• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City Attorney Tells San Bernardino Residents To ‘Lock Their Doors,’ ‘Load Their Guns’

davidmcbeth

Banned
The city attorney of San Bernardino is under scrutiny for telling residents to “lock their doors and load their guns” during a city council meeting.

Sounds like a scare tactic to get folks to cough up $$$ for more policemen. Chicago has plenty of police .. does not seem to work there.

Or maybe the guy is just concerned about residents ... and informing them to be on the lookout.

http://www.sbcity.org/cityhall/police_department/default.asp

On the police's website page ... all is well .. no mention of chaos

http://www.sbcity.org/cityhall/poli...art_1_crimes/ucr_statistics___part_1_2012.asp

And they have a stats page ... looking at this there appears to be an increase at first glance. But then looking at previous years it does not seem like a large increase .. seems like normal variation.

More scare tactics is my leaning. But folks can come to their own conclusion by looking at other years' crime stats on their website. And remember...police do manipulate these figures too to make themselves look better

Look at 2010 stats .. about the same as 2012 oh my!

davidmcbeth

Banned
The guy already back tracked and confirm my suspicions of my previous post on this thread -- scare tactic to gather public support to cough up cash for cops.

I opened a thread regarding his back tracking ...