• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First issue with anti gunner in McDonalds

ArmyVet73

I was at McDonalds on 71st and Riverside in Tulsa and was having dinner with my kids in the kid zone while open carrying. I got up to get a different toy for my little girl(5) and the middle eastern guy standing next to me was complaining about a guy with a gun in the playground area. The manager who I had chatted with when I was ordering about my gun and her gun (snickering), where was I? Oh yeah he was complaining and she told him to call corporate and complain and be said don't worry my lawyer will. Lol. I knew about where he was from since I have done a tour in the Army in that part of the world.

Afterward her and I talked again and she said don't worry about it we already called corporate and gave them a heads up! Lol. I thanked her for supporting Open Carry and went about my business. Think I found my next woman in arms! ;-)

Glock 1st fan

I can already hear the phone call. "Hello Mcdonalds my client says you allow your customers to obey the law you must cease and desist immediately with this unacceptable behavior"

metz

i had tags and tittle transfered on my wifes car we bought and went by my insurance company to give them the paper work, iv been with this company for 15 yrs, step up to the door and theres a huge gunbuster sign , so i make a call to the owner and a personal friend and explained to him that it was legal for me to carry and i felt as though he was taking my security away not allowing me to carry in his place..long story short he told me if i or anyone enter his establishment he will trigger the silent alarm and do his best to have me arrested....after all those yrs of being a loyal customer, bringing him customers and even doing carpentry work to his home at a great discount due to his long term sevice and friendship he treats as if i were nothing more than some criminal that would come in and wave my gun around and start making domands..i felt highly disrespected and offended.. and have since started looking for another insurance carrier... but even worse is my wife was speaking to her father (which i have great respect for) about cc and oc, and tells her he doesnt support it because some guy is gonna try and play a hero and walk in some place try and stop a robbery and end up shooting some little girl..< those were his exact words..the ammount of stupidity that spewed from him was massive, before my wife spoke to him about cc and oc, he had NO CLUE THAT ANYONE OUTSIDE OF LEO COULD CARRY...WTF... and then makes a statment that it would end with a child being shot...i was speechless and honestly dont know how i will react next time we go visit them...but im sure it wont end with some kid being shot..

jrz_dad

i had tags and tittle transfered on my wifes car we bought and went by my insurance company to give them the paper work, iv been with this company for 15 yrs, step up to the door and theres a huge gunbuster sign , so i make a call to the owner and a personal friend and explained to him that it was legal for me to carry and i felt as though he was taking my security away not allowing me to carry in his place..long story short he told me if i or anyone enter his establishment he will trigger the silent alarm and do his best to have me arrested....after all those yrs of being a loyal customer, bringing him customers and even doing carpentry work to his home at a great discount due to his long term sevice and friendship he treats as if i were nothing more than some criminal that would come in and wave my gun around and start making domands..i felt highly disrespected and offended.. and have since started looking for another insurance carrier... but even worse is my wife was speaking to her father (which i have great respect for) about cc and oc, and tells her he doesnt support it because some guy is gonna try and play a hero and walk in some place try and stop a robbery and end up shooting some little girl..< those were his exact words..the ammount of stupidity that spewed from him was massive, before my wife spoke to him about cc and oc, he had NO CLUE THAT ANYONE OUTSIDE OF LEO COULD CARRY...WTF... and then makes a statment that it would end with a child being shot...i was speechless and honestly dont know how i will react next time we go visit them...but im sure it wont end with some kid being shot..

The bottom line here is: "You cant fix stupid"...all you can do is state the facts as calmly as you can if it should come up again during a family meeting or get together. (I'd be more concerned about how he will act when you come over to visit and are OC)...Anyway, it probably wont do any good with closed minded people...especially family who cannot see past their noses...so just love them for who they are and accept that you cant change their minds. However, just keep preaching the gospel on CC and OC...

metz

The bottom line here is: "You cant fix stupid"...all you can do is state the facts as calmly as you can if it should come up again during a family meeting or get together. (I'd be more concerned about how he will act when you come over to visit and are OC)...Anyway, it probably wont do any good with closed minded people...especially family who cannot see past their noses...so just love them for who they are and accept that you cant change their minds. However, just keep preaching the gospel on CC and OC...

i plan on oc next time we visit and if he will allow i will inform him imo of how he has the wrong opinion on the matter. hopefully with the info i give him he will maybe change his mind, if not it will always be awkward on family outings and home visits knowing he doesnt aprove, sometimes it takes a little preaching to convince them , sometimes it takes a actual event where there life was in danger before they relize its not a bad thing, either way hes a good hearted person with a opinion that i dont agree with but that wouldnt stop me from putting myself in the line of fire for him or his wife

davidmcbeth

Banned
i had tags and tittle transfered on my wifes car we bought and went by my insurance company to give them the paper work, iv been with this company for 15 yrs, step up to the door and theres a huge gunbuster sign ,.

