• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Williamsburg's Grand Illumination

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just a reminder for those that are going to the Grand Illumination this Sunday. OC/CC is fine and get there early to park.

[video=vimeo;33163835]http://vimeo.com/33163835[/video]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Will you be attending? I didn't know this was going on. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Yep...every year!
We get there mid morning and set up the tripods and lawn chairs across from the Powder Magazine. that's my favorite spot for the fireworks.
Then make a day out of it. Toward evening there will be 10,000 or so people BEHIND me:lol: and I'll have another video in the collection.

The only comment I've ever heard about my gun was last year. I had it strapped on my camera bag and heard an obvious northern accent say..."He's gotta gun". I guess they ran away because that was it.

Looking at the forecast, this will be the first year I don't freeze my butt off.

Bowesmobile

Hey thats great! I'll see if I can talk to the misses and get the kids out there. I didn't know they had this. But it looks like a fun tradition! :banana:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
All packed and ready to leave:

9 cameras
5 Tripods
44 Mag
Taser
ASP
2 carts
2 lawn chairs
Big Thermos of coffee
4 shotgun Mics
2 H4N's
1 shoulder rig
1 Headlamp
Ham

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All packed and ready to leave:

9 cameras
5 Tripods
44 Mag
Taser
ASP
2 carts
2 lawn chairs
Big Thermos of coffee
4 shotgun Mics
2 H4N's
1 shoulder rig
1 Headlamp
Ham

+1 very supportive and effective "nap keeper" w/o whom none of this would be possible. :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hey! No discussing open carry of long gun equipment! :mad:

;)

Seriously, though, have a good time!

:D

The crowd seemed smaller, there were uniformed police patrolling and a plane flew over (No Fly Zone)

Frame grabs from the f camera facing crowd.

fireworks4.png

fireworks3.png

fireworks2.png