• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is wrong with people.

zack991

A British man who punched a 16-year-old girl to the ground in an apparently random attack caught on video has admitted an assault charge, Scotland Yard said. Michael Ayoade, 34, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today and pleaded guilty to assault. The girl was walking alone near the Black Lion pub in east London when he jogged up behind her and punched her in the head. She fell and suffered broken teeth. Ayoade said in court, "She started it, she didn't have a friendly face. She made me feel like a pauper with her facial gestures."

NOTE: The video WILL make your blood boil, I have not see someone hit that hard since I worked the bar scene. What the hell is wrong with people.
http://news.sky.com/story/1014973/man-admits-assault-after-girls-street-attack

VIDEO

http://abcnews.go.com/International...unconscious-unprovoked-attack-london-17771438

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
She fell and suffered broken teeth.

A British girl's teeth being damaged? Have ya seen their teeth? Its no great loss.

As for the guy who hit her, he'll get whats coming to him.

And of course, it was captured on CCTV .. all brits are under constant surveillance ...

Ca Patriot

This appears to be a random attack by someone who is mentally ill.

This type of stuff doesnt worry me as much as the systemic violence of todays youth by both males and females.

Broken homes that dont have a married mother and father are the cause of most violence in America.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A British girl's teeth being damaged? Have ya seen their teeth? Its no great loss.

--snipped--

I sincerely hope that others do not judge us by such thoughtless and unnecessary comments
icon13.png

zack991

I read the article and I was surprised how hard she was hit. I am not sure how well a guy would deal getting hit that hard. If that was my daughter I would be out looking for that pos and I am not sure how far I would beat him if I ever caught him.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

This type of stuff doesnt worry me as much as the systemic violence of todays youth by both males and females.

Broken homes that dont have a married mother and father are the cause of most violence in America.

While I might debate your contention that broken homes are to blame, I do agree that there is a continuing failure to impose a set of moral/social values, beginning in the home. It happens in traditional two-parent homes with one partner a stay-at-home, in two-parent homes where both work, and in single-parent homes.

And yet, in the majority of cases in traditional two-parent homes with one partner a stay-at-home, in two-parent homes where both work, and in single-parent homes, moral values are imposed beginning in the home and supported throughout the child's maturity into adulthood.

There are solutions, and I have repeatedly suggested a specific few. The lack of follow-up on those suggestions appears to be based on political correctness and an unwillingness to actually trample roughshod on rights, no matter how much "good" doing so might bring about. Some day, when I am Emperor of the World, ....

stay safe.

Anonymouse

Read the guy's statement. He's clearly mentally ill.

"She didn't have a friendly face" ???

Doesn't seem like a morals issue to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sure glad they caught the guy...they ought to have his punishment be a punch in the face from Chuck Norris.

DrakeZ07

Nice lil attempt to bring in an unrelated, very loaded can of worms into this conversation. Please, do try to put a little more effort into your baseless BS jabs next time, such a one liner denotes laziness.

Sure glad they caught the guy...they ought to have his punishment be a punch in the face from Chuck Norris.

May I suggest a... Boot to the head, instead? :3

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I sincerely hope that others do not judge us by such thoughtless and unnecessary comments
icon13.png

I sincerely hope others do not judge us by this over-reaction of one of our moderators. How insulting to readers--to think so many of them can't tell it was a poorly timed joke attributable to exactly and only one poster that the moderator has to respond by generalizing.

Sheesh.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Read the guy's statement. He's clearly mentally ill.

"She didn't have a friendly face" ???

Doesn't seem like a morals issue to me.

I'll go as far as saying the parts of his comments quoted here definitely suggest the possibility. I wonder what else happened at the arraignment? Was there defense counsel? Will counsel argue for leniency or ask for mental evaluation before sentencing? Etc, etc, etc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
icon13.png

I sincerely hope others do not judge us by this over-reaction of one of our moderators. How insulting to readers--to think so many of them can't tell it was a poorly timed joke attributable to exactly and only one poster that the moderator has to respond by generalizing.

Sheesh.

At any given time non-registered readers out number by 3 or 4 to 1 those of us that have registered and regularly post here. I do not find it insulting to set the record straight. It would be more egregious to let it stand uncorrected.

I do not take my responsibility lightly nor will I be overly concerned with one who with some regularity attempts to diminish the intended message of moderation.

If you think that I am "over-reacting" there is a proper way of reporting it. The above is not the way and you do not make that decision.

Ca Patriot

Nice lil attempt to bring in an unrelated, very loaded can of worms into this conversation. Please, do try to put a little more effort into your baseless BS jabs next time, such a one liner denotes laziness.

Dont be so angry.

Studies have proven that children who grow up with married parents are much less prone to violent acts than those who grow up without a father.

Now, I am assuming you took offense to my comment because you are gay and I didnt include "mother/mother" marriages or "father/father" marriages.

Since those types of marriages are very uncommon in America there exists little data to draw solid conclusions about their long term effects on children.

Now, like I said, dont be so angry :)

KYGlockster

Activist Member

As for the guy who hit her, he'll get whats coming to him.

And of course, it was captured on CCTV .. all brits are under constant surveillance ...

