Thread: Interview with a Gunfighter, a case of self defense

Interview with a Gunfighter, a case of self defense

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

While Piazza referes to him as a "gunfighter" that term carries a lot of baggage that is not helpful to the normalization of private citizens bearing arms openly.

That he fought off an attack by using a gun is correct. That he is a "gunfighter" as that term is generally understood is not correct.

A more appropriate term for him would be "victim that survived by using a gun for self defense" - usually shortened to "victim".

Now that we have that out of the way, allow me to thank you for bringing the video back to our attention. The lessons to be learned are invaluable.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

In this day and age where a second group of criminals operates, the only thing I'd say in any interview was that "I feared for my life", and nothing more to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    While Piazza referes to him as a "gunfighter" that term carries a lot of baggage that is not helpful to the normalization of private citizens bearing arms openly.

That he fought off an attack by using a gun is correct. That he is a "gunfighter" as that term is generally understood is not correct.

A more appropriate term for him would be "victim that survived by using a gun for self defense" - usually shortened to "victim".

Now that we have that out of the way, allow me to thank you for bringing the video back to our attention. The lessons to be learned are invaluable.

stay safe.
    That is why I added the "case of self defense" part. If some else was thinking about posting it I wanted to make it easy for them to notice it had been posted.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)