• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has there ever been any interest in an open carry gathering?

foxhound81

Hello to everyone,

I've checked out this forum from time to time, but just registered today.

The topic of open carry is always a good discussion between my friends and I, which has lead me to the idea of rallying for the cause. I feel that with enough time and support from those who want the fact that open carry is legal in Connecticut brought to light, we will be able to accomplish this education of the masses.

I feel that all it would take is a simple get together. Somewhere where we could all meet up, carry openly, at an establishment that approves of our cause. Hopefully through this site, someone knows of a place that would accept this. In my mind it would be like the Starbucks gatherings in California. Where responsible citizens could express their right, in numbers. I know that they made it onto the news, which is exactly what this state needs in my mind.

Please, if you are interested in this respond below with your comments and suggestions!

Rich B

There have been minor things in the past, but really, the best way to promote the normalization of firearms in society is to just go about your daily life carrying what and how you choose (in a safe and professional manner of course).

djn777

i'm down in Norwalk and would love to get some local open carry events going.

i was out of town in august when CCDL had their picnic in Statford but hope to
attend next year