• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who's right? Who's Wrong? Either? Both? None of the above?

Anonymouse

Now imagine that same zebra armed.

That's my point. People are absolutely responsible for their safety.

Being armed is just one part. Situational awareness, not putting yourself in bad situations, not going outside a locked store to do whatever with hoods in Houston...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Everyone likes to say this, especially women's advocacy groups.

I call BS. PC nonsense...

If you put yourself in a bad spot you are absolutely responsible. Does this mean the criminal bears no responsibility? Absolutely not. Does this mean you forfeit any right to self defense? Absolutely not.

However this is the real world. Actions have consequences and you need to be aware of them and accept responsibility for them.

You walk in a bad neighborhood at night and get robbed, murdered, raped then it is your fault. Sure, its the criminals fault too but you are as responsible. What are yoy doing there?

The common response to this is that you have the right to go anywhere and be safe. Imagine a zebra telling that to a lion. Lol.

Should you be punished or vilified though for being a victim? Nope, hopefully you learned your lesson. Hopefully you lived and won't make that mistake again.

Sir, please don't take this the wrong way......

attachment.php

Anonymouse

Sir, please don't take this the wrong way......

attachment.php

Not really. The lack of personal responsibility and the whining that invariably follows it will be the ultimate downfall of this country.

I'd imagine that someone that gets into OC would be someone that held personal responsibility as a moral imperative.

Shrug... You can deny responsibility all you want but responsibility cannot be abdicated sir.

Eleanor Roosevelt said it better than I can.

" One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility."

You choose to go into a bad situation then you must take responsibility for it. Natural selection doesn't make allowances for your silly notions but our gene pool does thank you.

:cool:

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Better yet...

"I want you to assume that you are 100 percent responsible for everything that goes on in your life—good or bad.”
— Dr. Phil

eye95

One person (say, a criminal) bearing a huge responsibility for a situation (say, a crime) does not mean that no one else (say, the victim) bears any responsibility for the predictable consequences of their behavior (say, walking unarmed through a high-crime neighborhood).

Responsibility means having the wherewithal to make choices and to deal with the outcomes, good or bad.

If I were to choose to walk through such a high-crime neighborhood unarmed, then the natural consequence for exercising my responsibility so poorly would be serious injury or death combined with a large loss of personal property. Both I and the criminal would be responsible for what happened to me, except that his responsibility would be criminal as well as personal. Mine would only per personal. We both would suffer consequences. Mine would be natural consequences. His consequences (we hope) would be logical consequences, aka criminal penalties.

eye95

Better yet...

"I want you to assume that you are 100 percent responsible for everything that goes on in your life—good or bad.”
— Dr. Phil

That's the best gotcha on this site in years. Way to turn the tables on someone making a poorly chosen jab.

Who was responsible for your wildly successful retort? Him for setting himself up, or you for knocking him down?

Anonymouse

Who was responsible for your wildly successful retort? Him for setting himself up, or you for knocking him down?

Definitely me. If you don't know any better, like a young child, and get into a bad situation you are excused from responsibility due to ignorance and youth. At best you get a lesson.

Not his fault, he couldn't have known any better. Lololol :p

He knows now though. Lesson over... :cool:

I jest. Please don't take that the wrong way sir.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Not really. The lack of personal responsibility and the whining that invariably follows it will be the ultimate downfall of this country.

I'd imagine that someone that gets into OC would be someone that held personal responsibility as a moral imperative.

Shrug... You can deny responsibility all you want but responsibility cannot be abdicated sir.

Eleanor Roosevelt said it better than I can.

" One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility."

You choose to go into a bad situation then you must take responsibility for it. Natural selection doesn't make allowances for your silly notions but our gene pool does thank you.

:cool:

So if you're carrying a gun and being completely alert, and get targetted anyway and the criminal outdraws you are you still responsible?

If you can't afford a gun because you're working a miminum wage job and need to support a family are you still responsible for being victimized?

I want to focus on this thought

SNIP You walk in a bad neighborhood at night and get robbed, murdered, raped then it is your fault. Sure, its the criminals fault too but you are as responsible. What are yoy doing there?SNIP

living there? working there? frequenting a business there? you know stuff normal people tend to do when they go somewhere?

SNIP hopefully you learned your lesson SNIP

So if a woman gets abducted and raped (a scenario you provided above) then she needed to be "taught a lesson"? This sounds like you saying you deserved to punched closed fist in the face by your abusive stepfather because you learned a lesson, apparently you seem to have the notion that victims of violent felonies are victimized because they haven't yet learned some kind of lesson. don't lecture me in responsibility, you yourself are displaying classic victim mentality, "I deserved what was coming, and so do these people".

I standby my original statement.

you need help. Eye95 is just stubborn, he says non-sensical things to everyone, I think you actually have a problem.

Anonymouse

So if you're carrying a gun and being completely alert, and get targetted anyway and the criminal outdraws you are you still responsible?

Yes.

If you can't afford a gun because you're working a miminum wage job and need to support a family are you still responsible for being victimized?

Why do you have a minimum wage job AND a family? Poor choices are your responsibility.

living there? working there? frequenting a business there? you know stuff normal people tend to do when they go somewhere?

Living in, working in or frequenting a bad area is your choice. Your choice your responsibility.

So if a woman gets abducted and raped (a scenario you provided above) then she needed to be "taught a lesson"?

That's not what I said. I said if you put yourself in a bad situation then hopefully you learn your lesson. Like a college girl that goes to a party with a guy she doesn't know and trusts a drink he gives her. Stupid is as stupid does...

You'd think a college student would have critical reading skills...

This sounds like you saying you deserved to punched closed fist in the face by your abusive stepfather because you learned a lesson

1) I did deserve to be punched and I did learn my lesson. A lesson that possibly saved my life.
2) Once again it wasn't abuse. Clearly, like LV you have grown up in a sheltered home. Life will quickly disabuse you of your silly notions.

, apparently you seem to have the notion that victims of violent felonies are victimized because they haven't yet learned some kind of lesson.

Did I say all victims of violent felonies? I clearly stipulated putting yourself in bad situations.

don't lecture me in responsibility, you yourself are displaying classic victim mentality, "I deserved what was coming, and so do these people".

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

I standby my original statement.

you need help. Eye95 is just stubborn, he says non-sensical things to everyone, I think you actually have a problem.

I think you need to actually live before making judgements.

You sound like someone that has never actually had something bad happen to them.

Naivete is dangerous and sometimes fatal. I suggest getting over that problem before attempting to take on the responsibility of OC'ing or even owning a gun.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eye95

Excuses are a way of avoiding responsibility. You can't control every outcome, but you can influence them, and you can respond to all events in a helpful way. That is what responsibility is. If one uses excuses to avoid responsibility, he ends up being a slave to circumstances and to others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

LV XD9

<snip>
1) I did deserve to be punched and I did learn my lesson. A lesson that possibly saved my life.
2) Once again it wasn't abuse. Clearly, like LV you have grown up in a sheltered home. Life will quickly disabuse you of your silly notions.
<snip>

By your own admission, your childhood was rife with violence/abuse and crime. That you would attempt to use the fact that I was not a juvenile delinquent as an attack against me is sad, but not unexpected.

Anonymouse

By your own admission, your childhood was rife with violence/abuse and crime. That you would attempt to use the fact that I was not a juvenile delinquent as an attack against me is sad, but not unexpected.

I was punched once lolol. Spanking isn't abuse. No matter how many panty wetters try to claim it is.

Most of the violence and crime was my doing... Perhaps the result of my bio father but then the supposed abuse of my step father ended all that. Shrug...

Plus its not an attack. Merely a commentary that your view of the world is incomplete. You don't have enough knowledge to match the authority with which you try to speak. Essentially I am saying that you are full of ****. No reason to get upset.

That you would misrepresent facts to advance some unknown agenda is sad, but not unexpected.

The fact that both you and EMN are deflecting means the argument has been conceded.

