Oh, yeah, they won the "Best BBQ in NoVA" from Northern VA magazine over the summer. (NOT that I had ANYTHING to do with it...)

Last edited: