• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral

BlackHillsToday

FirearmsWelcome3x4.jpgA recent news story "Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral" has helped push the 2nd Amendment rights of Business Owners, specially after the Theater Shootings and now after the elections. As gun sales have gone through the roof, so are people wanting to protect their rights to carry and own. Help spread this great story and support the Firearms Welcome movement by purchasing these great stickers, which by the way you can order for .99 cents.

These are high quality vinyl outdoor stickers that can be put right on your front door or purchase as a gift for your favorite business. Business owners are saying that they actually help business!

Order Firearms Welcome Stickers Here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A recent news story "Firearms Welcome Stickers Go Viral" has helped push the 2nd Amendment rights of Business Owners, specially after the Theater Shootings and now after the elections. As gun sales have gone through the roof, so are people wanting to protect their rights to carry and own. Help spread this great story and support the Firearms Welcome movement by purchasing these great stickers, which by the way you can order for .99 cents.

These are high quality vinyl outdoor stickers that can be put right on your front door or purchase as a gift for your favorite business. Business owners are saying that they actually help business!

Quoting your site hardly seems exactly newsworthy.

While OCDO does allow links to sites that offer RKBA goods, yours would seem to be offer a good deal more than that and beyond the intent of this forum. Perhaps you can modify the link so that only those items specifically associated with RKBA are so included. As I see it, there is considerable spam there.

Also, please review our Forum Rules, as posting the same information on multiple threads is considered spamming.

eye95

I do think that this was spam, and I really resent the way he presents his post as news, when it is clearly advertising. That kind of insults the intelligence of the folks on a site that averages well above the general population in intelligence.

That being said, I love the product. I wish I worked some place that invited lawful carry. Unfortunately, we only sell guns; ironically, we don't allow their possession.

Caution: Shipping is $0.50 for one or for 100. So, if you buy one, it is $1.49. If you buy 100, each one is $0.995.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This was originally posted to Hot Topics, not exactly in keeping with our standards.

Moved it to General Discussions and have decided to edit the "Press Release" as providing a self-promoting link to advertise items far beyond the scope of OCDO.

The stickers are interesting and may prove of some value to others. Caution: We do not condone placing such on the property of others w/o their express permission.

eye95

This was originally posted to Hot Topics, not exactly in keeping with our standards.

Moved it to General Discussions and have decided to edit the "Press Release" as providing a self-promoting link to advertise items far beyond the scope of OCDO.

The stickers are interesting and may prove of some value to others. Caution: We do not condone placing such on the property of others w/o their express permission.

So you are saying that you do not recommend that we overlay gunbuster signs with these stickers? Party pooper. :p

markush

Here is a site that you can get that sticker plus many more "Guns Allowed" designs in everything from 5"x7" Magnetic signs all the way to 28"x20" Aluminum signs. I believe I originally got that link from this Forum but I cannot find the thread to link to it.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Boy, is my face red! I saw he had two posts and figured I'd make him feel more welcome. Oh well. I'd like to see the source of the "recent news story" that talked about these going viral.

The fault is not yours.

PM sent.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Do so "in your dreams" as often as you like. :lol:

Not that I support putting stickers on peoples cars who don't want it .. I think the Sen. would want it...after all she said she supports the 2nd amendment..

Hard to do? I think it would be rather easy really ...

END_THE_FED

I do think that this was spam, and I really resent the way he presents his post as news, when it is clearly advertising. That kind of insults the intelligence of the folks on a site that averages well above the general population in intelligence..........

I completely agree, and it appears he created his account just to spam the site, adding to the insult.

Malcolm

Where's the integrity?

Save the sales pitch and find some decency.

It's bad enough we have to deal with it everywhere else. I've always considered this website to be a haven from this type of thing.

Thanks to everyone that works to keep this site honorable and free of this type of intrusion.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Save the sales pitch and find some decency.

It's bad enough we have to deal with it everywhere else. I've always considered this website to be a haven from this type of thing.

Thanks to everyone that works to keep this site honorable and free of this type of intrusion.

The administration has a full time staff dedicated to preventing and the removal of spam and spammers. :lol:

HighFlyingA380

The administration has a full time staff dedicated to preventing and the removal of spam and spammers. :lol:
I agree that the manner in which this/these were posted is spam. HOWEVER, this site has no dedicated sub-forum for posting goods for sale. I'm on many other forums, and they all have a "Classifieds" sub-forum, both for goods related to the site subject, and those not related. I've bought and sold many things for good prices using these. They're a great way to help each-other out, and IMO a bit safer than Craigslist or something, since we have access to their history to know the type of person they are. I think this would be a great addition to this site and it should be seriously considered.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree that the manner in which this/these were posted is spam. HOWEVER, this site has no dedicated sub-forum for posting goods for sale. I'm on many other forums, and they all have a "Classifieds" sub-forum, both for goods related to the site subject, and those not related. I've bought and sold many things for good prices using these. They're a great way to help each-other out, and IMO a bit safer than Craigslist or something, since we have access to their history to know the type of person they are. I think this would be a great addition to this site and it should be seriously considered.

I do not speak for the site owners personally, but rather as an observer and interpreter of the Forum Rules and see that they did consider that in formulating rule #10, wherein a reasoned response is given. The bolded part of that rule says it all though: WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS. One cannot have reached that decision w/o considering the other possibilities.

It is not an exception to that premise to sell space for banner ads and such to permit the off set of expenses. Some sites offer premium membership to avoid the advertisement - in our case that would be self-defeating as there is much perceived benefit to the user/members through the advertisement of products germane to our interests and goals.

On OCDO all readers share equally the ability to read everything posted - there are no "Members Only" sub-forums. Keep in mind that we are a publicly read forum - registration is only required to post and reply. Non registered readers exceed by far at any given time those that have actually signed up. We enjoy the benefits of "belonging" to the site every time anyone chooses to "click" on an approved advertiser.

OCDO provides a unique home for a wide range of participants from dedicated OC activists to the just curious and learning about OC/RKBA. I for one would not want to see a thing changed unless it made OCDO stronger and more effective.

HighFlyingA380

I do not speak for the site owners personally, but rather as an observer and interpreter of the Forum Rules and see that they did consider that in formulating rule #10, wherein a reasoned response is given. The bolded part of that rule says it all though: WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS. One cannot have reached that decision w/o considering the other possibilities.

It is not an exception to that premise to sell space for banner ads and such to permit the off set of expenses. Some sites offer premium membership to avoid the advertisement - in our case that would be self-defeating as there is much perceived benefit to the user/members through the advertisement of products germane to our interests and goals.

On OCDO all readers share equally the ability to read everything posted - there are no "Members Only" sub-forums. Keep in mind that we are a publicly read forum - registration is only required to post and reply. Non registered readers exceed by far at any given time those that have actually signed up. We enjoy the benefits of "belonging" to the site every time anyone chooses to "click" on an approved advertiser.

OCDO provides a unique home for a wide range of participants from dedicated OC activists to the just curious and learning about OC/RKBA. I for one would not want to see a thing changed unless it made OCDO stronger and more effective.
Admittedly I don't know all that much about the specific rules regarding Google Ads, but how I understood it was that they don't want anybody else paying the site to advertise separately, nor did they want an actual point of sale to be operated from the website. I understood it as a "Classified" forum would be OK since the actual sale/purchase/transaction is not taking place on the site, but rather simply being arranged. The actual transaction would be accomplished via something like PayPal or something.

Again, I'm far from an expert on it, and they very well could have changed their rules since I read them last. Oh well, no biggie. Just throwing out the idea.