Thread: My trip to Arizona and Sky Harbor International

Founder's Club Member
    , ,

My trip to Arizona and Sky Harbor International

So, again I travelled to AZ for a week. I drove, but I had to pick my mother in law up at Phoenix Sky Harbor. I went inside the airport to the luggage carousel area and open carried for about 20 minutes. While a cop on a bycicle inside the arrival area saw me and rode by me a couple times he never talked to me and everybody went about their business as they should. I carried very visibly my G17. The whole week I was in the Scottsdale area and also went to Sedona and the Grand Cannyons. Except in alcohol serving establishments I open carried the whole time without any incidents. I love Arizona and I want to move in the hilly area North East of North Scottsdale. Anyone familiar with that area?

Tempe Az

Glad you like AZ

Thats a wonderful area ! Kind of pricey

Secret Bunker
    Quote Originally Posted by alinphx View Post
    Thats a wonderful area ! Kind of pricey
    ^^^ this. Cave Creek & Carefree are both very, very nice towns. Not many open carriers that I've seen.

Above link will give you an idea of the happenings in the area.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 12-08-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: ETA
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Prescott, Arizona, USA
    I'm glad you had an uneventful open carry visit. AZ is very OC friendly by-and-large.

There was a Phoenix PD lieutenant, in charge of Sky Harbor, who posted here a few years ago. According to his posts, PhxPD is well versed in the legalities of Airport Carry, and follow the law.