• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rules question?

EMNofSeattle

So I know unless your state bans pistol OC then long gun OC is off topic, even in the social lounge,

but is it acceptable to discuss long guns or participating in long gun sports such as skeet shooting in the social lounge as long as the thread is not discussing the actual carry of said weapons in public, merely discussing the long arm or event itself?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So I know unless your state bans pistol OC then long gun OC is off topic, even in the social lounge,

but is it acceptable to discuss long guns or participating in long gun sports such as skeet shooting in the social lounge as long as the thread is not discussing the actual carry of said weapons in public, merely discussing the long arm or event itself?

Such sporting events specific to an individual state may be posted in the appropriate state sub-forum.

Those of a more general (not state specific) nature will fit into the requirements for General Discussion/RKBA issues.

You are correct in that actually encouraging the carry of long guns in public is beyond the tenants of OCDO, except as the Rules allow.