• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auto Zone employee fired for armed resistance

45acpForMe

"Registered with the State of Virginia"

???????????

Watching the interview I cringed at his comment about registration. Many people (especially those of us that have lived in repressive states) wrongly believe that when we fill out the paperwork to purchase a firearm at an FFL, it is actually "registering" the firearm with the state. Unless he had a fully automatic Glock, I think he is confused in that way. :)

Educate, educate, educate such that when one of us is interviewed we don't make such strikingly errant statements.

I shop at that AutoZone or at least used to since it is only about two miles from my house. I plan to be at the protests, depending on work.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I plan to be at the protests, depending on work.

I might. It depends on when they schedule it. This is my busy time of year.

deer-1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I might. It depends on when they schedule it. This is my busy time of year.

Shame that one tip is broken, but it doesn't change the taste a bit.

He probably broke it while trying to Advance on a picket line somewhere.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Shame that one tip is broken, but it doesn't change the taste a bit.

He probably broke it while trying to Advance on a picket line somewhere.

I must have quarrlsom deer because I don't think I ever shot one that didn't have a tip or two broken.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I must have quarrlsom deer because I don't think I ever shot one that didn't have a tip or two broken.

I've heard that that tendency might be related to the local water supply. :lol:

On topic - Maybe that has effected some of AutoZone's non-paying customers too.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've heard that that tendency might be related to the local water supply. :lol:

On topic - Maybe that has effected some of AutoZone's non-paying customers too.

Actually it is on topic...sort of.

The story is making it to some of the hunting sites now and I just posted a copy of VCDL's alert on one. I think we'll get some Tidewater extras at the Yorktown protest out of it.

scouser

So Autozone fired him for bringing a firearm into his workplace. They claim that is against their policy and is why the guy had to go? Now the call is out for that company to be boycotted and we should all spend our money elsewhere?

Which auto parts stores allow THEIR EMPLOYEES to bring a firearm into the workplace? Does Advance allow the employees to carry at work? How about NAPA? Pep Boys?

It's my suspicion that many of the other stores would have a zero tolerence policy too. I don't agree with it, I'm just trying to get a different perspective. By all means boycott, but while doing so ask yourself if it had been someone working at the store you now choose to visit had done the same thing as this hero (and yes that's what he is because he went back to save his friends) would Advance, or NAPA or Pep Boys have fired them too?

But, yes, I'm done with shopping at Auto Zone too, they won't ever get to ask me "credit or debit?" again.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So Autozone fired him for bringing a firearm into his workplace. They claim that is against their policy and is why the guy had to go? Now the call is out for that company to be boycotted and we should all spend our money elsewhere?

Which auto parts stores allow THEIR EMPLOYEES to bring a firearm into the workplace? Does Advance allow the employees to carry at work? How about NAPA? Pep Boys?

It's my suspicion that many of the other stores would have a zero tolerence policy too. I don't agree with it, I'm just trying to get a different perspective. By all means boycott, but while doing so ask yourself if it had been someone working at the store you now choose to visit had done the same thing as this hero (and yes that's what he is because he went back to save his friends) would Advance, or NAPA or Pep Boys have fired them too?

But, yes, I'm done with shopping at Auto Zone too, they won't ever get to ask me "credit or debit?" again.

That's actually a very good Question and one that can't be answered other than asking them. The problem with asking is that they will consult their lawyers who will always say, zero tolerance.

I have no idea about the official policy but I do know that some NAPA employees do carry (concealed) in the store and at least their Managers are aware of it.
Car Quest is franchise owned so the Corporate policy, if there is one, is optional.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

There is a huge difference between being allowed to carry at work and have a gun in the store vs. going out to your car and grabbing your gun and saving a life.

Convicted felons can't possess guns, but I seem to recall some court case(s) where they used a gun to defend themselves and the courts found their possession of the gun to be justified under the circumstances.

That's life (some assembly and common sense required)

scouser

There is a huge difference between being allowed to carry at work and have a gun in the store vs. going out to your car and grabbing your gun and saving a life.

I probably should have proof read before posting. What I MEANT to ask was if any of the other stores would have acted any differently, would they have taken into consideration the individual circumstances in this case or would they too have fired the guy?

By all means boycott Auto Zone, but boycott them for being a bunch of dicks about firing a hero. If you boycott them because they won't allow an employee to bring a firearm into the store under any circumstances then there are probably quite a lot of other places that need to be boycotted too. It's just my feeling that when I send another store's receipt showing the money they missed out on, that I should emphasize it's because of their treatment of this one particular former employee rather than make any mention of firearms

OT .. Jim, was nice to bump into you at The Showplace on Saturday, but the scenery is better when you have a class and your sales staff are at the shows.