Thread: Oregon permit - fast turnaround!

Oregon permit - fast turnaround!

Just got my renewed Oregon permit in the mail, a mere 10 days after my renewal appointment (including the Thanksgiving holiday in the interim.)

Nice work, Columbia County!

Quote Originally Posted by kparker View Post
    Just got my renewed Oregon permit in the mail, a mere 10 days after my renewal appointment (including the Thanksgiving holiday in the interim.)

Nice work, Columbia County!
    I got almost the same turnaround out of Multnomah County.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Kind of funny how Oregon processes out of state permit requests faster than Washington does resident permits. Since there is no financial gain for them processing them faster they have no reason to do so. Oregon makes additional revenue from us so they have an advantage to keep the processing time low. Tell all your friends.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Kind of funny how Oregon processes out of state permit requests faster than Washington does resident permits. Since there is no financial gain for them processing them faster they have no reason to do so. Oregon makes additional revenue from us so they have an advantage to keep the processing time low. Tell all your friends.
    I don't know about that...Okanogan county takes 2 or 3 days, new or renewal...only depend on when the US mail works, or not. Only one day in the Sheriff's office. I think it has more to do with the Sheriff than how long it takes...I have heard that Kitsap Co occationally will give same day service...never tried it here in Okanogan Co, but I see no reason it shouldn't be able to happen.

Pierce and King almost go the full 30 days. I'm just saying that the large counties have no incentive to make it aspeedy process. Just like the DMV.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Next time I'm in Astoria I'll apply for mine there in Clatsop County and report back.

When I applied for my WA CPL I got it issued within 24 hours. Talk about fast service.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    When I applied for my WA CPL I got it issued within 24 hours. Talk about fast service.
    If that was the norm we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    WA Guns

My original WA permit was to the day the legal limit (60 days) and I got the stink eye for reminding them about it - they originally told me 90 days. My renewal was about 30 days. My original OR license was about 10 days if I remember right.

Interesting - I got my WA CPL on an AZ DL from Everett PD and got it issued in about 2 weeks. I haven't had a need for an OR CHL since I don't go down there that often and when I do, it is usually in an area where the CHL really isn't "needed."