If you truly were concerned and considered me a victim you wouldn't be a condescending ***. ;)

Last edited:

LV XD9

I said I was punched once lolol. Spanking isn't abuse. No matter how many panty wetter a claim it is.

That you would misrepresent facts to advance some unknown agenda after getting is sad, but not unexpected.

Did you, or did you not say that your "bio father" beat you? (Hint: you did.)

I've misrepresented nothing.

<snip>My bio father beat me. So I remember what abuse is.<snip>

Being damaged is not a badge of honor. Pretending that you're somehow better off because your childhood was crappy (and that those that didn't share your misfortune are somehow missing out on some critical life experience) is just sad.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Did you, or did you not say that your "bio father" beat you? (Hint: you did.)

I've misrepresented nothing.

Reread my post. I'm on a phone, I have to edit a lot. Note the timing of the edits before assuming erroneously yet again...

I don't deny my Bio father abused me. That's exactly whats on my mothers divorce papers. I deny that the punch was abuse. And the spankings.

Auto correct and not seeing the entire post is a PITA.

But if you think you can catch me in a gotcha... Well I'm sorry but you won't. :cool:

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I've conceded nothing. I think the fact you like to blame people for being victims of crime while refusing to acknowledge you were the victim of a crime says everything I need to know...

LV XD9

Reread my post. I'm on a phone, I have to edit a lot. Note the timing of the edits before assuming erroneously yet again...

I don't deny my Bio father abused me. That's exactly whats on my mothers divorce papers. I deny that the punch was abuse. And the spankings.

Auto correct and not seeing the entire post is a PITA.

But if you think you can catch me in a gotcha... Well I'm sorry but you won't. :cool:

Maybe you should make sure you're finished before hitting the submit button. Otherwise, it's no one's fault but your own if someone replies to what's posted, phone or not.

This is really boring - I'm so over your sad life story. If you hadn't thrown my name out in some sort of pathetic attempt at an attack, I wouldn't have even posted here.

Anonymouse

Re: Who's right? Who's Wrong? Either? Both? None of the abo

I've conceded nothing. I think the fact you like to blame people for being victims of crime while refusing to acknowledge you were the victim of a crime says everything I need to know...

Lolol.

1) I never stated my bio father didn't abuse me. I've also never said I've never been a victim of a crime.

2) technically what my stepfather did was not a crime at the time it happened.

3) you keep trying to play the "blame victims" card. False flag and ludicrous. Victims readily admit culpability WHEN their actions contributed which I stated as a requirement.

You are an intellectually dishonest person and naive. That'll hurt you in the long run.

BTW Moving to ad hominems is a concession of an argument. It is an implicit admission that you have no argument. ;)

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Maybe you should make sure you're finished before hitting the submit button. Otherwise, it's no one's fault but your own if someone replies to what's posted, phone or not.

This is really boring - I'm so over your sad life story. If you hadn't thrown my name out in some sort of pathetic attempt at an attack, I wouldn't have even posted here.

Then why did you. ;) No one cares...

Move along...

I'm sure someone else needs your parenting tips.

BTW I have a great life. :) As much as it contradicts your views.

Last edited:

scott58dh

Think b4 You React

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." :exclaim:
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)

#1- The store clerk shouldn't have opened the door. Up until THAT moment HE was in control of the situation, opening the door removed his First line of defense.
Simple & Appropriate response to deal with an Unruly individual is ....... call 911 !!!
That's what LEO's are paid to do.

#2- To Mr. Alexander Calloway....Think, Think, THINK !!! Was it worth it to ya' ? :banghead:
I can only hope that others will learn from your mistake. You and ONLY You are responsible for YOUR Actions and the results thereof !

#3- Y'all preach Peace, "Let us live peacefully", "Doncha' be gettin' all up in our faces and be tellin' what yous' wants us to do !!!"
Well, for once ,,,,, Try to PRACTICE What YOU Preach !!!

Check this out BRO" !!! "" Some blacks want to make every issue about the "white man" mistreating the "black man.""

:arrow:;[video=youtube;HsSQtxrw7uU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSQtxrw7uU[/video]

Peace & RKBA 4ever !!!