Tell him to come out to the parking lot or on the curb to discuss ... he cannot control the curb, so he cannot any longer complain, right?

Tell that guy who thinks shooting a little girl is bad to start taking guns away from cops (I'm sure a little girl was hit by a cop at some point in time). Then he'll shut up.

Last edited:

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
Tell him to come out to the parking lot or on the curb to discuss ... he cannot control the curb, so he cannot any longer complain, right?

Tell that guy who thinks shooting a little girl is bad to start taking guns away from cops (I'm sure a little girl was hit by a cop at some point in time). Then he'll shut up.

It's a well-known fact that more LEO's bullets miss their mark than LAC's.

MKEgal

metz said:
i plan on oc next time we visit and if he will allow i will inform him imo of how he has the wrong opinion on the matter. hopefully with the info i give him he will maybe change his mind... sometimes it takes a little preaching to convince them
Preaching or presenting facts will rarely work on the emotion-driven anti-rights person.
You have to (to some degree) stoop to their level.
Read this article, written by a psychiatrist, which discusses the problems they have & suggests ways to overcome those problems.
Basically, he thinks that if he had a gun & was in an emergency situation, he wouldn't have enough control & he'd hit a child. You have to ask questions and let him figure out on his own that he's being irrational.

Glock 1st fan

I may be a little more on the side of the licensed carrier then most of my LEO co-workers but Ill go ahead and give me 2 cents.

I have trained both in the Law Enforcement capacity and with civilians in multiple rolls and more recently I became a firearms instructor in which I have had the opportunity to see people come in and want to learn. As a society what we have to remember is up until recently the firearm was seen as evil and dangerous. So many parent through out the decades opted to scare the living Jesus out of their children and as a result most people grew up thinking firearms would be like a snake and would bite if you were in the same room.

I have witnessed elderly ladies come in and they wanted to learn about guns because they feared being alone and 90 years old but they were in fact deathly afraid of firearms. One thing I have noticed after working with these elderly ladies and the many of younger folks that come in wanting to learn is they progress a little slower then most experienced shooters but they do progress. Starting them out with simulation firearms so they can get their experience and know what to expect in feel.

Secondly working with them we would get BB Guns that utilize CO2 that simulates the blow back of firearms and the workings of the firearms. In time most all of them always make it up to shooting real firearms.

Now one thing most all of them say after completeing the courses is they all agree that they were alot more relieved to see that the firearm itself is completely harmless when maintained. You can load a firearm and put it on a shelf and walk around it. You can jump up and down around it and basicly do anything and everything you want in life around the firearm and know it will never go off until there is a finger in the trigger guard.

Even the older firearms which would go off if dropped has been phased away (Though I dont recommend trying to test this) and most have multiple internal devices that prevent even a dropped firearm from discharging.

People are slow to accept that what mom and dad taught them years ago was out of fear and nothing more. You cant change their views alot of times just as they can not change yours.

I guess in some ways I am more laid back then most of my civilian carriers since I have open carried now for 17 years in my line of work but I can tell you is things are changing for firearms like they do everything else in life.

People fear change is all and nothing more. Give it some time and things will slowly began to fade in to the history books for all the nonsense that went along with the addition of the new law and no one will ever give it a second thought.

Keylock

In order to overcome fear one must be willing to learn. The folks you work with seem to want to overcome their fear. Kudos to them.

I don't think most anti-gun types have a desire to learn the facts or truth. For them it's about control and their love of statism. Government is their weapon of choice. They haven't got the guts to take our firearms, thus they attempt to use government to disarm us. If it can't be done with unconstitutional laws, then use force which the .gov holds a monopoly on.

