Thread: The Protestor, The Deputy, and the Airport

The Protestor, The Deputy, and the Airport

SHTFplan.com, by Mike Salvo

As America’s police state crackdown becomes more aggressive and expansive, finding protectors of the Constitution is getting to be much harder to come by.

But they’re out there, and every so often we are able to witness a shining example of what it means to be an American – to fearlessly exercise our god-given rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

In the Albany, NY airport, Ashley Jessica and Jason Bermas did just that. When handing out flyers detailing the TSA’s abuses and educating travelers on what the TSA can and cannot do, airport officials attempted to derail their activities by attempting to have them moved, detained and arrested. Bermas and Jessica stood their ground, citing city, state and federal law as guidance for their legal activities.

Airport public affairs director Douglas I. Myers would have none of it, and asked Sheriff’s deputies to step in.

Deputy Stan Lenic did.

To see what the deputy did, click here.

This guy sounds reasonable.

I've met a few reasonable cops in my time but they have been few and far between.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Kudos to sheriff Lenic.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Good for him!

Bravo to the deputy.....at least there is one good cop in New York. That old man must have felt pretty bad getting de-balled right in front of everybody like that. I've found the most belligerent, illogical, emotional people are often not the police I've dealt with but those in a public or private organization that feel they have some kind of "authority". I imagine the poor man would have had a coronary right there if OC was legal in NY and they were doing that as well....calling the police on that only to have him get told that was perfectly legal. What a video that would have made.

Hats off to him, I would buy that man a beer if I lived closer. The old fart was ticking me off though. Another sheep not worth saving.
    Last edited by zack991; 11-29-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Now we have to give commendations to the po po for NOT violating our rights? Oh brother...

Hey, I did not murder anyone today .. where can I pick up my medal?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Now we have to give commendations to the po po for NOT violating our rights? Oh brother...

Hey, I did not murder anyone today .. where can I pick up my medal?
    Well, it kind of speaks to the totality of the situation as it exists today, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CO-Joe View Post
    Well, it kind of speaks to the totality of the situation as it exists today, right?

Sick, but true.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I don't see the harm in positively reinforcing good behavior.
    You don't train a dog by only punishing it when it does bad, you reward it when it sits and when it correctly retrieves a bird. (Not that I'm comparing police officers to golden retrievers, mind you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    You don't train a dog by only punishing it when it does bad, you reward it when it sits and when it correctly retrieves a bird. (Not that I'm comparing police officers to golden retrievers, mind you.)
    Exactly. Police, like it or not, are here to stay for the time being. When you find the ones that perform their duty as expected, it is not thanking them for "allowing" us to exercise our rights, it's thanking them for being one of few that "gets it" and understands they are a public servant, not an all powerful, tyrannical overlord who gets to make up the rules as they see fit. Since the government and the police agencies as a whole are corrupted by their absolute power, the ones like this deputy are fewer and further between every day. If encouragement and praise makes it so officers like this stay in the job, instead of quitting or turning into a jerk because they get nothing but crap from the citizen even when doing right, then I think it is absolutely worth it to say "thank you", even though we shouldn't have to. The alternative is to have no officers like this and have a force completely comprised of "Billy Badasses" with badges and guns, working out their power trips on you and me because there are no sane people willing to take the job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Hats off to him, I would buy that man a beer if I lived closer. The old fart was ticking me off though. Another sheep not worth saving.
    He is not a sheep. He is a wolf who fumed over not being able to devour sheep at will.

He is a petty bureaucrat, overly impressed with his own power, power that he has only because the masses are afraid to stand up for themselves in front of someone who merely claims authority. What is really telling is how he inconvenienced others in an attempt to get his way (and failing even at that). How juvenile and petulant.

Good on the deputy for upholding his oath.

Nice!! Too bad I have no respect for Jason Bermas.

If that name doesn't ring a bell, look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_Change_(film_series)

Banned
    They dropped some names that made me cringe in that video. However, they and the deputy did good work this time.

I would like to see the fliers they were handing out.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Now we have to give commendations to the po po for NOT violating our rights? Oh brother...Hey, I did not murder anyone today .. where can I pick up my medal?
    Yes, we do need to commend people for doing their job properly. Especially so in any field where there is a perception that some/a lot/most do not do their job properly - it encourages the ones doing it right to continue and might motivate the others to start doing the job properly. I'm pretty sure that is covered in the 100-level business administration and hman resources classes.Were you in the habit previously of murdering people? If so, then "Atta boy!" If you have been in the habit of not murdering people, then "Keep up the good work." Collect 25 "Atta boy"s or 30 "Keep up the good work"s and you can cash them in for a small drink that you will need to pay for out of your own pocket.stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    )
    Me neither .. I'm still waiting for my medal .. this coming in the mail or what?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I do public filming of public officials and events and I know what its like to be trampled by corrupt cops.

Even though I disagree with some of the views of Bermas I support 100% his right to free press and free speech.

Its too bad that in America so many people only believe in free speech that we agree with.
    Although I disagree with the basic premise of "Loose Change", I tend to give the benefit of the doubt until I am proved wrong. It was a commercial for-profit "documentary", and the unbelievably outrageous sells tickets at the box office. Bermas could very well be a left-wing nutjob... or just an enterprising young entrepreneur. In the subject of this particular thread, I believe he was absolutely within his rights, and the Deputy did his job admirably (especially if you consider that most of the high muckety-mucks in the aviation industry have significant political connections). It would not be beyond belief to imagine the airport's PR Director subsequently making a phone call to his pal, County Commissioner Goodoleboy - who golfs with the Sheriff - to bring some heat on the Deputy for upholding the Constitution over his "Airport Rules". Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

This was an easy read. Citizens exercising their rights.........they irritate local officials....... local officials try to have them arrested...... LEO supports Constitution and put overly important official in his place. This is the world I expect to live in and I find it refreshing. The LEO was being as much a Citizen as those handing out the literature.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Great video. Adam Kokesh had one from DC on the same day. Similar results but the cops ended up running them off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umP2J...LgcwA&index=53

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I do public filming of public officials and events and I know what its like to be trampled by corrupt cops.

Even though I disagree with some of the views of Bermas I support 100% his right to free press and free speech.

Its too bad that in America so many people only believe in free speech that we agree with.
    I do too. The problem with Loose Change is simple.

It didn't voice an OPINION, which is fine to voice. It tried to state things that were not fact.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.