• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Dakota Open Carry (SDOC) Please join our Nation-wide Boycott of AutoZone

adam_SDOCsiouxfalls

*** update****

***** Autozone Boycott Update******

On 12-5-2012 I recieved a Reply/Official Statement on behalf of Autozone to our boycott on the BoycottOwl.com Website from a Mr. John Cazadero (John.Cazadero@autozone.com) This statement using very strong words againstgun owners and the 2nd Amendment in general. I decided to Contact Autozone corporate headquarters in Memphis, TN. I finally was able to speak w
ith the secretary of Autozone CEO William Rhodes III after several days of getting the run-a-round and transfered to security several times. Mrs. Jean Stuckey was very helpful and put me in touch with Mr. Ray Pohlman head of Autozone Community Relations Dept. Mr. Pohlman checked their system and found No one working for Autozone with that name ither at Corporate or ANY store locations Nation wide, and that this person is not Authorized to speak on behalf of Autozone. I asked him if he would then like to take this opportunity to make a statement in reguards to our Boycott and Mr. Devin McClean. He said he would e-mail me an internal document that Corporate released to all Autozone management this past Friday on this incident with Mr. Devin McClean. I thanked him for his time and he did indeed send me this document thou it does not address any of the boycott demands. Attached is that Document txt.

Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 2:53 PM
Subject: Store Safety

Store Safety

To: Field Sales and Operations, District Managers, Store Management (Bcc’d)
Cc: Ray Pohlman, Trina Poquette (Bcc’d)

The safety of our AutoZoners and our customers is AutoZone’s first concern. That is why AutoZone, like most national retailers, forbids employees from bringing weapons into the workplace.

You may have heard about a recent incident in one of our stores where an AutoZoner was terminated for violating our company’s long- standing weapons policy. The outcome in this incident did not result in harm to either AutoZoners or customers. Unfortunately, there have been similar situations where employees have introduced weapons in the workplace and somebody was injured.

That is why most law enforcement officials and safety experts agree that confrontation of criminal suspects increases the risk of harm to employees and customers.

There is no amount of money in the cash register or merchandise in our stores that is worth more than your safety and the safety of our customers.

You have been trained on how to react should you find yourself in a robbery situation. Give the robbers what they want. Stay calm. Be observant of physical appearance, distinguishing marks and clothing -- anything that can help police identify and apprehend the suspect.

Our goal is to keep you safe at work and offer a safe shopping environment for our customers.

We understand you may have questions, so please don’t hesitate to ask your manager or district manager. In addition, you can always refer to the Handbook.

Sincerely,

Store Communications

[END]

This Boycott will continue until Autozone addresses the demands of the Boycott.

Adam Turner

President
South Dakota Open Carry (SDOC)
Sioux Falls,SD

Lasjayhawk

Some AutoZone Dude wrote
You have been trained on how to react should you find yourself in a robbery situation. Give the robbers what they want. Stay calm. Be observant of physical appearance, distinguishing marks and clothing -- anything that can help police identify and apprehend the suspect.

That is pretty much what we told pilots to do about hijackers pre 9/11. That worked out real spiffy, don't you think?

Last edited: