• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Tiny" Sussex is oh so safe

davidmcbeth

Banned
The drug war is over folks .... just legalize the dang stuff and disarm our law enforcement community and stop this actual war in our own country

Firearms Iinstuctor

The drug war is over folks .... just legalize the dang stuff and disarm our law enforcement community and stop this actual war in our own country

Yes have wasted a large amount of time , money and the goverment has use this so called war on drugs to grab a large amount of power and destroy are rights.

If we needed a consitutional amemndment to out law alcohol why didn't we need one for drugs?

MKEgal

the postal inspector at the Sussex Post Office branch contacted the sheriff’s department after the location got a suspicious 12 pound package set to be delivered to a home in the N6500 block of Bowling Green Street. The package ... was the second of its type to be sent to the same address in a week.
That's pretty scary. They're tracking what kind & how many packages we get.
Wonder what was suspicious?
Do they have drug-sniffing dogs or machines that regularly inspect packages?
Guess it's a good idea to spread out things you order from eBay or Amazon.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Wonder what was suspicious?
Do they have drug-sniffing dogs or machines that regularly inspect packages?
Guess it's a good idea to spread out things you order from eBay or Amazon.

Maybe that's why all my packages get delayed ! Or maybe the box had "careful, unlawful contents"

Resdon111

I'll play devil's advocate on this one. It might not necessarily be a matter of them tracking packages. The same people run the same postal routes every day in Sussex (lifelong resident). It doesn't take an elaborate tracking scheme for a postal worker to remember delivering a suspicious package twice to the same place. I'm a deliveryman myself in the furniture industry and while I certainly don't track what houses I've been to in some computer database, I remember being at houses years after I've delivered there (even with a delivery range of the entire southeast quarter of WI). With routes as small as they are in Sussex, it's much more likely a matter of "Hey Bill, I've delivered two of these strange packages to the same place this week" than a matter of deliberate tracking/monitoring. As for what made them suspicious, who knows.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
the origin of the package may be a clue too,.
Look at back in the mid 90's when overseas pharmacies were sending schedule-II drugs to people in the US without any prescription, Many an acquaintance got an empty package with a little love note from the DEA inside instead of what they were expecting. Of course this only started happening after a TV station ran a story on offshore pharmacies and the packages were coming in by the container all from the same place.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

That's like saying, "Oh, sorry you got mugged. It isn't a real crime since you didn't get murdered."

No its like saying, "its so unsafe here, all of cars are being stolen" while talking to someone in say Mexico where 10s of thousands if people are murdered yearly

Perspective is key. What may be the worst thing that ever happened to you may be ridiculously irrelevant compared to what happens to others.

I bet everyone living in meth country is shaking their heads at this nonsense.

:cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I'll play devil's advocate on this one. It might not necessarily be a matter of them tracking packages. The same people run the same postal routes every day in Sussex (lifelong resident). It doesn't take an elaborate tracking scheme for a postal worker to remember delivering a suspicious package twice to the same place. I'm a deliveryman myself in the furniture industry and while I certainly don't track what houses I've been to in some computer database, I remember being at houses years after I've delivered there (even with a delivery range of the entire southeast quarter of WI). With routes as small as they are in Sussex, it's much more likely a matter of "Hey Bill, I've delivered two of these strange packages to the same place this week" than a matter of deliberate tracking/monitoring. As for what made them suspicious, who knows.

Can I ask what you deem suspicious? Is a twelve pound box suspicious to you? I would venture to guess that there are millions of boxes weighing OVER twelve pounds that are delivered to homes everyday! So, why would someone need to involve the police in such a matter? I'll tell you why: people have been brainwashed into being little snitches for the government! I hate people that believe it is their duty to snitch on everything they BELIEVE is suspicious. We used to keep to ourselves and watch out for our neighbors; sadly, this is no longer the case in America!

And what is the big deal with marijuana? I ask myself often why is something such as this illegal? Why is alcohol legal (which kills tens of thousands of people every year) and marijuana illegal (which kills nobody)? It is retarded I know, but I can tell you why: MONEY! The government makes more money off of marijuana when it is illegal then they would if it were legal. Bottom line!

protias

Can I ask what you deem suspicious? Is a twelve pound box suspicious to you? I would venture to guess that there are millions of boxes weighing OVER twelve pounds that are delivered to homes everyday! So, why would someone need to involve the police in such a matter? I'll tell you why: people have been brainwashed into being little snitches for the government! I hate people that believe it is their duty to snitch on everything they BELIEVE is suspicious. We used to keep to ourselves and watch out for our neighbors; sadly, this is no longer the case in America!

And what is the big deal with marijuana? I ask myself often why is something such as this illegal? Why is alcohol legal (which kills tens of thousands of people every year) and marijuana illegal (which kills nobody)? It is retarded I know, but I can tell you why: MONEY! The government makes more money off of marijuana when it is illegal then they would if it were legal. Bottom line!

While I'm not going to cover the legality of said substance or death from marijuana, many people have been murdered over the growth and sale of it.

Anonymouse

While I'm not going to cover the legality of said substance or death from marijuana, many people have been murdered over the growth and sale of it.

When's the last time there was a marijuana related homicide?

In any case, alcohol is more dangerous so this reasoning is at best hyperbole.

Quick poll.

Who knows someone convicted or victims of DUI, or convicted or victims of alcohol related crime (assault, DV, etc)?

Who knows someone murdered, assaulted, or whatever due to marijuana traffic, sale, use, whatever?

Exactly...

Last edited:

protias

When's the last time there was a marijuana related homicide?

In any case, alcohol is more dangerous so this reasoning is at best hyperbole.

Quick poll.

Who knows someone convicted or victims of DUI, or convicted or victims of alcohol related crime (assault, DV, etc)?

Who knows someone murdered, assaulted, or whatever due to marijuana traffic, sale, use, whatever?

Exactly...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=drug+sale+murder

Last edited: