• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My trip to Arizona and Sky Harbor International

Count

Founder's Club Member
So, again I travelled to AZ for a week. I drove, but I had to pick my mother in law up at Phoenix Sky Harbor. I went inside the airport to the luggage carousel area and open carried for about 20 minutes. While a cop on a bycicle inside the arrival area saw me and rode by me a couple times he never talked to me and everybody went about their business as they should. I carried very visibly my G17. The whole week I was in the Scottsdale area and also went to Sedona and the Grand Cannyons. Except in alcohol serving establishments I open carried the whole time without any incidents. I love Arizona and I want to move in the hilly area North East of North Scottsdale. Anyone familiar with that area?

AZkopper

I'm glad you had an uneventful open carry visit. AZ is very OC friendly by-and-large.

There was a Phoenix PD lieutenant, in charge of Sky Harbor, who posted here a few years ago. According to his posts, PhxPD is well versed in the legalities of Airport Carry, and follow the law.