I don't know if you are joking or not? You don't honestly believe he will get what is "coming" to him do you? It happened in Britain!

In Britain if you attempt to defend yourself from a home invader then you will likely receive more time than the one that broke into your home. Not only that, but you cannot even have fences or wire on your windows in most places because it might be harmful to an invader! Google this stuff!

This guy will probably receive... nothing! I doubt he will serve any time at all; he will serve very little time if he does serve. The criminals are treated like they ALL have mental issues and shouldn't be charged for commiting crimes! But the people that defend themselves get outrageous prison sentences!

Anonymouse

Dont be so angry.

Studies have proven that children who grow up with married parents are much less prone to violent acts than those who grow up without a father.

Now, I am assuming you took offense to my comment because you are gay and I didnt include "mother/mother" marriages or "father/father" marriages.

Since those types of marriages are very uncommon in America there exists little data to draw solid conclusions about their long term effects on children.

Now, like I said, dont be so angry :)

Those studies are invalid. ;)

A proper study depends on variables and controls.

If you want to study the effects of say colored water on people then group 1 drinks regular water, group 2 drinks colored water and group 3 drunks something unrelated like milk. Everything else has to be the same or as close as possible.

These studies never take into account variables. Comparing a middle class married family to a poverty level single parent family is not good.

Some studies that do take into account the variables have results you won't like.

Outcomes of married families with 2 kids where both the parents work full time and bring home 70k are the same as single parent families with 2 kids where the parent works fulltime and brings home 70k. It goes on and on. Poor married families tend to go the same way as poor single families etc.

The more you eliminate variables the more you show those studies you reference are bunk science.

Don't do bunk science. Its not cool! :D

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Obey, Consume, Do not question authority...

Never been a big John Carpenter fan, but minus the aliens I think he was on to something over 20 years ago.
[video=youtube;7Lwlx3GnLGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lwlx3GnLGs[/video]

Ca Patriot

Those studies are invalid. ;)

A proper study depends on variables and controls.

If you want to study the effects of say colored water on people then group 1 drinks regular water, group 2 drinks colored water and group 3 drunks something unrelated like milk. Everything else has to be the same or as close as possible.

These studies never take into account variables. Comparing a middle class married family to a poverty level single parent family is not good.

Some studies that do take into account the variables have results you won't like.

Outcomes of married families with 2 kids where both the parents work full time and bring home 70k are the same as single parent families with 2 kids where the parent works fulltime and brings home 70k. It goes on and on. Poor married families tend to go the same way as poor single families etc.

The more you eliminate variables the more you show those studies you reference are bunk science.

Don't do bunk science. Its not cool! :D

Show me a study with "sound science" that proves me wrong.......

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't know if you are joking or not? You don't honestly believe he will get what is "coming" to him do you? It happened in Britain!

In Britain if you attempt to defend yourself from a home invader then you will likely receive more time than the one that broke into your home. Not only that, but you cannot even have fences or wire on your windows in most places because it might be harmful to an invader! Google this stuff!

This guy will probably receive... nothing! I doubt he will serve any time at all; he will serve very little time if he does serve. The criminals are treated like they ALL have mental issues and shouldn't be charged for commiting crimes! But the people that defend themselves get outrageous prison sentences!

I'm not particularly thrilled with the UK. They allow surveillance cameras everywhere, they don't allow real gun ownership, and they have limited civil liberties ... they fought the Nazis in WWII but their society is soon going to be similar to the Nazis.

Looking for sympathy for UK-ers ... look somewhere else my friend. That country has gone downhill in the last 30 yrs. And now our politicians look to them for guidance...

Anonymouse

Show me a study with "sound science" that proves me wrong.......

I have no need. Read you studies. They'll show how they got/what their sample is, what their controls are and what variables they eliminated. If they dont tell you they are not scientific studies.

;)

That's how science works. I don't have to present and prove an alternate hypothesis. I just have to show there error in yours.

Cite your studies. ;) If I see Heritage Foundation anywhere in them you lose automatically.

But just for fun...

Urban Disadvantage and Types of Race-Specific Homicide: Assessing the Diversity in Family Structures in the Urban Context

http://jrc.sagepub.com/content/39/3/277.short

This research shows that it is not family type that leads to these results but rather family disruption like divorce, abuse, etc.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I have no need. Read you studies. They'll show how they got/what their sample is, what their controls are and what variables they eliminated. If they dont tell you they are not scientific studies.

;)

That's how science works. I don't have to present and prove an alternate hypothesis. I just have to show there error in yours.

Cite your studies. ;) If I see Heritage Foundation anywhere in them you lose automatically.

But just for fun...

Urban Disadvantage and Types of Race-Specific Homicide: Assessing the Diversity in Family Structures in the Urban Context

http://jrc.sagepub.com/content/39/3/277.short

This research shows that it is not family type that leads to these results but rather family disruption like divorce, abuse, etc.

Well, global warming advocates claim their "science" is also peer-reviewed. By the way, The Heritage Foundation, while conservative, is not the end all and be all of conservatism. Their studies are just as valid as any study, even studies you cite. Your liberalism is showing.