Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Tiny" Sussex is oh so safe

"Tiny" Sussex is oh so safe

http://sussex.patch.com/articles/pol...uspatc00000001

You have to "love" the drug traffic in my town. And people still wonder why I carry!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Re: "Tiny" Sussex is oh so safe

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

You have to "love" the drug traffic in my town. And people still wonder why I carry!
    Marijuana constitutes drug traffic???

Where do you live? I should move there heheheheh.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    Marijuana constitutes drug traffic???

Where do you live? I should move there heheheheh.

Please bone up on your English:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/drug+traffic?s=t

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drug+trafficking

http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/drug-trafficking/

http://criminal.attorney.org/drug-trafficking

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Lol I was joking.

But...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=196435

8 ton cocaine bust.

Perspective...

An even better comparison

Banned
    The drug war is over folks .... just legalize the dang stuff and disarm our law enforcement community and stop this actual war in our own country

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The drug war is over folks .... just legalize the dang stuff and disarm our law enforcement community and stop this actual war in our own country
    Yes have wasted a large amount of time , money and the goverment has use this so called war on drugs to grab a large amount of power and destroy are rights.

If we needed a consitutional amemndment to out law alcohol why didn't we need one for drugs?
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

the postal inspector at the Sussex Post Office branch contacted the sheriff’s department after the location got a suspicious 12 pound package set to be delivered to a home in the N6500 block of Bowling Green Street. The package ... was the second of its type to be sent to the same address in a week.
    That's pretty scary. They're tracking what kind & how many packages we get.
    Wonder what was suspicious?
    Do they have drug-sniffing dogs or machines that regularly inspect packages?
    Guess it's a good idea to spread out things you order from eBay or Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Wonder what was suspicious?
    Do they have drug-sniffing dogs or machines that regularly inspect packages?
    Guess it's a good idea to spread out things you order from eBay or Amazon.
    Maybe that's why all my packages get delayed ! Or maybe the box had "careful, unlawful contents"

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate on this one. It might not necessarily be a matter of them tracking packages. The same people run the same postal routes every day in Sussex (lifelong resident). It doesn't take an elaborate tracking scheme for a postal worker to remember delivering a suspicious package twice to the same place. I'm a deliveryman myself in the furniture industry and while I certainly don't track what houses I've been to in some computer database, I remember being at houses years after I've delivered there (even with a delivery range of the entire southeast quarter of WI). With routes as small as they are in Sussex, it's much more likely a matter of "Hey Bill, I've delivered two of these strange packages to the same place this week" than a matter of deliberate tracking/monitoring. As for what made them suspicious, who knows.
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    the origin of the package may be a clue too,.
    Look at back in the mid 90's when overseas pharmacies were sending schedule-II drugs to people in the US without any prescription, Many an acquaintance got an empty package with a little love note from the DEA inside instead of what they were expecting. Of course this only started happening after a TV station ran a story on offshore pharmacies and the packages were coming in by the container all from the same place.
    Last edited by Nutczak; 12-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Lol I was joking.

But...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=196435

8 ton cocaine bust.

Perspective...

That's like saying, "Oh, sorry you got mugged. It isn't a real crime since you didn't get murdered."

That's like saying, "Oh, sorry you got mugged. It isn't a real crime since you didn't get murdered."
    No its like saying, "its so unsafe here, all of cars are being stolen" while talking to someone in say Mexico where 10s of thousands if people are murdered yearly

Perspective is key. What may be the worst thing that ever happened to you may be ridiculously irrelevant compared to what happens to others.

I bet everyone living in meth country is shaking their heads at this nonsense.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resdon111 View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate on this one. It might not necessarily be a matter of them tracking packages. The same people run the same postal routes every day in Sussex (lifelong resident). It doesn't take an elaborate tracking scheme for a postal worker to remember delivering a suspicious package twice to the same place. I'm a deliveryman myself in the furniture industry and while I certainly don't track what houses I've been to in some computer database, I remember being at houses years after I've delivered there (even with a delivery range of the entire southeast quarter of WI). With routes as small as they are in Sussex, it's much more likely a matter of "Hey Bill, I've delivered two of these strange packages to the same place this week" than a matter of deliberate tracking/monitoring. As for what made them suspicious, who knows.
    Can I ask what you deem suspicious? Is a twelve pound box suspicious to you? I would venture to guess that there are millions of boxes weighing OVER twelve pounds that are delivered to homes everyday! So, why would someone need to involve the police in such a matter? I'll tell you why: people have been brainwashed into being little snitches for the government! I hate people that believe it is their duty to snitch on everything they BELIEVE is suspicious. We used to keep to ourselves and watch out for our neighbors; sadly, this is no longer the case in America!

And what is the big deal with marijuana? I ask myself often why is something such as this illegal? Why is alcohol legal (which kills tens of thousands of people every year) and marijuana illegal (which kills nobody)? It is retarded I know, but I can tell you why: MONEY! The government makes more money off of marijuana when it is illegal then they would if it were legal. Bottom line!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Can I ask what you deem suspicious? Is a twelve pound box suspicious to you? I would venture to guess that there are millions of boxes weighing OVER twelve pounds that are delivered to homes everyday! So, why would someone need to involve the police in such a matter? I'll tell you why: people have been brainwashed into being little snitches for the government! I hate people that believe it is their duty to snitch on everything they BELIEVE is suspicious. We used to keep to ourselves and watch out for our neighbors; sadly, this is no longer the case in America!

And what is the big deal with marijuana? I ask myself often why is something such as this illegal? Why is alcohol legal (which kills tens of thousands of people every year) and marijuana illegal (which kills nobody)? It is retarded I know, but I can tell you why: MONEY! The government makes more money off of marijuana when it is illegal then they would if it were legal. Bottom line!
    While I'm not going to cover the legality of said substance or death from marijuana, many people have been murdered over the growth and sale of it.

While I'm not going to cover the legality of said substance or death from marijuana, many people have been murdered over the growth and sale of it.
    When's the last time there was a marijuana related homicide?

In any case, alcohol is more dangerous so this reasoning is at best hyperbole.

Quick poll.

Who knows someone convicted or victims of DUI, or convicted or victims of alcohol related crime (assault, DV, etc)?

Who knows someone murdered, assaulted, or whatever due to marijuana traffic, sale, use, whatever?

Exactly...

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.

When's the last time there was a marijuana related homicide?

In any case, alcohol is more dangerous so this reasoning is at best hyperbole.

Quick poll.

Who knows someone convicted or victims of DUI, or convicted or victims of alcohol related crime (assault, DV, etc)?

Who knows someone murdered, assaulted, or whatever due to marijuana traffic, sale, use, whatever?

Exactly...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=drug+sale+murder
    Last edited by protias; 12-01-2012 at 02:53 PM.

The sky is falling; the sky is falling...bbbrrrooocccckkkk!!!
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Lol. One marijuana murder out of thousands of hits of other types of drug murders.

It's still hyperbole. And it's ridiculous. And it's stupid...

The sky is falling indeed...

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Dog dogs are run through shipping centers once in a while. Could have been a hit off of one those. A small amount could have spilled. One might been able to smell the drug out side the box. Some one could have informed on them

There could be a simple reason this person was being watched. Then they come up with a reason to protect the real one.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

McX
    had a close encounter of the **** kind yesterday. stopped at my favorite store for smokes, forgot to put my gun on, stupid me. one urban prince blocking the door in, i had to push past. then he comes up and tries to intimidate me while i am standing in line, i go to leave, and another urban charmer is blocking the exit, and i have to push past yet again. i will NEVER go out in public without my gun again! You never know when or where, and there is no safe place!

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Like I said, we don't know what made it suspicious. You're jumping to conclusions there, pal. If you're looking for the whole story, don't look to a Sussex Patch article. My response was directed towards MKEgal's post about them tracking our packages, not the suspiciousness (sic) thereof.
    Last edited by Resdon111; 12-13-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    had a close encounter of the **** kind yesterday. stopped at my favorite store for smokes, forgot to put my gun on, stupid me. one urban prince blocking the door in, i had to push past. then he comes up and tries to intimidate me while i am standing in line, i go to leave, and another urban charmer is blocking the exit, and i have to push past yet again. i will NEVER go out in public without my gun again! You never know when or where, and there is no safe place!

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    Last edited by John Pierce; 02-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

So let me understand this for a moment; some of you are advocating as well as saying it wouldn't bother you if marijuana was legal....using the logic and comparative concepts of alcohol...

So it is alright to get completely stoned and out of your head, and then jump in a vehicle? It's alright, for (you KNOW people already do it EVERY day) people to get high, which can last for hours, and show up to work?

Especially if that work involves operating heavy machinery, dangerous equipment, tools or using chemicals?

It is also much more difficult to determine when somebody is high. There are steps that can be taken to simply hide the visible effects.

Alcohol has been legal and widespread for hundreds of years...its a part of almost every culture.

It is legal in the United States, considering at the time there was no thought given to the idea of drunk driving since cars didn't exist, no thought was given to the dangerousness of operating heavy machinery and equipment. It didn't exist. There is a reason why places of employment that have these aspects as part of their business test for drugs.

Also, talk about unprofessional. Weed smells like the inside of a horses a**. And yes, I know pretty well what that smells like. I drive carriage. You want to walk around smelling like that? And you want your house to smell like that? You want to talk to people you know with bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils and act like a fool because your brain activity is a 1/4 of what it should be? Makes sense...

Better yet, you want to be a gun owner and smoke weed? Wow. Just, wow.

Marijuana is destructive; it impairs your judgment sometimes on a level much WORSE than alcohol, including but not limited to, delusions and hallucinations.

Marijuana, when smoked consistently, has damaging amounts of mercury in it. When smoked it actually makes the exposure worse, and we all know what hot mercury can do in pure form.

So being stoned and drunk while the gov. does as they please is what you would have? Makes perfect sense.

I suppose what I am trying to say is if you think problems with alcoholism are bad, how about the problems of legal marijuana use compounded with the combination of alcohol?

Pandora's box begs to be opened, however that does not mean you should.

Eve took a bite of forbidden fruit, and look where that led.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Snake161; 12-19-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    "We have the right to bear arms, for protection against the common criminal, but more so, for the protection from an abusive government"

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent" Thomas Jefferson

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast