Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with people.

What is wrong with people.

A British man who punched a 16-year-old girl to the ground in an apparently random attack caught on video has admitted an assault charge, Scotland Yard said. Michael Ayoade, 34, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today and pleaded guilty to assault. The girl was walking alone near the Black Lion pub in east London when he jogged up behind her and punched her in the head. She fell and suffered broken teeth. Ayoade said in court, "She started it, she didn't have a friendly face. She made me feel like a pauper with her facial gestures."

NOTE: The video WILL make your blood boil, I have not see someone hit that hard since I worked the bar scene. What the hell is wrong with people.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1014973/ma...-street-attack

VIDEO

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ondon-17771438
    Last edited by zack991; 11-29-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    She fell and suffered broken teeth.
    A British girl's teeth being damaged? Have ya seen their teeth? Its no great loss.

As for the guy who hit her, he'll get whats coming to him.

And of course, it was captured on CCTV .. all brits are under constant surveillance ...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A British girl's teeth being damaged? Have ya seen their teeth? Its no great loss.

--snipped--
    I sincerely hope that others do not judge us by such thoughtless and unnecessary comments
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I read the article and I was surprised how hard she was hit. I am not sure how well a guy would deal getting hit that hard. If that was my daughter I would be out looking for that pos and I am not sure how far I would beat him if I ever caught him.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    This appears to be a random attack by someone who is mentally ill.

This type of stuff doesnt worry me as much as the systemic violence of todays youth by both males and females.

Broken homes that dont have a married mother and father are the cause of most violence in America.
    While I might debate your contention that broken homes are to blame, I do agree that there is a continuing failure to impose a set of moral/social values, beginning in the home. It happens in traditional two-parent homes with one partner a stay-at-home, in two-parent homes where both work, and in single-parent homes.

And yet, in the majority of cases in traditional two-parent homes with one partner a stay-at-home, in two-parent homes where both work, and in single-parent homes, moral values are imposed beginning in the home and supported throughout the child's maturity into adulthood.

There are solutions, and I have repeatedly suggested a specific few. The lack of follow-up on those suggestions appears to be based on political correctness and an unwillingness to actually trample roughshod on rights, no matter how much "good" doing so might bring about. Some day, when I am Emperor of the World, ....

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Re: What is wrong with people.

Read the guy's statement. He's clearly mentally ill.

"She didn't have a friendly face" ???

Doesn't seem like a morals issue to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sure glad they caught the guy...they ought to have his punishment be a punch in the face from Chuck Norris.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

This appears to be a random attack by someone who is mentally ill.

This type of stuff doesnt worry me as much as the systemic violence of todays youth by both males and females.

Broken homes that dont have a married mother and father are the cause of most violence in America.
    Nice lil attempt to bring in an unrelated, very loaded can of worms into this conversation. Please, do try to put a little more effort into your baseless BS jabs next time, such a one liner denotes laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Sure glad they caught the guy...they ought to have his punishment be a punch in the face from Chuck Norris.
    May I suggest a... Boot to the head, instead? :3
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I sincerely hope that others do not judge us by such thoughtless and unnecessary comments
    I sincerely hope others do not judge us by this over-reaction of one of our moderators. How insulting to readers--to think so many of them can't tell it was a poorly timed joke attributable to exactly and only one poster that the moderator has to respond by generalizing.

Sheesh.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    Read the guy's statement. He's clearly mentally ill.

"She didn't have a friendly face" ???

Doesn't seem like a morals issue to me.

I'll go as far as saying the parts of his comments quoted here definitely suggest the possibility. I wonder what else happened at the arraignment? Was there defense counsel? Will counsel argue for leniency or ask for mental evaluation before sentencing? Etc, etc, etc.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I sincerely hope others do not judge us by this over-reaction of one of our moderators. How insulting to readers--to think so many of them can't tell it was a poorly timed joke attributable to exactly and only one poster that the moderator has to respond by generalizing.

Sheesh.
    At any given time non-registered readers out number by 3 or 4 to 1 those of us that have registered and regularly post here. I do not find it insulting to set the record straight. It would be more egregious to let it stand uncorrected.

I do not take my responsibility lightly nor will I be overly concerned with one who with some regularity attempts to diminish the intended message of moderation.

If you think that I am "over-reacting" there is a proper way of reporting it. The above is not the way and you do not make that decision.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Activist Member

As for the guy who hit her, he'll get whats coming to him.

And of course, it was captured on CCTV .. all brits are under constant surveillance ...
    I don't know if you are joking or not? You don't honestly believe he will get what is "coming" to him do you? It happened in Britain!

In Britain if you attempt to defend yourself from a home invader then you will likely receive more time than the one that broke into your home. Not only that, but you cannot even have fences or wire on your windows in most places because it might be harmful to an invader! Google this stuff!

This guy will probably receive... nothing! I doubt he will serve any time at all; he will serve very little time if he does serve. The criminals are treated like they ALL have mental issues and shouldn't be charged for commiting crimes! But the people that defend themselves get outrageous prison sentences!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Dont be so angry.

Studies have proven that children who grow up with married parents are much less prone to violent acts than those who grow up without a father.

Now, I am assuming you took offense to my comment because you are gay and I didnt include "mother/mother" marriages or "father/father" marriages.

Since those types of marriages are very uncommon in America there exists little data to draw solid conclusions about their long term effects on children.

Now, like I said, dont be so angry
    Those studies are invalid.

A proper study depends on variables and controls.

If you want to study the effects of say colored water on people then group 1 drinks regular water, group 2 drinks colored water and group 3 drunks something unrelated like milk. Everything else has to be the same or as close as possible.

These studies never take into account variables. Comparing a middle class married family to a poverty level single parent family is not good.

Some studies that do take into account the variables have results you won't like.

Outcomes of married families with 2 kids where both the parents work full time and bring home 70k are the same as single parent families with 2 kids where the parent works fulltime and brings home 70k. It goes on and on. Poor married families tend to go the same way as poor single families etc.

The more you eliminate variables the more you show those studies you reference are bunk science.

Don't do bunk science. Its not cool!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 11-29-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Lightbulb Obey, Consume, Do not question authority...

Never been a big John Carpenter fan, but minus the aliens I think he was on to something over 20 years ago.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I don't know if you are joking or not? You don't honestly believe he will get what is "coming" to him do you? It happened in Britain!

In Britain if you attempt to defend yourself from a home invader then you will likely receive more time than the one that broke into your home. Not only that, but you cannot even have fences or wire on your windows in most places because it might be harmful to an invader! Google this stuff!

This guy will probably receive... nothing! I doubt he will serve any time at all; he will serve very little time if he does serve. The criminals are treated like they ALL have mental issues and shouldn't be charged for commiting crimes! But the people that defend themselves get outrageous prison sentences!
    I'm not particularly thrilled with the UK. They allow surveillance cameras everywhere, they don't allow real gun ownership, and they have limited civil liberties ... they fought the Nazis in WWII but their society is soon going to be similar to the Nazis.

Looking for sympathy for UK-ers ... look somewhere else my friend. That country has gone downhill in the last 30 yrs. And now our politicians look to them for guidance...

Show me a study with "sound science" that proves me wrong.......
    I have no need. Read you studies. They'll show how they got/what their sample is, what their controls are and what variables they eliminated. If they dont tell you they are not scientific studies.

That's how science works. I don't have to present and prove an alternate hypothesis. I just have to show there error in yours.

Cite your studies. If I see Heritage Foundation anywhere in them you lose automatically.

But just for fun...

Urban Disadvantage and Types of Race-Specific Homicide: Assessing the Diversity in Family Structures in the Urban Context

http://jrc.sagepub.com/content/39/3/277.short

This research shows that it is not family type that leads to these results but rather family disruption like divorce, abuse, etc.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 11-29-2012 at 11:58 PM.

I have no need. Read you studies. They'll show how they got/what their sample is, what their controls are and what variables they eliminated. If they dont tell you they are not scientific studies.

That's how science works. I don't have to present and prove an alternate hypothesis. I just have to show there error in yours.

Cite your studies. If I see Heritage Foundation anywhere in them you lose automatically.

But just for fun...

Urban Disadvantage and Types of Race-Specific Homicide: Assessing the Diversity in Family Structures in the Urban Context

http://jrc.sagepub.com/content/39/3/277.short

This research shows that it is not family type that leads to these results but rather family disruption like divorce, abuse, etc.

Well, global warming advocates claim their "science" is also peer-reviewed. By the way, The Heritage Foundation, while conservative, is not the end all and be all of conservatism. Their studies are just as valid as any study, even studies you cite. Your liberalism is showing.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well, global warming advocates claim their "science" is also peer-reviewed. By the way, The Heritage Foundation, while conservative, is not the end all and be all of conservatism. Their studies are just as valid as any study, even studies you cite. Your liberalism is showing.
    Peer reviewed doesn't matter if the data was faked.

Never claimed to be conservative but the Heritage foundation is as valid as those that put out ID. Lol

None of it matters though because these studies are not proof of anything. These studies fall all over the map. That's the problem with soft sciences.

That's why your claim is bunk and the studies, which you haven't cited, are probably bunk as well.

Banned
    ummm...Isn't one of the points of peer review to validate the authenticity of the data...

Peer review is important to liberals because they love majority rule. It they can get enough people to...let's say...vote for a man who will take away your right to freely participate (or not) in commerce, then it is OK what he did. Conversely, something that sufficient people don't get behind can't possibly be good, even if it is right.

Peer reviewed doesn't matter if the data was faked.

Never claimed to be conservative but the Heritage foundation is as valid as those that put out ID. Lol

None of it matters though because these studies are not proof of anything. These studies fall all over the map. That's the problem with soft sciences.

That's why your claim is bunk and the studies, which you haven't cited, are probably bunk as well.

Well, technically, that is what peer-review is supposed to determine, is the data faked or not.

I pointed out that you are a liberal because of your THF comment, obviously me pointing out that you are a liberal is redundant on my part.

I made no specific claim that could be classified as bunk regarding the OP. I made a general claim that THF and any studies they produce are just as valid as any other organizations study, even organizations that you support.

There is no forum rule that is violated for not "citing to authority" on a question regarding the impacts of "good/bad" parenting on the "what's wrong with people" OP.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I just realized the moderators deleted one of my posts in this thread.

Censorship is a terrible thing.
    There is no record of a post by you being deleted from this thread.

Pointing out what should be obvious, nevertheless:
    ...........BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES.......

• (2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts........

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

I'm not particularly thrilled with the UK. They allow surveillance cameras everywhere, they don't allow real gun ownership, and they have limited civil liberties ... they fought the Nazis in WWII but their society is soon going to be similar to the Nazis.

Looking for sympathy for UK-ers ... look somewhere else my friend. That country has gone downhill in the last 30 yrs. And now our politicians look to them for guidance...
    There is little debate about the decline in the country that we used to call Breat Britain, and now just refer to as England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But there is nothing going on over there under government policy/program that even begins to compare with what the policys of, let alone the programs carried out under the National Democratic Socialist Workers Party. Making a gratuitous comparison is wrong on so many levels.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There is little debate about the decline in the country that we used to call Breat Britain, and now just refer to as England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But there is nothing going on over there under government policy/program that even begins to compare with what the policys of, let alone the programs carried out under the National Democratic Socialist Workers Party. Making a gratuitous comparison is wrong on so many levels.
    Oh, I don't know. Have you seen how many industries they've nationalized? As in fascism? They're not looking to conquer Europe, nor gassing or baking minorities, but the lack of similarity in some areas doesn't cancel the irony in others.

Banned

The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain being the island on which England, Wales, and Scotland are located. Ireland and Northern Ireland are on Little Britain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain being the island on which England, Wales, and Scotland are located. Ireland and Northern Ireland are on Little Britain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    Good point.

That place has a rich history. I recommend the video series on YouTube by David Starkey. He starts with a mention of Roman occupation and viking incursions, when England was a bunch of little kingdoms. He really picks up with Kings Ethelbert and Offa 700's AD. Very interesting. Did you know there was almost a Queen Matilda? She felt she had a claim to the throne, and got military backing from the continent. After a few years of marching around England and winning no fights decisively, she gave up and sailed back to the continent.

There is another interesting documentary about the illegitimacy of medieval Edward IV. Apparently even his mother acknowledged he was a ***stard, but too late. A church attendance record (Brits keep everything forever) shows his father out of the country for the period when he his conception would need to occur. The researcher traced the family trees and tracked down the fellow who really should be the current king of England. A fanciful activity since you can't foresee which of the heirs would die or live or have children if things were different. But, interesting nonetheless.

Overall I find English history interesting because it puts our common law, and particularly our rights in perspective. For example, our right against self-incrimination is directly tied to controversy surrounding church and government. As an interesting side note, did you know we owe our right against self-incrimination partly to lawyers? Yep, when The Inquisition and its oaths tried to arrive from the continent, England already had a thriving legal system based on the common law. The Inquisition tried to establish a separate legal system, and to a certain extent it did, but it was the common law lawyers who fought it. It was invading their turf, you understand.

Episode 1 of Starkey's series is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4L675hROFE Its heartening to see that local war leaders were chosen by their village--leadership by consent.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-30-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast