• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Colorado Springs Co

Scott76

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Hi everyone,

I finally bought my first pistol a few days ago, and have been researching open / conceal carry in colorado. It's legal in colorado springs to open carry, but I'm a little nervous about testing the water so to speak at businesses. Although I know for a fact it's legal for me to open carry in public, and in my car. My real question is, "Does anyone here have experience open carrying in businesses in colorado springs?" I'll name some business I frequent, and I'd like to know if anyone has open carried without/with issue at these places.

Walmart
Target
5 Guys Burgers
Barnes and Noble
Chapel Hills Mall
Ross Dress for less
TJ Maxx
King Supers
Albertsons

(I've been actively looking for posted signs but haven't seen a single one yet)

Please list no carry establishments if you know of any.

Today is the first day I've tried open carry, but haven't gone into any businesses carrying. I heard Walmart doesn't restrict gun rights as a corporate policy, not sure if that's true.

Scott76... new gun owner

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Welcome to OCDO. Go to the CO sub-forum, research there. After your research is done, then post any questions not answered.

Beau

Hi everyone,

I finally bought my first pistol a few days ago, and have been researching open / conceal carry in colorado. It's legal in colorado springs to open carry, but I'm a little nervous about testing the water so to speak at businesses. Although I know for a fact it's legal for me to open carry in public, and in my car. My real question is, "Does anyone here have experience open carrying in businesses in colorado springs?" I'll name some business I frequent, and I'd like to know if anyone has open carried without/with issue at these places.

Walmart
Target
5 Guys Burgers
Barnes and Noble
Chapel Hills Mall
Ross Dress for less
TJ Maxx
King Supers
Albertsons

(I've been actively looking for posted signs but haven't seen a single one yet)

Please list no carry establishments if you know of any.

Today is the first day I've tried open carry, but haven't gone into any businesses carrying. I heard Walmart doesn't restrict gun rights as a corporate policy, not sure if that's true.

Scott76... new gun owner

I've OC'd in the springs. Most malls are anti-carry so I don't even bother going to them. Even if a place has stated they allow carry, like Wal-Mart, you may run into an employee or manager that wants to enforce their own rules. If that happens you should leave if asked to do so. You can take it up with management or corporate after the fact.

Welcome to OCDO and be sure to post in the Colorado forum.

jbess

Walmart
Target
5 Guys Burgers
Barnes and Noble
Chapel Hills Mall
Ross Dress for less
TJ Maxx
King Supers
Albertsons

The malls in the springs do not allow you to carry weapons. They are on the banned business list of rmgo.org (http://www.rmgo.org/reported-merchants). I've never had issues in Walmart, or any grocery store. Check the rest of the lists on rmgo.org, and read up on their banning business program (http://www.rmgo.org/firearms/concealed-carry/banning-businesses). If you any other questions specific to Colorado, there is a sub-forum for our state that would be more appropriate, and get answers faster: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?89-Colorado