• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

plan to be arrested - having one is good

self preservation

Person 1: That house is blue.
Person 2: Blue or red?
Person 1: I don't know - what did I just say? :banghead:

I would assume that most members on this forum would not confuse the color red with the color blue. But they do however sometimes confuse "convicted with charged", "bench trial with jury trial", "arrested with detained",etc, etc. The type of very simple scenario that you just gave isn't out of the ordinary and probably wouldn't peak anyone's interest. There are all kinds of blue houses in the world. But if I posted that I was held at gunpoint and 3 members of my family were killed by LEO because I was wearing white shoes.....well, that story is just a little more complex than a story of a blue house.

eye95

I would assume that most members on this forum would not confuse the color red with the color blue. But they do however sometimes confuse "convicted with charged", "bench trial with jury trial", "arrested with detained",etc, etc. The type of very simple scenario that you just gave isn't out of the ordinary and probably wouldn't peak anyone's interest. There are all kinds of blue houses in the world. But if I posted that I was held at gunpoint and 3 members of my family were killed by LEO because I was wearing white shoes.....well, that story is just a little more complex than a story of a blue house.

Good job explaining the failure of his silly analogy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

self preservation

"Peak" anyone's interest or "pique" anyone's interest? Please clarify.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

:D

My point exactly. Lol. Sometimes we use the wrong words. And as I said a few post up, myself included. But to clarify your question as you have politely ask me to do, yes, I used the wrong wording when I typed 'peak' instead of 'pique'. I understand that they have two different meanings and I used it incorrectly.

donny

Wtf? Is this place if filled with immature morons? You people actually have guns?

okboomer

I have been falsely accused of mis-use of a gun on 3 different occassions. The first one resulted in charges being filed (misdemeanor, down from the felonies being considered) and the other two, a simple phone call from the officers involved resulted in no action.

On the first accusation, it took over $10,000 and 6 months of my time, including booking and various court appearances before the DA backed down and dropped the charges.

During the process, I also acquired state licensed professional training (including earning the SAME shooting badges as LEOs) which gave me a bit of "legitimacy" with LEO.

What I can add to the "get a good lawyer" is to make sure the attorney you hire understands that not only are you innocent, but that the charges are based on the DA attempting to "put you under his thumb" ... if you have no other runins with law enforcement, there really is no reason for them to take one person's word over yours, but many DAs want more "wins" to pad their election figures.

My attorney commented that it was much harder to defend someone that was innocent than someone that was guilty. I refused all plea offers and insisted on CLEARING my good name! Not just that the charges were dropped, but that the judge dismissed the charges with predjudice (the DA tried to "not go forward at this time".) Of course, the local newspaper didn't want to hear from me about that, not like how eager they were to be in court to see me charged and report it in the paper.

REALteach4u

Thanks for posting that skidmark. Many of us tell people they need a plan for this and a plan for that, but we don't often consider a plan should you be arrested. I'm going to change my training manual from "have a lawyer on retainer" to have an arrest plan, which will include having a lawyer on retainer.