• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCRKBA joins with King Co. prosecutor v. armed teen thugs

Dave Workman

CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb: “His proposed changes in the law will have no bearing on the rights of legally-armed adults including more than 384,000 citizens who are now licensed to carry concealed in Washington, or the growing number of citizens who openly carry.” (emphasis added)

That's in his press release, and it was handed out at the Wednesday press conference.

CCRKBA joins forces with King County prosecutor against armed thugs

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms on Wednesday joined forces with King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg to hammer down on armed juvenile thugs, throwing its weight behind a proposal to toughen juvenile court standards.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ccr...rosecutor-against-armed-thugs?cid=db_articles

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb: “His proposed changes in the law will have no bearing on the rights of legally-armed adults including more than 384,000 citizens who are now licensed to carry concealed in Washington, or the growing number of citizens who openly carry.” (emphasis added)

That's in his press release, and it was handed out at the Wednesday press conference.

CCRKBA joins forces with King County prosecutor against armed thugs

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms on Wednesday joined forces with King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg to hammer down on armed juvenile thugs, throwing its weight behind a proposal to toughen juvenile court standards.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ccr...rosecutor-against-armed-thugs?cid=db_articles

This is good news Dave!

One thing I think needs to be looked at is the education campaign. And not education of the juveniles, but the education of the .................MEDIA!

Eyebrows went up at the press conference when reporters learned about the five conviction threshold.

Perhaps with repeated education directed at reporters/investigative reporters that information like this could be in the forefront of a reporters mind when attending Ceasefire and other related groups "press conferences."

GreatWhiteLlama

Oh good, another politically correct band-aid for the black on black crime problem.

Spending time 'locked up' is looked on as a badge of honor. Spending more time 'locked up' will change nothing.

Unless that segment of society changes from within, from the elimination of their 'no snitching' policy to the ending of their 'gangsta' mentality, this will change nothing.

Oh well, at least everyone will feel good about 'at least we're doing something...'

*sigh*

Alpine

Oh good, another politically correct band-aid for the black on black crime problem.

Spending time 'locked up' is looked on as a badge of honor. Spending more time 'locked up' will change nothing.

Unless that segment of society changes from within, from the elimination of their 'no snitching' policy to the ending of their 'gangsta' mentality, this will change nothing.

Oh well, at least everyone will feel good about 'at least we're doing something...'

*sigh*

I agree with you, the whole concept of intimidating "snitches" has gotten out of control. Just look at that facebook page about "snitches in Tacoma" and the car that got subsequently burned.

It is nice to see the media paying more attention to OC.

amlevin

Makes for a nice News Release and Press Conference but when you sift the BS out of the Buckwheat all they are suggesting is more "juvie time" for these punks.

Carrying a firearm is an "Adult Act". Doing so should receive Adult Punishment. No more letting the kid hold the "piece", "glock", "nine", "toaster", etc., just because they won't get any real time when caught. They want to join the "big boys" then let them get the same punishment. If they actually use the gun, then give them the sentence enhancement too.

The "Juvenile" of today is no way, shape, or form, the same as the "Juvenile" of yesterday. They're getting more and more deadly, probably because society still treats them like it was still the "Beaver Cleaver" era.

OC for ME

Makes for a nice News Release and Press Conference but when you sift the BS out of the Buckwheat all they are suggesting is more "juvie time" for these punks.

Carrying a firearm is an "Adult Act". Doing so should receive Adult Punishment. No more letting the kid hold the "piece", "glock", "nine", "toaster", etc., just because they won't get any real time when caught. They want to join the "big boys" then let them get the same punishment. If they actually use the gun, then give them the sentence enhancement too.

The "Juvenile" of today is no way, shape, or form, the same as the "Juvenile" of yesterday. They're getting more and more deadly, probably because society still treats them like it was still the "Beaver Cleaver" era.
You left out gat.
gat

skeith5

Are they? Check out the crime statistics, violent crime has been steadily decreasing since the 90's. It's now half the rate it was 20 years ago.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1

Here's a link to Juvenile data:

http://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05200

Last edited:

Dave Workman

*sigh*

So, what do you suggest? ? Shoot them on sight?
Oh, that's gonna look good on the 5 o'clock news.

I don't think you're getting this. Instead of cooking up some hairbrained gun control scheme that would probably ratchet down on OC first, and then CC, as a means of combatting illegally-armed punks, Satterberg trotted over to talk to the gun people, then he went over to the anti-gun people, and then he went to the state legislators and brought them all together with a plan that isn't going to cornhole gun owners, just the little scumbags who give guys like Adam Kline an excuse to come after us.

For the first time since 3 Strikes and Hard Time - which were both products of the gun community - we've got a plan that targets bad guys instead of good guys. 15 to 36 weeks in the slam is not going to get a lot of fan love in the 'hood. If it convinces some of these idiots to not play big man with a gun, a problem I've seen with some adults, then it might just be a good thing.

I did a little follow up comparing it to a really dumb idea that got hatched the other day in Connecticut. Satterberg's approach is miles ahead of Holder's

While King County gets it right, Connecticut may not get it at all

Yesterday’s announcement by King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg that he will push to toughen juvenile court justice, with support from the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, seems a far better approach than one proposed by authorities in Connecticut to combat their gang violence problem.

http://www.examiner.com/article/whi...ecticut-may-not-get-it-at-all?cid=db_articles

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's a breath of fresh air that the focus is on the teen gun wielders and not on the guns.

If the article is accurate, I would disagree with the statute and CCRKBA. The new game, according to the article, still criminalizes mere possession, rather than the crime committed using the gun--robbery, assault, etc.

GreatWhiteLlama

So, what do you suggest? ? Shoot them on sight?
Oh, that's gonna look good on the 5 o'clock news.

Um... What?

I don't think you're getting this.

I understand exactly what is being proposed. But again, it's another band-aid to the actual problem. Admittedly, a much more complex one.

If the article is accurate, I would disagree with the statute and CCRKBA. The new game, according to the article, still criminalizes mere possession, rather than the crime committed using the gun--robbery, assault, etc.

+1

sudden valley gunner

That would be my problem with it. It buys into the argument the gun an inanimate object is the problem.

I know many young men who carry because they are afraid they aren't gang bangers, they aren't criminals, but they live in bad neighborhoods and want to protect themselves as much as any body in middle class or upper neighborhoods.

Hell I did as a kid, when violent crime was a lot higher than now. I never used it but I was prepared too.

I can forsee zealous prosecutors and cops misusing this statute.

The anti gun bunch of not shut up even though as brought out violent crime is way way down this bill will not shut them up I feel it will only encourage them to take the next step then the next then the next.