• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon permit - fast turnaround!

kparker

Just got my renewed Oregon permit in the mail, a mere 10 days after my renewal appointment (including the Thanksgiving holiday in the interim.)

Nice work, Columbia County!

rapgood

Just got my renewed Oregon permit in the mail, a mere 10 days after my renewal appointment (including the Thanksgiving holiday in the interim.)

Nice work, Columbia County!

I got almost the same turnaround out of Multnomah County.

badkarma

Kind of funny how Oregon processes out of state permit requests faster than Washington does resident permits. Since there is no financial gain for them processing them faster they have no reason to do so. Oregon makes additional revenue from us so they have an advantage to keep the processing time low. Tell all your friends.

hermannr

Kind of funny how Oregon processes out of state permit requests faster than Washington does resident permits. Since there is no financial gain for them processing them faster they have no reason to do so. Oregon makes additional revenue from us so they have an advantage to keep the processing time low. Tell all your friends.

I don't know about that...Okanogan county takes 2 or 3 days, new or renewal...only depend on when the US mail works, or not. Only one day in the Sheriff's office. I think it has more to do with the Sheriff than how long it takes...I have heard that Kitsap Co occationally will give same day service...never tried it here in Okanogan Co, but I see no reason it shouldn't be able to happen.

badkarma

Pierce and King almost go the full 30 days. I'm just saying that the large counties have no incentive to make it aspeedy process. Just like the DMV.

Stein

My original WA permit was to the day the legal limit (60 days) and I got the stink eye for reminding them about it - they originally told me 90 days. My renewal was about 30 days. My original OR license was about 10 days if I remember right.

acmariner99

Interesting - I got my WA CPL on an AZ DL from Everett PD and got it issued in about 2 weeks. I haven't had a need for an OR CHL since I don't go down there that often and when I do, it is usually in an area where the CHL really isn't "needed."