• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonder how places like New York will like this?

eye95

Horrible, horrible bill!

When the feds dictate to States and people who can carry when, they can now say who cannot carry and when not.

NO. This is a State issue. Fight it at the State level, State by State.

If we leave it to the States, there should always be a State in which carriers can find refuge. If the feds take the issue over, they can instantly turn all States unfriendly to carry.

The Framers and Founders wanted a weak central government. Why, in the name of Rights, do we insist on empowering the entity most likely to tromp on them???

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Seems to me like they are saying that they don't care what anti gun laws you have.....people can carry..

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/11/new_york_ag_tak.php

Sounds more like they are saying "We want to be able to control where you can or cannot carry, and under what terms and conditions."

This is being done under the guise of national resoprocity for CCW permits, yet everybody who says they are in favor of it says it extends the laws of every individual State into and onto all of the other individual States. The person from Ohio who supposedly would be able to CCW in NYS just as they do in Ohio would be under a different set of CCW laws than I, a Virginian, would be under while CCWing in NYS. So instead of of merely 50 separate sets of laws, we have 49+1 different laws in each on the 50 states. Which is the bigger hodge-podge?

The further problem is that now there is one central source for all permission to CCW, which will most likely set the rules close to the most stringent of the various 50 States (think Hawaii or Maryland or Illinois) rather than the least restrictive (NH, AZ, AK etc.). With very few exceptions that's just the way things work with Congress.

Thus, the rather reasonable fear of what a national resiprocity bill might bring. It helps to not only raise the hood but look under the floor mats before buying.

stay safe.