Thread: Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral

Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FirearmsWelcome3x4.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	9622A recent news story "Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral" has helped push the 2nd Amendment rights of Business Owners, specially after the Theater Shootings and now after the elections. As gun sales have gone through the roof, so are people wanting to protect their rights to carry and own. Help spread this great story and support the Firearms Welcome movement by purchasing these great stickers, which by the way you can order for .99 cents.

These are high quality vinyl outdoor stickers that can be put right on your front door or purchase as a gift for your favorite business. Business owners are saying that they actually help business!

Order Firearms Welcome Stickers Here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-01-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Edited link

Good post, Thanks!
    watch your top knot !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHillsToday View Post
    A recent news story "Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral" has helped push the 2nd Amendment rights of Business Owners, specially after the Theater Shootings and now after the elections. As gun sales have gone through the roof, so are people wanting to protect their rights to carry and own. Help spread this great story and support the Firearms Welcome movement by purchasing these great stickers, which by the way you can order for .99 cents.

These are high quality vinyl outdoor stickers that can be put right on your front door or purchase as a gift for your favorite business. Business owners are saying that they actually help business!
    Quoting your site hardly seems exactly newsworthy.

While OCDO does allow links to sites that offer RKBA goods, yours would seem to be offer a good deal more than that and beyond the intent of this forum. Perhaps you can modify the link so that only those items specifically associated with RKBA are so included. As I see it, there is considerable spam there.

Also, please review our Forum Rules, as posting the same information on multiple threads is considered spamming.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I do think that this was spam, and I really resent the way he presents his post as news, when it is clearly advertising. That kind of insults the intelligence of the folks on a site that averages well above the general population in intelligence.

That being said, I love the product. I wish I worked some place that invited lawful carry. Unfortunately, we only sell guns; ironically, we don't allow their possession.

Caution: Shipping is $0.50 for one or for 100. So, if you buy one, it is $1.49. If you buy 100, each one is $0.995.

This was originally posted to Hot Topics, not exactly in keeping with our standards.

Moved it to General Discussions and have decided to edit the "Press Release" as providing a self-promoting link to advertise items far beyond the scope of OCDO.

The stickers are interesting and may prove of some value to others. Caution: We do not condone placing such on the property of others w/o their express permission.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    This was originally posted to Hot Topics, not exactly in keeping with our standards.

Moved it to General Discussions and have decided to edit the "Press Release" as providing a self-promoting link to advertise items far beyond the scope of OCDO.

The stickers are interesting and may prove of some value to others. Caution: We do not condone placing such on the property of others w/o their express permission.
    So you are saying that you do not recommend that we overlay gunbuster signs with these stickers? Party pooper.

Banned
    Caution: We do not condone placing such on the property of others w/o their express permission.
    But you don't ban it

Put one on Feinstein's car ...

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    So you are saying that you do not recommend that we overlay gunbuster signs with these stickers? Party pooper.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    But you don't ban it

Put one on Feinstein's car ...
    Do so "in your dreams" as often as you like.

Here is a site that you can get that sticker plus many more "Guns Allowed" designs in everything from 5"x7" Magnetic signs all the way to 28"x20" Aluminum signs. I believe I originally got that link from this Forum but I cannot find the thread to link to it.
    Last edited by markush; 12-02-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Also found these for $1.00 each.

Buckeye Firearms Association is now selling window decals.

Only $10 for 10!
    BFA now sells only a generic version - so they are no longer Ohio-centric and can be displayed in any Free state.

http://www.nunya.net/signage

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Good post, Thanks!
    Boy, is my face red! I saw he had two posts and figured I'd make him feel more welcome. Oh well. I'd like to see the source of the "recent news story" that talked about these going viral.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Boy, is my face red! I saw he had two posts and figured I'd make him feel more welcome. Oh well. I'd like to see the source of the "recent news story" that talked about these going viral.
    The fault is not yours.

PM sent.

Banned
    Do so "in your dreams" as often as you like.
    Not that I support putting stickers on peoples cars who don't want it .. I think the Sen. would want it...after all she said she supports the 2nd amendment..

Hard to do? I think it would be rather easy really ...

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I do think that this was spam, and I really resent the way he presents his post as news, when it is clearly advertising. That kind of insults the intelligence of the folks on a site that averages well above the general population in intelligence..........
    I completely agree, and it appears he created his account just to spam the site, adding to the insult.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Where's the integrity?

Save the sales pitch and find some decency.

It's bad enough we have to deal with it everywhere else. I've always considered this website to be a haven from this type of thing.

Thanks to everyone that works to keep this site honorable and free of this type of intrusion.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Save the sales pitch and find some decency.

It's bad enough we have to deal with it everywhere else. I've always considered this website to be a haven from this type of thing.

Thanks to everyone that works to keep this site honorable and free of this type of intrusion.
    The administration has a full time staff dedicated to preventing and the removal of spam and spammers.

The administration has a full time staff dedicated to preventing and the removal of spam and spammers.
    I agree that the manner in which this/these were posted is spam. HOWEVER, this site has no dedicated sub-forum for posting goods for sale. I'm on many other forums, and they all have a "Classifieds" sub-forum, both for goods related to the site subject, and those not related. I've bought and sold many things for good prices using these. They're a great way to help each-other out, and IMO a bit safer than Craigslist or something, since we have access to their history to know the type of person they are. I think this would be a great addition to this site and it should be seriously considered.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    I agree that the manner in which this/these were posted is spam. HOWEVER, this site has no dedicated sub-forum for posting goods for sale. I'm on many other forums, and they all have a "Classifieds" sub-forum, both for goods related to the site subject, and those not related. I've bought and sold many things for good prices using these. They're a great way to help each-other out, and IMO a bit safer than Craigslist or something, since we have access to their history to know the type of person they are. I think this would be a great addition to this site and it should be seriously considered.
    I do not speak for the site owners personally, but rather as an observer and interpreter of the Forum Rules and see that they did consider that in formulating rule #10, wherein a reasoned response is given. The bolded part of that rule says it all though: WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS. One cannot have reached that decision w/o considering the other possibilities.

It is not an exception to that premise to sell space for banner ads and such to permit the off set of expenses. Some sites offer premium membership to avoid the advertisement - in our case that would be self-defeating as there is much perceived benefit to the user/members through the advertisement of products germane to our interests and goals.

On OCDO all readers share equally the ability to read everything posted - there are no "Members Only" sub-forums. Keep in mind that we are a publicly read forum - registration is only required to post and reply. Non registered readers exceed by far at any given time those that have actually signed up. We enjoy the benefits of "belonging" to the site every time anyone chooses to "click" on an approved advertiser.

OCDO provides a unique home for a wide range of participants from dedicated OC activists to the just curious and learning about OC/RKBA. I for one would not want to see a thing changed unless it made OCDO stronger and more effective.

I do not speak for the site owners personally, but rather as an observer and interpreter of the Forum Rules and see that they did consider that in formulating rule #10, wherein a reasoned response is given. The bolded part of that rule says it all though: WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS. One cannot have reached that decision w/o considering the other possibilities.

It is not an exception to that premise to sell space for banner ads and such to permit the off set of expenses. Some sites offer premium membership to avoid the advertisement - in our case that would be self-defeating as there is much perceived benefit to the user/members through the advertisement of products germane to our interests and goals.

On OCDO all readers share equally the ability to read everything posted - there are no "Members Only" sub-forums. Keep in mind that we are a publicly read forum - registration is only required to post and reply. Non registered readers exceed by far at any given time those that have actually signed up. We enjoy the benefits of "belonging" to the site every time anyone chooses to "click" on an approved advertiser.

OCDO provides a unique home for a wide range of participants from dedicated OC activists to the just curious and learning about OC/RKBA. I for one would not want to see a thing changed unless it made OCDO stronger and more effective.
    Admittedly I don't know all that much about the specific rules regarding Google Ads, but how I understood it was that they don't want anybody else paying the site to advertise separately, nor did they want an actual point of sale to be operated from the website. I understood it as a "Classified" forum would be OK since the actual sale/purchase/transaction is not taking place on the site, but rather simply being arranged. The actual transaction would be accomplished via something like PayPal or something.

Again, I'm far from an expert on it, and they very well could have changed their rules since I read them last. Oh well, no biggie. Just throwing out the idea.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...