• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another stupid person with a gun, another stupid reporter, the same stupid DA

MKEgal

The article is titled:
Couple With Automatic Handgun Try to Stop Car From Being Towed
They saw their car supposedly being repossessed (someone hooking it up to a tow truck),
ran out to try to stop him,
including the male of the couple pointing a gun at the driver and getting into the car while holding that gun.

They're stupid for obvious reasons.
The reporter is also stupid for obvious reasons (it's highly unlikely to actually be an automatic pistol). And their fact-checkers need some training.
The Waukesha county DA is still being stupid about charging anyone with a gun in a car with ccw.

First the guy on the freeway, the texting road rage thing,
now this moron.
Both being charged with ccw for having a gun in the car.

We need to get that law clarified ASAP, before anyone else is harmed.
Even charging someone is harmful - the stress, expense.
And when the charge is dismissed, there's no way to get that money back from the people who wrongfully charged you, even though they knew you weren't doing anything wrong. Abuse of power, malfeasance in office, yet nothing can be done.

Yetiman

The deputy found a loaded .38 caliber automatic handgun

"The deputy found a loaded .38 caliber automatic handgun with Degaro at the time."

A .38 super maybe.. but really ? Pretty uncommon caliber.

This is from August 31st ?
Looking on WCCA.WI.COURTS.GOV The charges against 'Ricky' were read in but dismissed back in September.

Funny how charges were dismissed, yet "Forfeiture / Fine : Cash bail applied to fine, paid in full ($465.50). Balance refunded to poster." Why is there a fine if charges were dismissed?

And... "Other Sentence : Weapon originally confiscated to be forfeited."

It doesn't say who his attorney was, so chances are...

The woman pleaded no contest to her Disorderly charge.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Funny how charges were dismissed, yet "Forfeiture / Fine : Cash bail applied to fine, paid in full ($465.50). Balance refunded to poster." Why is there a fine if charges were dismissed?

Plea bargain? Charges available for reinstatement if the accused misbehaves within a set period of time?

EMNofSeattle

to stop a tow truck driver from repossessing their car while one of them was holding a automatic handgun.

So the couple was just walking around holding their automatic handgun while the repossession took place? "A" automatic handgun? Don't they mean "AN" automatic handgun?

I guess proper grammar is no longer a requirement for journalism anymore.

they said "38 caliber automatic pistol" my first thought was, where did they find John Dillinger's converted fully automatic .38 super 1911?
1911full-tfb.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
these reporters are allegedly college educated and they are supposed to be better informed than the general public, continually seeing mistakes like this lowers my hope for the US surviving the actions of its idiots even more!

Mark Twain's apt admonition to youth, "Don't let schooling get in the way of your education."