I'm not so sure I care to educate idiot business owners and managers anymore about the problem being criminals and not law abiding firearms owners. I'm willing to let them have their gun free zones. And I'll do business elsewhere or online.

lmorganh

but even worse is my wife was speaking to her father (which i have great respect for) about cc and oc, and tells her he doesnt support it because some guy is gonna try and play a hero and walk in some place try and stop a robbery and end up shooting some little girl..< those were his exact words..the ammount of stupidity that spewed from him was massive, before my wife spoke to him about cc and oc, he had NO CLUE THAT ANYONE OUTSIDE OF LEO COULD CARRY...WTF... and then makes a statment that it would end with a child being shot...i was speechless and honestly dont know how i will react next time we go visit them...but im sure it wont end with some kid being shot..

I had this discussion with my grandparents this year. They are very afraid of firearms but they have come to accept the fact that I do carry and are willing to let me do so in their house. I have answered many questions for them and have eased their concerns about me carrying a little. They know why I do. But as I have seen stated in a previous note on here, it is mostly out of fear that has been in them forever.

metz

hello, since my last post about my father inlaws anti gun views, i'v since returned with my wife for a visit(i was oc'ing) her father ,step mom, and sister were all present. their were no comments reffering to my weapon being in plain view nor any discussion about the past disagreement( mainly due to me promising my wife i wouldnt cause a disturbance this close to the holidays), we had a nice visit, and as i walked to the car to heat it up i noticed my wifes sister grabbed her arm and kept her inside while i left out, after she came out and we procedded to leave she told me her sister and step mom ganged up on her about the gun i had , she informed them why i carried and that she to after the correct training was goin to be a ccl holder to which they greatly objected..their whole argument was this and i quote..why would u need or even want a gun?, its stupid, ..what do u plan on shooting someone?..u never needed it before what makes u think u will need it now?..end quote.....even after the second explanation from her about self defence, in their eyes leo are the only ones that should be aloud to have weapons...all i have to say is im very disapointed and feel much more distant from them now..there family and i love them but its just uncomfterble knowing they dont aprove of what im doing as well as them thinking im leading their daughter my wife in harms way by being pro gun. i dont know how/what to do/say for them to understand that what were doing is not wrong or dangerous. imo i fell safer when im carry'ing, were never completely safe but i fell that if a incident were to happen , with my primary weapon , backup weapon,a can of oc spray and being trained in weapons retention i have a lot better chance than most others do

ArmyVet73

hello, since my last post about my father inlaws anti gun views, i'v since returned with my wife for a visit(i was oc'ing) her father ,step mom, and sister were all present. their were no comments reffering to my weapon being in plain view nor any discussion about the past disagreement( mainly due to me promising my wife i wouldnt cause a disturbance this close to the holidays), we had a nice visit, and as i walked to the car to heat it up i noticed my wifes sister grabbed her arm and kept her inside while i left out, after she came out and we procedded to leave she told me her sister and step mom ganged up on her about the gun i had , she informed them why i carried and that she to after the correct training was goin to be a ccl holder to which they greatly objected..their whole argument was this and i quote..why would u need or even want a gun?, its stupid, ..what do u plan on shooting someone?..u never needed it before what makes u think u will need it now?..end quote.....even after the second explanation from her about self defence, in their eyes leo are the only ones that should be aloud to have weapons...all i have to say is im very disapointed and feel much more distant from them now..there family and i love them but its just uncomfterble knowing they dont aprove of what im doing as well as them thinking im leading their daughter my wife in harms way by being pro gun. i dont know how/what to do/say for them to understand that what were doing is not wrong or dangerous. imo i fell safer when im carry'ing, were never completely safe but i fell that if a incident were to happen , with my primary weapon , backup weapon,a can of oc spray and being trained in weapons retention i have a lot better chance than most others do

Ya that's really too bad that they don't understand that LEO's are only gonna be there to take statements and clean up the dead bodies after something goes down. It's a real shame that people have let the gov put this kind of thought in their heads that it's not ok to have guns and that they are bad. It makes me sick to know how far off out country has gone down the crapper as to completely forget about our contitutional rights let the criminals and gov take over out lives and neighborhoods. It will only take something drastic to happen to change peoples minds that we are armed to protect ourselves, loved ones and the general population from bad guys and tyrannical gov called the 2nd Amendment. Carry often and open everywhere like I do and don't let the anti's change your mind about doing so. A right not excersised is a right lost and that's what it's come down to with the ignorance of others.:banghead: